• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adv: A Night at the Opera; Judge TwoHeadsBarking

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Well Sheng, from the Zim Clan of the Jade Empire it sounds as if you and your allies have done the Merchants a great service this day."

He steps forward, and while his tone is pleased his expression remains unchanged.

"As you may know, we have been having some difficulties with the opening of the new theatre. If you are interested, I could use some proper security for the next few nights. Tomorrow is still opening night after all."

Essam takes a step forward grabbing the man's attention. "Excuse me sir, but there may be some difficulties there. . ."

[sblock=Plot!]
To metagame with you all for a moment. Things are winding down. You agreed to meet Alfred tommorrow to receive the rest of you're payment. That's the very last thing, that I have planned, you have to do.

Captain Coppernail is now going to offer you an additional job as well. You do not need to accept. You do not all need to make the same descision. If some of you accept and others do not, this group will play out the Alfred encounter. Those who do not agree to the coming offer will then be done with the adventure.

Those who remain may recruit up to a full party for this optional bit. There will be XP and Rewards.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Incarnation is stymied by the device and considers asking Sheng about it when the hob comes in.

Standing, he remains silent, and tries to place any connection between this solider and the Mage.[sblock=OOC]Will do History check on this general (and an insight). Can't post too much right now, though.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"It mostly deppends on the pay, and the difficulty of the task at hand, honorable Captain Coppernail. If there is something to gain from this, you can count with my humble help. My comrades speak for themselves, I must say, and they might, or might not agree with the decisions I take."
Asks Sheng, hands in his sleeves.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Incarnation is stymied by the device and considers asking Sheng about it when the hob comes in.

Standing, he remains silent, and tries to place any connection between this solider and the Mage.

[sblock=Incarnation]Will do History check on this general (and an insight). Can't post too much right now, though.

**History 9, Insight 6, wow thats a 1 on each. You have no idea who this man is, or what he's thinking.
[/sblock]

"It mostly deppends on the pay, and the difficulty of the task at hand, honorable Captain Coppernail. If there is something to gain from this, you can count with my humble help. My comrades speak for themselves, I must say, and they might, or might not agree with the decisions I take."
Asks Sheng, hands in his sleeves.

Coppernail raises his hand to hold Essams concerns for a moment as he addresses the group.

"I can offer you three hundred and fifty gold pieces to put together a reasonable security team for the next six evenings. If you're allies here will have none bring in others. As it stands I think it's clear that assistance is needed and is imperritive that this show opens successfully in the public eye."

One of the soldiers behind him grunts, apparently insulted, but a quick look over the captain's shoulder ends all discontent. He then looks to Essam.

"Sir," starts the warforged. "We have no crew, they turned out to be in league with the goblin insurgents, and we have no word from the Lady of the Winds."

"Yes, Moozle ran, faster than I thought he could, from here to my compound." Answered the Captain. "The Lady showed up on my doorstep about an hour ago, and went into some kind of trance a half hour later. She assured me though that she knows the Opera well."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I presume that sum is for each of us?" asks the sorceror. "If that is so, I will be glad to help you in any endeavor you consider necessary."

EvolutionKB

First Post
"I'll help as w-w-well. My eyes are k-keen and an honest bit c-coin never hurt."

The shifter cleans off his blades on his cloak, idly listening to the conversation. Rurdev steps closer to Incarnation and whispers, "Didn't you s-s-say s-s-something about the L-Lady of the Winds?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Qynn d'Cealis, Eladrin Swordmage 1

"I may as well work for you. Beats at least waiting in the tavern!"
Qynn confirms his commitment.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Qynn
Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 12 Reflex 14 Will 15
Hit Points: 27 / 29 Bloodied: 14
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:7 Surges per day: 3 / 10
At-Will Powers: Aegis of Shielding, Sword Burst, Frigid Blade
Encounter Powers: Feystep, Chilling Blow
Daily Powers: Sweeping Frostblade

Condition: -
[/sblock][/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"I am offering three hundred and fifty gold pieces to stand outside of a theatre a few hours a night." The hobgoblin repeats. "No. . . that is a lump sum payment for whatever group you put together. If your services are put to the test I assure you the Merchants know how to reward fine service."

He pauses briefly. "And yes, the Lady of the Winds is at my compound. She is, after all, performing this Opera."

Nebten

First Post
Dane is confused at the whirlwind of newcomers. Then again, this has been a very tolling day for him and his head is still ringing from the snake venom.

Let me git back ta ya 'bout job. Whats dis 'bout goblin in-sur-gence?

Dane then steps back to Hadrak and whispers something to him in dwarven.

[sblock=Dwarven] Wasn't Moozle the guy we were hired to go against to free this warforge? And now we are being offered a job by a hobgoblin captain for this Moozle. Too many shadey sides to see anything clearly. [/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"That is not enough to pay for my services. I can't rely on the gratitude of the merchants, if a life threatening arises. The gold is not enough to take these risks, it is granted that if someone wanted to sabotage the play, and failed, they'll attempt to do it again, until they succeed. So, honorable captain, it will not be just stand outside the theater. I will take my leave now, and take the warforged to it's comrade so I can see some of the promised gold coins." With a ceremonial bow, Sheng is ready to leave to take his rightful prize.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads