4E Adv: Rhapsody; Judge: renau1g

ScorpiusRisk

Villager
As you exit the Tavern dusk sets in. Most businesses will still be open for a couple of hours. The Key Sip is located in Torchfire, Lower Menthis, a theatre district.

------------------------------------------------------------

Rhapsody

DM: ScorpiusRisk
Judge: renau1g

Adventure Information as of 04/21/2010

Party Members:
Baern Woodsbane, Dwarf Ranger, lvl 4, johnmeier1
Daegaul Useurhy, Half-elf Battlemind, lvl 4, Zissou
Dalvach Dagda, Dwarf Ardent, lvl 4, modest
Nyar Harbor, Human Wizard, lvl 4, FourMonos
Veruza Jeleka, Kalashtar Cleric, lvl 4, CaBana

**If you have not ported your character over to the new wiki, please do so as soon as you can and post your link here. As of this time I only have Baern.**


Major Quests: Find the missing House Jorasco Members

Minor Quests:

XP Awarded: None

Treasure Awarded: None

Date Started: 04/21/2010
Days Played: 0

Rules of Play:

1. Please include your quick stats in your post on each post in combat, and on the first post where your status has changed.

2. In combat I will track your hitpoints and status effects but I'd like you to do the same in your quick stats. After all, I am not perfect.

3. If you are using a wishlist, and it gets updated, please let me know. If you are not using a wishlist, no worries. In LEB, I will almost always pick from your wishlist iwhen possible.

4. I will roll initiative for all. You do not need to wait for you're turn in initiative to post your actions. Enemies will usually go on one initiative.

Effects happen in the order you post. Any effects lasting for an entire round, that should effect you, do, but only once per round the effect exists, despite you're posting order.

If you tie for initiative with the enemy, you will go first.

5. I will not post full stats for enemies. All status effects will be posted. Auras will be posted once they first take noticeable affect. HP will be posted once bloodied. Defenses will be revealed individually once hit. Some familiar monsters are modified.

6. If an sblock is labeled for someone other than you, I ask you not to read it.

7. If you do not post for 2 days, and we are in a skill challenge or combat encounter, I will post for you. I will only use At-Will Powers.

8. If you have an image you'd like to use for your token, please send me the file bal112083(at)gmail.com.

9. If Invisible Castle is down may use Dice Room or post your actions and I will make the rolls.
 
Last edited:

johnmeier1

Villager
Does anyone know the way to Torchfire? Baern asks and they leave the Tavern. He still has his handaxe in one hand, though his whittling was left inside.

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Disruptive Strike (adjacent enemy attacks Baern or ally), Unbalancing Parry (enemy misses Baern with melee attack), Battle Awareness (adjacent enemy shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include Baern)
Status:
Init: +2 Speed: 5 Perception:22 Insight: 15
AC: 20 NAD:18/14/16
HP: 47/47 Surges: 8/8 Surge Value: 11 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Str:19 Dex:10 Wis:16 Con:15 Int:10 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Hunter's Quarry, Shield of Blades, Twin Strike
Encounter: Disrupting Strike, Off-Hand Strike, Second Wind, Unbalancing Parry, Battle Awareness
Daily: Chainmail of Dwarven Vigor, Jaws of the Wolf, Opportunistic Waraxe

Full Character Sheet [/sblock]
 
Last edited:

FourMonos

Villager
Nyar steps from the Shard, slightly behind the rest of the party. He gathers his traveling cloak around himself. He leans heavily on his quarterstaff as he walks. His right hand appears to be keeping his cloak about him for warmth, but in fact he holds his wand for ease of use.

"Sorry Bearn, I'm new to this city. I am not familiar with the different districts. If we really don't know, we could always ask the city guard."

[sblock=ooc] Sorry for the delay everyone. I didn't know about the new location for the character pages until Scorpius made that first post. I do have my character on there now and submitted him for review. [/sblock]
 
Last edited:

modest

Villager
Dalvach blunders through the crowds of people as he leads the way out of the Shard. He moves at a steady pace, weaving through the myriad of people despite all the equipment he carries. "Come on lads! It's this way!" He tries to seem confident, projecting his credence about him, but really has no idea where Torchfires exact location is. Luckily his stock is that this method has always led Dalvach to right where he needs to be.
[D]...[/D]
[sblock=OOC] Hey guys, sorry for the late posts. Working on character page over the next couple days. Finally eh?![/sblock]
[D]...[/D]
[sblock=Check] Dalvach is going to roll a streetwise check here.
1d20+11 → [11,11] = (22) Roll Lookup [/sblock]
 

ScorpiusRisk

Villager
[sblock=Dalvach] There are yet plenty of people around, and it's not hard to find clear directions, not just to Torchfire but one individual knows the shop in the question.

