log in or register to remove this ad

 

Adv: Rhapsody; Judge: renau1g

Zissou

First Post
After catching up to the group and sharing a few words, Daegaul approaches the nice girl at the counter. "What the hell are we doing here again?... Daegaul lifts an eyebrow and locks eyes with the woman behind the counter. "Excuse me, do you have anything to drink?." Leaning in closer, Daegaul compliments the young woman and asks "What's your name?"

[sblock=Check] I would like to roll Diplomacy to learn more about this woman and hopefully find out a few things.
1d20+13 → [7,13] = (20) Insight http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2501750/[/sblock]
 

log in or register to remove this ad

modest

First Post
After assuring himself that walking into a previously unvisited and unknown location without a weapon in-hand is an acceptable means of good 'diplomacy', Dalvach follows Daegaul into the shop. Dalvach sees that Baern has already put himself in a 'non-threatening' position, if the bearer of those axes could ever be referred to as 'non-threatening'. As Dalvach walks by the various bits and bobs scattered over tables and shelves, he stops and says a few quick words to Nyar. "Watch the door please, mage..I have a bad feeling about this one." Small, prickly shivers run up Dalvach's spine and make the hair on his shoulders stand on end. His hat is pulled low over one eye, and as he approaches the counter he lifts it off his head and gives a quick, furtive bow before placing it back on his head. His demeanor is clearly all business. "Daegaul, you and I both know this one is taken. Look at her hand. Now, please do me a favor and find me some Svenfylking root while I have a word with this young madame." Dalvach rubs the spot under his eye-patch and gives a big, toothy grin to the woman behind the counter. "Good day to you miss. I'm not going to insult your intelligence by telling you we're here for just medical supplies. You know who we are and why we're here. Of course, it is not every day that you are confronted with a group such as us." Dalvach then presents a small, beaten amulet with the symbol of the house Jorasco upon it. "I believe this isn't the first time you've seen this before either. Now please, since I have been so kind as to not insult your intelligence, please do the same for me and answer me what I need to know." Dalvach frowns and purses his lips, projecting a small wave of fear at the woman that feels like nails being scraped on the back of her skull. "We have come here under the suspicion that you have 'interfered' with the duties of some fellow house Jorasco members. I implore you to speak plainly, and with truth in your heart. We do not wish to stay long. Now, where are you keeping them my good woman?"

[sblock=Check] I am going to call this a diplomacy check..but if you feel it's more 'intimidation' I understand. He is an investigator after all..
1d20+6 → [12,6] = (18) Roll Lookup [/sblock]



[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Ardent Mantle: Mantle of Clarity. Allies within 5 get +3 to all defenses against opportunity attacks. +2 to Perception and Insight checks.
Status:Happy
Init: +3 Speed: 5 Perception:17 Insight: 22
AC: 21 NAD:16/13/17
HP: 43/43 Surges: 10/10 Surge Value: 10 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Str:10 Dex:12 Wis:16 Con:16 Int:8 Cha:18

Powers:
At-Will: Ire Strike, Prescient Strike, Energizing Strike
Encounter: Fey Strike Craghammer
Daily: Chainmail of Dwarven Vigor, Endure Pain, Wormhole Plunge, Targeting Repeating Crossbow
[/sblock]
 

CaBaNa

First Post
Veruza lightly places a hand to her head, Here we go again, never any subtlety with these guys... she says in a whisper, backing up a few paces, gauging reactions.

Waving her hand at the poultices and tea leaves, Veruza lilts to the girl, Lovely stock you have, wherever did your associates find all these wonders? She pauses after asking, and continues as if the question was rhetorical, Do you mind if we accompany you to see the manager?

[sblock=OOC]

diplomacy 12

Link to Veruza's Sheet

Do a google search, for your characters name and "leb", click the "cache" link below the regular link. I plan to switch my CS over to the Google Doc soon. Soon by PbP standards... I've got finals this week, and will be heavy studying instead of anything fun...

