• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adv: Rhapsody; Judge: renau1g

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Sorry for the delay. At first I was just giving Dlavach more time to post, and then I just kept getting interrupted when I tried to update this thread.

You know plus. . . this is kinda a big post for me.[/sblock]

Baern draws his next to last handaxe and looks around nervously. Blood pours from the half-dozen small cuts all over his body. I'm not to last much longer friends, but I will make them pay in blood first. He shifts away from the near goblin and tosses the small axe at it. The creature dodges easily and Baern ignores it, charging instead the goblin by Dalvach. His axe comes down, but the goblin quickly dodges.

[sblock=mechanics] Minor: draw handaxe
Move: shift to P17
Standard: Throw and Stab 1d20+8=11 What? and 1d20+11=13 Huh? End in O20
Goblin 10 can shift away **he does not**
Jaw drops open.
[/sblock]

Nyar strides confidently south. While things look grim for the heroes, he knows their strength lies together, not separated.

As he moves south, Nyar motions with Tinder and a bolt of arcane force strikes the north goblin down.

With a sweep of his hand, Baern's hand ax slides through the dirt to lay next to his left boot.

[sblock=ooc]
Actions: Movement: Walk to P18.
Standard: Magic Missle to Goblin at R16. 8 damage, dead.
Minor: Mage Hand: move Baern's hand ax to his square.[/sblock]

Dalvach looks to Baern, still hanging on by a thread, and slicing into the goblin before him with great power.

[sblock=ooc]Dalvach attacks the remaining goblin and kills it.[/sblock]

The crowd cheers and boos, but its hard to tell which is for whom. Our heroes know they only have seconds to ready themselves for the next wave.

One of the the kobold handlers, by the southern portcullis readies himself, but keeps darting his eyes back to the monster in the cage next to him. Suddenly the earth shifts and it seems to our terrified handler that monster has targeted him. The southern portcullis opens before the others as the kobold runs down the hall, behind the safety of the next gate.

Audrey, begins to struggle again, desperate to do something, but is silenced by a swift backhand of the adjacent changeling. Its enough to spur a fire within our heroes. Dalvach's spirits increase in outrage, and his psionic link to his friends spurs them on to greater action.

In amongst the crowd, hides a familiar face, who was also moved by the display of force. A young kalashtar, keeps to the shadows of her hood. Having earlier, found the broken window the others used to enter, something deep within her told her to go another path. That instinct led her here, amongst the crowd mere moments ago.

She longed to enter the fray, but knew guards to be close by, and the elven warrior on the stage, seemed beyond her single skill. She would have to play her hand carefully.

[sblock=Information]Nyar, Dalvach, and Bearn have each earned an Action Point, which can be used, even if you have already used an action point. You also regain you'e second wind.

You three also get an extra set of actions at the beginning of this round. 1 Minor, 1 Move, and 1 Standard. In addition to your normal actions you can use just these extra actions differently. You may spend a minor action to spend a healing surge, and you can spend the standard action to recharge an encounter power. This means, if you wanted to, you could spend all three actions as minor actions, and send three healing surges.

Cairn, since your initiative is higher than the enemies you may post at any time. You do not have to wait for our three arena veterans.

Veruza, feel free to post as well. Just not actions. You have combat advantage against all enemies until you make yourself known. You may be sitting or standing to start.

You are 35 ft above the action. Its a DC 22 Acrobatics check to get over the spikes safely. I'll let you tie a rope to the spikes as a minor action, before going over. . .if you had a rope. You did see security on the way in.[/sblock]

---------------------------------------------

Initiative!

Round 1

**; Nyar;
**; Dalvach;
**; Baern;
21; Cairn; N24; 63/63;
16; Nyar; P18; 18/33;
15; Baern; O20; 1/47; Bloodied;
13; Enemies; Acted
Lizardman; N3;
Hobgoblin Spear; E13;
Hobgoblin Halberd; E14;
11; Dalvach; M20; 27/43;
8; Veruza; K3 (Bleachers); 40/40;

Stats

White boxes are doors or portcullises. Wavy lines are curtains. The walls are 35 ft and lined with spikes, except on the platform. That's 40 ft and lined with spikes.