He seems confused when you refer to it as a healing house. "Always seemed a bit more like a chemist to me? Sure you got your healing potions, but you also have your oils and things. Lots of mundane, helpful things."[/sblock]
 

FourMonos

Villager
"Well I usually trust a dwarf to lead in two conditions: underground or to find a good ale," Nyar muses. "But it seems Dalvach is taking a lead. I suggest we all stay together."

Nyar sets off after Dalvach, trying to stay within sight of the quick footed dwarf. While he still uses the staff for support, his movement through the crowd is much more agile than his posture and stance would have suggested.
 

modest

Villager
Dalvach looks the man up and down, then spits as he projects an atmosphere of clarity amidst the hustle and bustle. "Hmm...potions and oils you say? What types of mundane things might ye be referring to, if ye don't mind me asking?"
Dalvach sends a mental 'ping' out to his comrades, letting them know that he is on the right track and where he is currently located. "Tell me manling, are we far from the 'Sip now?"

[D]...[/D]

[sblock=Check] I would like to roll insight to see if he is telling the truth about the 'oils and things' and also the location of the shop in question.
1d20+12 → [8,12] = (20) Insight http://invisiblecastle.com/roller /view/2496513/ [/sblock]
 

ScorpiusRisk

Villager
[sblock=Dalvach]You believe he is telling the truth.[/sblock]

"Oh lots of things I suppose. Oil to toughen you're leather. Special treatment to get blood out of silk. I have a cousin works as a maid for a noble and she swears by that stuff. Thy say they're lamp oil burns longer than others but I'm not too sure about that. Seems fishy if you ask me.

"But yeah, won't take you too long. Just jump a lift to the lower level, then a bridge over to Menthis. Take you twenty minutes if your in a rush."
 

modest

Villager
Dalvach nods his appreciation and offers the helpful manling a gold piece. "Come Baern, Nyar. We're not but a hobble away from our quarry. Let's get this over with.." Dalvach grumbles and quickly heads for the nearest lift to the lower level. Shoulders hunched, cloak wrapped around his frame and hammer dragging on the stones behind him, Dalvach clears a path through the crowds using cerebral 'pushes'. He nods to Nyar and Baern with a wink, "They'll catch up later, I'm keeping my mind open to Daegauls' communications. Works brilliantly when you need to be..subtle." Dalvach grins and continues ahead, recalling the time he and Daegaul met up with some Kobolds and a Bugbear in a dark alley. The story is drowned out by the bustle of the crowd and Dalvachs quick pace as he finds his way to the lift.
 

johnmeier1

Villager
Baern raises an eyebrow at Dalvach's comments about Daegaul before settling back into a stride with his short legs that he seems able to keep up all day. When those in town give him odd looks he puts his handaxe away, fidgeting nervously with his hands.
 

Zissou

Villager
Daegaul gets lost in a dark leather bound book. Scrawling pencil drawings on the empty parchment papers that are bleached an unnatural white. He tries to capture the essence of passerby's with quick gesture depictions. A few lines to resemble the tavern that the group just left.

An electric wind catches Daegaul's attention. Distinctive in the way I know it must be Dalvach. He lifts his head from the brim of the book to look for his comrades. "Gah... separated from the group." Daegual says to no one while he starts to head for the direction the mental message translated from.

Daegaul mutters at a middle-aged man walking the opposite direction through town. "Have you seen a short mug of a dwarf walk this way? Looks like someone who'd leave a man behind, smells like a family of swamp wrestling leeches?... no, haven't seen him...? says Daegaul to the man in a sarcastic tone, finding humor in the situation since he already knows where Dalvach is.

[sblock=OOC]

Great to see the adventure is up, but it seems like I've lost most of my character information with the changes to the website. Does anyone know if that info can be recovered.

[/sblock]
 

FourMonos

Villager
Nyar attempts to keep pace with the collection of adventurers making their way down the street. He slides his goggles in place, keeping an eye on the crowd and buildings, watching for anything out of sort.

He attempts to strike up a conversation with his new companion, "Baern, if you don't mind me saying, you've seemed most at ease with an ax in your hand. You mentioned earlier that a change in profession might some day be in your future, despite Tooth and Nail's effectiveness. I don't claim to be the most experienced traveller, but I can say this of my travel's: Someone who is good with a weapon of war will always find his services highly pursued."

[sblock=ministats] posting soon [/sblock]
 

johnmeier1

Villager
Baern sheepishly chats with Nyar as they walk along.

Aye, I found after the war that I could be a guard. I worked on House Orien's caravan routes through the Reaches. I was well compensated in money... but I lost too many friends, comrades on those routes.

He wrings his hands out then looks at them. Perhaps if I could create instead of destroying...