In fact, I'll only be semi-regular posting until after August, and then things go back to daily posting.
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Zissou, I can't make rolls for you because I don't know what your stats are. You can feel free to roll your won diplomacy.

modest, I think thats fine diplomacy. No clear threat of violence and I read as calm, if blunt.[/sblock]

The girl smiles, if a bit confused at the back and forth style of questioning. "My name is Kelly and the manager is not in. Though if you are looking for him I'd be happy to take a message. Other than that I'm afraid I don't what you're talking about. Normally I'd have guessed a group like you is looking for healing potions and antivenom, but if you're with Jorasco I don't thats the case."
 

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar stands near the entrance to the shop, watching the interactions of his friends with the lass behind the counter. He pretends to be deciding between "Ten Day Frog" or "Stinking Mire" brands of tadpole pumice.

He attempts to gauge the young ladies response to his companions questions. Nyar rolls his eyes a bit at the House Jorasco symbol that Dalvach produces.

"Subtle as always old friend," Nyar grins and mumbles to himself.

[sblock=Insight] 1d20+7 → [3,7] = (10)
Roll Lookup [/sblock]

Try as he might, he is too far away to fully see her expressions.

Nyar ponders the curtain at the back of the room. He tries (well, a little) to resist the urge.

Curiosity turned the mage's hat into a cat and all that....

With his hand at his side, behind the shelf, Nyar effortlessly produces a Mage Hand near the curtain. He grabs the curtain and rolls the hand slightly as to be concealed by the fabric and slowly pulls the curtain back....

[sblock=ministats]
Status:
Init: +5 Speed: 6 Perception:13 Insight: 18
AC: 17 NAD: F: 13 R:18 W:16 (+2 vs. Illusion Attacks/Perception)
HP: 33/33 Surges: 6/6 Surge Value: 8 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:8 Dex:16 Wis:12 Con:11 Int:20 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Magic Missle, Storm Pillar, Scorching Burst
Encounter: Empowering Lightning, Pinioning Vortex, Second Wind, Wand of Accuracy, Otherworldly Lore
Daily: Bracers of Escape, Sleep [/sblock]
 
Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
Kelly, if you don't know anything, and you don't own this place? How about a guided tour? Veruza swishes closer to the girl, and speaks into her mind, We pay you for the whole guided tour, including your break.

The Kalashtar smiles while examining some salve or another, glancing at the girl, How much for this healing salve?

[sblock=OOC]

20 diplomacy with Kelly for a "guided tour", and then private time to search the place.

[/sblock]
 

modest

First Post
Nyar ponders the curtain at the back of the room. He tries (well, a little) to resist the urge.

Curiosity turned the mage's hat into a cat and all that....

With his hand at his side, behind the shelf, Nyar effortlessly produces a Mage Hand near the curtain. He grabs the curtain and rolls the hand slightly as to be concealed by the fabric and slowly pulls the curtain back....

Dalvach smiles jovially and places his small house pendant back into his cloak. "Acch, well then where has your manager gone off to? If you don't mind I'll just take a look around and we'll be off. Oye, 'Yoos, would you do the honors and lead us into the back of the shop there? It seems as if our welcome has been planned." Dalvach sends a pleased, thankful wave of emotion in Nyar's direction.

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Ardent Mantle: Mantle of Clarity. Allies within 5 get +3 to all defenses against opportunity attacks. +2 to Perception and Insight checks.
Status:Happy
Init: +3 Speed: 5 Perception:17 Insight: 22
AC: 21 NAD:16/13/17
HP: 43/43 Surges: 10/10 Surge Value: 10 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Str:10 Dex:12 Wis:16 Con:16 Int:8 Cha:18

Powers:
At-Will: Ire Strike, Prescient Strike, Energizing Strike
Encounter: Fey Strike Craghammer
Daily: Chainmail of Dwarven Vigor, Endure Pain, Wormhole Plunge, Targeting Repeating Crossbow
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
As the mage pulls back the curtain it reveals a small hallway. You can see one c closed door, but there is clearly more to the hall out of site. It also reveals a human guard, wearing scale who was sitting on a chair, against the wall. He stands up immediately and step forward to fill the doorway. He does not raise his crossbow, but its loaded and rests in his hand. A longsword is sheathed at his hip.

"The salve is seven silver." The girl replies, eerily polite. "I'm afraid the backroom is not open to the public."
 


