Adv: Rhapsody; Judge: renau1g

Zissou

First Post
Daegaul gets lost in a dark leather bound book. Scrawling pencil drawings on the empty parchment papers that are bleached an unnatural white. He tries to capture the essence of passerby's with quick gesture depictions. A few lines to resemble the tavern that the group just left.

An electric wind catches Daegaul's attention. Distinctive in the way I know it must be Dalvach. He lifts his head from the brim of the book to look for his comrades. "Gah... separated from the group." Daegual says to no one while he starts to head for the direction the mental message translated from.

Daegaul mutters at a middle-aged man walking the opposite direction through town. "Have you seen a short mug of a dwarf walk this way? Looks like someone who'd leave a man behind, smells like a family of swamp wrestling leeches?... no, haven't seen him...? says Daegaul to the man in a sarcastic tone, finding humor in the situation since he already knows where Dalvach is.

[sblock=OOC]

Great to see the adventure is up, but it seems like I've lost most of my character information with the changes to the website. Does anyone know if that info can be recovered.

[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar attempts to keep pace with the collection of adventurers making their way down the street. He slides his goggles in place, keeping an eye on the crowd and buildings, watching for anything out of sort.

He attempts to strike up a conversation with his new companion, "Baern, if you don't mind me saying, you've seemed most at ease with an ax in your hand. You mentioned earlier that a change in profession might some day be in your future, despite Tooth and Nail's effectiveness. I don't claim to be the most experienced traveller, but I can say this of my travel's: Someone who is good with a weapon of war will always find his services highly pursued."

[sblock=ministats] posting soon [/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Baern sheepishly chats with Nyar as they walk along.

Aye, I found after the war that I could be a guard. I worked on House Orien's caravan routes through the Reaches. I was well compensated in money... but I lost too many friends, comrades on those routes.

He wrings his hands out then looks at them. Perhaps if I could create instead of destroying...

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Disruptive Strike (adjacent enemy attacks Baern or ally), Unbalancing Parry (enemy misses Baern with melee attack), Battle Awareness (adjacent enemy shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include Baern)
Init: +2 Speed: 5 Perception:22 Insight: 15
AC: 20 NAD:18/14/16
HP: 47/47 Surges: 8/8 Surge Value: 11 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Str:19 Dex:10 Wis:16 Con:15 Int:10 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Hunter's Quarry, Shield of Blades, Twin Strike
Encounter: Disrupting Strike, Off-Hand Strike, Second Wind, Unbalancing Parry, Battle Awareness
Daily: Chainmail of Dwarven Vigor, Jaws of the Wolf, Opportunistic Waraxe

Full Character Sheet [/sblock]

modest

First Post
Humming along his way, and delightfully cheerful that he is on the right path to the 'Sip, Dalvach stops abruptly and looks about his surroundings. Satisfied with where he is, he then tightens up the leather straps holding his cloak up and cinches his beard into his belt. He readjusts his bandolier, spits and then continues on. A quick glance back and a mental fringe probe lets him know that his companions are not far behind.

[sblock=Check] Perception check please! [/sblock]
[sblock=Check]
1d20+7 → [10,7] = (17) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2498086/ aww crap.[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
It doesn't take long for the group to reconnect down in Torchfire. Torchfire is quite the spectacle in and of itself. Theatre's line many streets both open and closed. On the larger streets and bridges vendors walk around, pushing carts selling trinkets, and things to eat. The smell of roast rock crawler drifts through the air tempting passers by.

Many entertainers crowd the streets as well, looking for handouts for their feats of acrobatics, juggling and dance, not to mention those selling more private matters.

You find the Key sip off a smaller street. Its sign is painted clearly, cut of wood resembling a goblet. A small window shows many potions and ointments. Inside you see a small shop, with one or two patrons browsing. There is a curtain leading to what you would assume is a backroom. A young girl mans the counter. You hear a crowd scream somewhere near by. A theatre likely showing some kind of bloodsport.

[sblock=ooc]At this point, I'm not sure if it's possible to get information from the old wiki. You might want to post in the ooc discussion thread for assistance.[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
He wrings his hands out then looks at them. Perhaps if I could create instead of destroying...

... but I lost too many friends, comrades on those routes.

A shadow passes of Nyar's face at Bearn's words. He lets the words linger a moment as they walk.

"Aye, friend, I too wished to seek to create something... special, and I thought I had found that thing. Then I lost her..."

Nyar spots Dalvach up ahead waiting. "Oye Dalvach, you move fast for such short legs. The rest of us didn't think we would catch you."

As the companions gather near in Torchfire, "So do we all go in together, do a little looking about? Should we split up and go in separate in small groups? If there are any employees or guards, who should try to 'obtain' a little information?"

Upon entering the Key Sip, Nyar does a rapid stock of the items available in the store, making special note of any materials used in various rituals and alchemical recipes.

[sblock=arcana] I can't get Invisible Castle to post, I rolled a 7 plus 12 = 19. [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Init: +5 Speed: 6 Perception:13 Insight: 18
AC: 17 NAD: F: 13 R:18 W:16 (+2 vs. Illusion Attacks/Perception)
HP: 33/33 Surges: 6/6 Surge Value: 8 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:8 Dex:16 Wis:12 Con:11 Int:20 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Magic Missle, Storm Pillar, Scorching Burst
Encounter: Empowering Lightning, Pinioning Vortex, Second Wind, Wand of Accuracy, Otherworldly Lore
Daily: Bracers of Escape, Sleep [/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
Baern quietly looks around the shop trying to remain unobtrusive and alert.

[sblock=actions] Bluff 1d20-1=18 Perception 1d20+12=19
Ah, the d20 system...
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Disruptive Strike (adjacent enemy attacks Baern or ally), Unbalancing Parry (enemy misses Baern with melee attack), Battle Awareness (adjacent enemy shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include Baern)
Init: +2 Speed: 5 Perception:22 Insight: 15
AC: 20 NAD:18/14/16
HP: 47/47 Surges: 8/8 Surge Value: 11 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Str:19 Dex:10 Wis:16 Con:15 Int:10 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Hunter's Quarry, Shield of Blades, Twin Strike
Encounter: Disrupting Strike, Off-Hand Strike, Second Wind, Unbalancing Parry, Battle Awareness
Daily: Chainmail of Dwarven Vigor, Jaws of the Wolf, Opportunistic Waraxe

Full Character Sheet [/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
You enter the shop and look around. The place seems full of odds and ends. Much of it, you wouldn't be sure what to do with. There are jars of odd animal parts, many dried leaves and other herbs. One shelf is filled with powders for stage actors. Another, potions and oinments for common ailments. There's even some exotic teas.

You don't even see any traditional healing potions.

The girl at the front smiles but does not intrude simply stating. "Let me know if you need any assistance." She seems nice.

Remove ads