[sblock=Map]
Arena17.png
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Baern uses the commotion to take a brief respite, calming down and breathing deep to recover. Come together, friends, and let us survive this.

[sblock=OOC] I looked in IC and Baern has thrown 4 handaxes, which means he has one left. This dwarf really needs some healing, so
Special Turn: Standard Action - recharge Disruptive Strike
Minor Action - spend a healing surge
I will wait for my regular turn until I see what the others do.
I don't suppose this is considered a milestone for my armor?
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Disruptive Strike (adjacent enemy attacks Baern or ally), Unbalancing Parry (enemy misses Baern with melee attack)
Init: +2 Speed: 5 Perception:22 Insight: 15
AC: 20 NAD:18/14/16
HP: 23/47 Surges: 5/8 Surge Value: 11 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Str:19 Dex:10 Wis:16 Con:15 Int:10 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Hunter's Quarry, Throw and Stab, Twin Strike
Encounter: Disruptive Strike, Off-Hand Strike, Second Wind, Unbalancing Parry, Battle Awareness
Daily: Chainmail of Dwarven Vigor, Jaws of the Wolf, Opportunistic Waraxe

Full Character Sheet [/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: if anybody can grant extra move action or has effect on action point use, speak up. I'd prefer to attack in the same round Cairn appears instead of ending half way up. Thank you.

[sblock=Cairn's climbing]
Initial round as he appears: from the box to T18 6 squares move.
Standard and Minor: Run to the wall and jump high activating boots (with two wall to wall jumps (boots of the fencing master))
High Jump (1d20+10=24)

2 squares
24/5 = 4' + 4/5 - not sure if +5 bonus from two close walls counts here
height + 1/3 height: 6'6" + 2' 2'' = 8' + 2/3

-------------------------
22' + 12/15 + 10/15 = 22/15

23.5 feet

Next round:
Move
Climb (1d20+10+5=19)
Climb over spikes (1d20+10+5=34)

+15 (half move, 3 squares)
-----
38,5 feet (if +5 for the jump counts then it's enough to get up. Otherwise use AP to get up fully)
[/sblock]

The statue runs out of the box and straight toward raised platform running by the belaguered group.
"Follow." comes deep rumbling and you may notice there is a rope wound around it's waist.

It then makes amazing jump, running up the wall almost ten feet straigth up and grabbing the wall just under the spikes. It doesn't stop grabbing spikes and using them as climbing help. It seems it's stone skin is fairly resistant to immobile blades.

In few seconds he was in the arena, hulking statue got up among the leaders of this show and starts swinging it's weapon.

"Eberron does not fall under influence of you petty drugs! I am of Eberron. Now you pay." the voice has thunderous quality one could connect to avalanche starting high in the mountains.

Thunderram Primary attack vs. W15 AC; Damage (1d20+10=18, 1d10+5=12)
if that hits (add CA if applicable), W15 is pushed 4 squares out of the map.

Stones seem to respond to his strike and wave goes to opposite side of his strike as he whirls around.

Thunderram secondary vs Fort (W12, T13, U14); damage (1d20+10=29, 1d20+10=17, 1d20+10=23, 1d6+1=4)
everyone hit is pushed 1 square toward or over the edge and into the arena.

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=Info]Baern, Nyar, and Baern have all reached a milestone, for any effects requiring a milestone.

I will try and update again this evening, so we can all see what the heck Cairn just did.

Feel free to post or not in the meantime. Oh and Cairn, you double posted.[/sblock]

Neurotic

Forgot to mention: AP is used for the attack if he managed to climb up in the initial round without using it. If not, he DOES NOT spend it as he will have full move to get up anyhow. Erm, I mean, standard to move to get up...oh, heck it comes to the same outcome if +5 does not count for initial jump. Ignore this.

FourMonos

First Post
(prior to Cairn's turn)

Nyar steps south to stand next to Baern, speaking to the dwarfs.