FourMonos

First Post
"This situation is starting to border on paranormal," Nyar thinks to himself.

He slowly pulls his wand out of his traveling cloak as he steps laterally toward the girl at the desk, Kelly, to get a better look. "I've seen mind altering behavior that ranges from a simple charm person to the controlled chattel of the mind flayers and the fanatacism of cultists. I need a closer look to detemine if something is altering this lady's behavior."

[sblock=rolls] Arcana: 1d20+12 → [8,12] = (20) Roll Lookup Dungeoneering: 1d20+7 → [10,7] = (17) Roll Lookup Religion: 1d20+12 → [10,12] = (22) Roll Lookup [/sblock]


[sblock=ooc] Man is everyone studying for finals or what? I'm waiting for someone with some charisma to post. :) Does the pulling the wand count as readying myself in case combat starts Scorpius? [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Status:
Init: +5 Speed: 6 Perception:13 Insight: 18
AC: 17 NAD: F: 13 R:18 W:16 (+2 vs. Illusion Attacks/Perception)
HP: 33/33 Surges: 6/6 Surge Value: 8 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:8 Dex:16 Wis:12 Con:11 Int:20 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Magic Missle, Storm Pillar, Scorching Burst
Encounter: Empowering Lightning, Pinioning Vortex, Second Wind, Wand of Accuracy, Otherworldly Lore
Daily: Bracers of Escape, Sleep [/sblock]
 

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Oh yeah. you're ready for combat.[/sblock]

Seeing the wand drawn the girl looks nervous and takes step back. The man in the doorway raises his crossbow and points it at Nyar. He stomps his foot once and a second man appears in the doorway with a longsword and shield.

"I'm going to ask you to keep your wand sheathed while in the Key Sip, sir." She says nervously.

[sblock=Arcana 17/Religion 17]The girl's reaction to self preservation leads you to believe she's not under any magic induced mind control. It could be there, but it would be an unusually complex one.[/sblock]
 

modest

First Post
In a bustling flash that belies his age, Dalvach drops his equipment and cloak in one swift fling of his arm. His hat flies off with the motion and lands atop his pile of raiments. His Craghammer glimmers a sparkle of blue as if reflecting a light not seen in this store, or this realm for that matter. His armor stretches and creaks to the sound of stone on stone, as if adjusting to fit his muscles that are engorging with blood. His face is fury. His one blue eye seems maniacal and rage driven, yet somewhere deep in the center is a perfect calm. When he speaks, it is not with the forward, arrogant manner he has presented before. All too halcyon and decidedly, with his hammer held low, defensively, he looks the man in the eye and says, "Ye want to be careful who ye threaten there manling. I'd put your heart through a grindstone just as soon as look at ye. Ye know not who ye menace with that weapon. Put it down. Now."

[sblock=ministats] Triggers: Ardent Mantle: Mantle of Clarity. Allies within 5 get +3 to all defenses against opportunity attacks. +2 to Perception and Insight checks. Status:Happy Init: +3 Speed: 5 Perception:17 Insight: 22 AC: 21 NAD:16/13/17 HP: 43/43 Surges: 10/10 Surge Value: 10 AP: 1 Languages: Common, Dwarven Str:10 Dex:12 Wis:16 Con:16 Int:8 Cha:18
Powers: At-Will: Ire Strike, Prescient Strike, Energizing Strike Encounter: Fey Strike Craghammer Daily: Chainmail of Dwarven Vigor, Endure Pain, Wormhole Plunge, Targeting Repeating Crossbow [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC/Check] I believe Nyar is going to assist me with this intimidate check so please don't post a response yet, if you do it's no big deal but here it is.
1d20+6 → [17,6] = (23) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2512439/ woot![/sblock]
 
Last edited:

johnmeier1

First Post
Baern puts a hand to his handaxe warily, but makes no aggressive moves.

[sblock=OOC] I'm back, luckily nothing has happened YET.
Baern will draw but not threaten with a handaxe.
[/sblock]
 

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar smiles inwardly to himself. Dalvach can be quite intimidating when he wants to be. "I'll see if I can help him out," Nyar thinks to himself, using a little hidden Prestidigitation.