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Disruptive Strike (adjacent enemy attacks Baern or ally), Unbalancing Parry (enemy misses Baern with melee attack), Battle Awareness (adjacent enemy shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include Baern)
Status:
Init: +2 Speed: 5 Perception:22 Insight: 15
AC: 20 NAD:18/14/16
HP: 47/47 Surges: 8/8 Surge Value: 11 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Str:19 Dex:10 Wis:16 Con:15 Int:10 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Hunter's Quarry, Shield of Blades, Twin Strike
Encounter: Disrupting Strike, Off-Hand Strike, Second Wind, Unbalancing Parry, Battle Awareness
Daily: Chainmail of Dwarven Vigor, Jaws of the Wolf, Opportunistic Waraxe

Full Character Sheet [/sblock]
 

modest

Villager
Humming along his way, and delightfully cheerful that he is on the right path to the 'Sip, Dalvach stops abruptly and looks about his surroundings. Satisfied with where he is, he then tightens up the leather straps holding his cloak up and cinches his beard into his belt. He readjusts his bandolier, spits and then continues on. A quick glance back and a mental fringe probe lets him know that his companions are not far behind.

[sblock=Check] Perception check please! [/sblock]
[sblock=Check]
1d20+7 → [10,7] = (17) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2498086/ aww crap.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

Villager
It doesn't take long for the group to reconnect down in Torchfire. Torchfire is quite the spectacle in and of itself. Theatre's line many streets both open and closed. On the larger streets and bridges vendors walk around, pushing carts selling trinkets, and things to eat. The smell of roast rock crawler drifts through the air tempting passers by.

Many entertainers crowd the streets as well, looking for handouts for their feats of acrobatics, juggling and dance, not to mention those selling more private matters.

You find the Key sip off a smaller street. Its sign is painted clearly, cut of wood resembling a goblet. A small window shows many potions and ointments. Inside you see a small shop, with one or two patrons browsing. There is a curtain leading to what you would assume is a backroom. A young girl mans the counter. You hear a crowd scream somewhere near by. A theatre likely showing some kind of bloodsport.

[sblock=ooc]At this point, I'm not sure if it's possible to get information from the old wiki. You might want to post in the ooc discussion thread for assistance.[/sblock]
 

FourMonos

Villager
He wrings his hands out then looks at them. Perhaps if I could create instead of destroying...

... but I lost too many friends, comrades on those routes.

A shadow passes of Nyar's face at Bearn's words. He lets the words linger a moment as they walk.

"Aye, friend, I too wished to seek to create something... special, and I thought I had found that thing. Then I lost her..."

Nyar spots Dalvach up ahead waiting. "Oye Dalvach, you move fast for such short legs. The rest of us didn't think we would catch you."

As the companions gather near in Torchfire, "So do we all go in together, do a little looking about? Should we split up and go in separate in small groups? If there are any employees or guards, who should try to 'obtain' a little information?"


Upon entering the Key Sip, Nyar does a rapid stock of the items available in the store, making special note of any materials used in various rituals and alchemical recipes.

[sblock=arcana] I can't get Invisible Castle to post, I rolled a 7 plus 12 = 19. [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Status:
Init: +5 Speed: 6 Perception:13 Insight: 18
AC: 17 NAD: F: 13 R:18 W:16 (+2 vs. Illusion Attacks/Perception)
HP: 33/33 Surges: 6/6 Surge Value: 8 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:8 Dex:16 Wis:12 Con:11 Int:20 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Magic Missle, Storm Pillar, Scorching Burst
Encounter: Empowering Lightning, Pinioning Vortex, Second Wind, Wand of Accuracy, Otherworldly Lore
Daily: Bracers of Escape, Sleep [/sblock]
 
Last edited:

johnmeier1

Villager
Baern quietly looks around the shop trying to remain unobtrusive and alert.

[sblock=actions] Bluff 1d20-1=18 Perception 1d20+12=19
Ah, the d20 system...
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Disruptive Strike (adjacent enemy attacks Baern or ally), Unbalancing Parry (enemy misses Baern with melee attack), Battle Awareness (adjacent enemy shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include Baern)
Status:
Init: +2 Speed: 5 Perception:22 Insight: 15
AC: 20 NAD:18/14/16
HP: 47/47 Surges: 8/8 Surge Value: 11 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Str:19 Dex:10 Wis:16 Con:15 Int:10 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Hunter's Quarry, Shield of Blades, Twin Strike
Encounter: Disrupting Strike, Off-Hand Strike, Second Wind, Unbalancing Parry, Battle Awareness
Daily: Chainmail of Dwarven Vigor, Jaws of the Wolf, Opportunistic Waraxe

Full Character Sheet [/sblock]
 

ScorpiusRisk

Villager
You enter the shop and look around. The place seems full of odds and ends. Much of it, you wouldn't be sure what to do with. There are jars of odd animal parts, many dried leaves and other herbs. One shelf is filled with powders for stage actors. Another, potions and oinments for common ailments. There's even some exotic teas.

You don't even see any traditional healing potions.

The girl at the front smiles but does not intrude simply stating. "Let me know if you need any assistance." She seems nice.
 

Advertisement

Top