"Well friends, we are surrounded on all sides. A lizardman to the north, hobgoblins west and a golem south. If we don't make it through this, I just wanted to say it was an honor to fight at your side."

He takes a deep breath and readies himself for the action.

"Baern. Catch. You might need it."

[sblock=actions]
Move: Walk to P20.
Minor: Use healing surge: 3/6 surges and 26/33 hit points.
Standard: Minor action: Mage Hand, pull one of Baern's hand axes to him. Also, not sure if you counted the hand ax I pulled to your square last turn in your count.
Free: Wait to see how Cairn's climb move goes.[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
EDIT: I'm doing new math on the Cairn Climb

Baern uses the commotion to take a brief respite, calming down and breathing deep to recover. Come together, friends, and let us survive this.

[sblock=OOC] I looked in IC and Baern has thrown 4 handaxes, which means he has one left. This dwarf really needs some healing, so
Special Turn: Standard Action - recharge Disruptive Strike
I will wait for my regular turn until I see what the others do.
I don't suppose this is considered a milestone for my armor?
[/sblock]

Nyar steps south to stand next to Baern, speaking to the dwarfs.

"Well friends, we are surrounded on all sides. A lizardman to the north, hobgoblins west and a golem south. If we don't make it through this, I just wanted to say it was an honor to fight at your side."

He takes a deep breath and readies himself for the action.

"Baern. Catch. You might need it."

[sblock=actions]
Move: Walk to P20.
Minor: Use healing surge: 3/6 surges and 26/33 hit points.
Standard: Minor action: Mage Hand, pull one of Baern's hand axes to him. Also, not sure if you counted the hand ax I pulled to your square last turn in your count.
Free: Wait to see how Cairn's climb move goes.[/sblock]

The statue runs out of the box and straight toward raised platform running by the belaguered group.
"Follow." comes deep rumbling and you may notice there is a rope wound around it's waist.

It then makes amazing jump, running up the wall almost ten feet straigth up and grabbing the wall just under the spikes.

[sblock=Cairn's climbing]
**DM Says:
I need to break this down more step by step.

1. Move 6 squares, end 2 squares from the wall. (this is obvious and we agree)
2. Move action. 2 squares movement to the wall. Jump, 4 ft (jump) + 8 ft (height + reach) = 12 ft. I'll let you finish the move pulling you into the next square. That puts you at 15 ft up.
3. Minor: Shift up 2 squares, which I'm allowing because I didn't catch it before. You're only at 25 ft up.

You would need one more movement, to get all the way up. I'll let you keep you athletics check to get over the spikes, but unless you do so this action, somehow you'll need to reroll the attacks.

Climb over spikes (1d20+10+5=34)
[/sblock]

---------------------------------------------

Initiative!

Round 1

**; Dalvach;
21; Cairn; V16 (25 ft); 63/63; Acted
16; Nyar; P20; 26/33;
15; Baern; O20; 23/47; Bloodied;
13; Enemies; Acted
Lizardman; N3;
Hobgoblin Spear; E13;
Hobgoblin Halberd; E14;
11; Dalvach; M20; 27/43;
8; Veruza; K3 (Bleachers); 40/40;

Stats

White boxes are doors or portcullises. Wavy lines are curtains. The walls are 35 ft and lined with spikes, except on the platform. That's 40 ft and lined with spikes.

Climb DC for Walls is 16. Or 10 with a rope. 22 to get over the spikes safely.

[sblock=Map]
Arena18.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] Can's Cairn spend an AP? I really want that attack to go off. So the only enemies we can attack are in the iniative or not?

Also, Baern now has 2 handaxes mage handed to him but I can't pick them both up (and stow one) unless I spend 3 minor actions, so if Nyar wants to recharge an encounter power with that standard action DO THAT! Unless he put them back in my belt?

Too bad I 'm not a Thrikreen.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I could, but even then I'm an action short. I need someone to grant extra move or standard if possible. Or shift/push 3 straight up (I'm willing to take damage for it!! )

Remove ads