His eyes go wide with fear. "EGADS man! You don't know what you've done! You have incited the anger of a Slayer! You better stand down or we'll be cleaning your entrails off of everything in this shop ....and that poor girls pretty face!"

Blue smoke starts to fume off the head of Dalvach's hammer and streaks angrily toward the ceiling. The hammer head begins to pulse with blue light. The guards feel a chill travel down their spine.

"I don't want to have to clean up after him again! All that blood makes me vomit! Here! As a show of good faith, I will take the first step and put my wand away," Nyar makes exaggerated movements to show himself placing his wand away back inside his robes.

[sblock=ooc] Hope that counts as an assist on Intimidate. I wasn't trying to accelerate this to a fight, promise! :) And welcome back JM1! [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Status:
Init: +5 Speed: 6 Perception:13 Insight: 18
AC: 17 NAD: F: 13 R:18 W:16 (+2 vs. Illusion Attacks/Perception)
HP: 33/33 Surges: 6/6 Surge Value: 8 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:8 Dex:16 Wis:12 Con:11 Int:20 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Magic Missle, Storm Pillar, Scorching Burst
Encounter: Empowering Lightning, Pinioning Vortex, Second Wind, Wand of Accuracy, Otherworldly Lore
Daily: Bracers of Escape, Sleep [/sblock]
 
Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
The men in the doorway clearly look uncomfortable but their weapons do not lower. The man with the sword steps up and takes a readied stance. The girl at the counter slowly begins lowering to the floor.

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave!" He says quite loudly, and soon you know why. The door in the hall behind them cracks open and two more men come out, one with a club and the other with what looks like a broom handle. From the scuffle behind them, you'd guess there's more.
 

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar looks about the shop and ponders the situation. Clearly things are not as they appear. Why would a simple herbalists shop contain a small contingent of armed guards? Multiple armed guards on duty, almost as if expecting serious altercations at any moment?

However, at this juncture, there is still no evidence of obvious wrong doing that would warrant a vicious ending to this encounter.

"Oye, comrades! Slayer! We need not shed these poor souls blood needlessly. Let us adjourn post haste! Slayer, do not unleash the beast of anger and violence! Spare these poor beings your fury."

Nyar slowly steps toward the door, hoping his comrades follow him.
He does watch the guards closely, in particular trying to determine if there are any identifying marks for House Deneith or any local mercenary guilds. His hand stays inside his robe, ready in case things turn violent.

[sblock=perception] 1d20+2 → [20,2] = (22)
Roll Lookup Aha! Natural 20! what a waste... [/sblock]
 

modest

First Post
Dalvach senses the other guards presence down the hall. Small, blurry outlines of confusion and haste fill his mind. They know not what their purpose is. It would be a shame for them to die so presently. He hears Nyar's words like some far-off voice of reason. Slowly, his rage disappears like a morning mist over the mountains of his hold. He starts to visibly shrink back into his hunched, modest form. "If we leave, it will be by our own accord you rat-mother hosts of vermin." Dalvach vehemently hisses the next part, "I hope you live long enough for me to kill you upon our next meeting." With that, Dalvach stoops to pick up his belongings, securing his cloak around his chest and placing his hat atop his head. "Come, there's more than one way to drown a goblin."
 


ScorpiusRisk

First Post
The party exits the shop and things seem to calm considerably. The evening was waning and it would night soon. All around the district lights begin to appear, whether torches or magical. Some meant for seeing by, others to attract people to their shows over others.

The Key Sip has remained open but one of the armed guards has taken a post at the main entrance.
 

FourMonos

First Post
"Friends, maybe would should adjourn to a nearby establishment to discuss our next move? The ever subtle "In-the-front-door-and-throw-your-weight-around-Maneuver" didn't go off so well."

Nyar looks for a tavern to have a seat for a bit. His left leg is acting up again.

"Would those of you with better night vision than myself mind keeping an eye out for anyone who might try to track or follow us?"

As he walks down the street from the Key Sip, he tries to take in some details of the building. How many levels? Anything surrounding the building? Other shops or establishments? Are there any other entrances or allies that would allow access from a different location?
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top