Adv: Rhapsody; Judge: renau1g

Zissou

First Post
After catching up to the group and sharing a few words, Daegaul approaches the nice girl at the counter. "What the hell are we doing here again?... Daegaul lifts an eyebrow and locks eyes with the woman behind the counter. "Excuse me, do you have anything to drink?." Leaning in closer, Daegaul compliments the young woman and asks "What's your name?"

[sblock=Check] I would like to roll Diplomacy to learn more about this woman and hopefully find out a few things.
1d20+13 → [7,13] = (20) Insight http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2501750/[/sblock]

modest

First Post
After assuring himself that walking into a previously unvisited and unknown location without a weapon in-hand is an acceptable means of good 'diplomacy', Dalvach follows Daegaul into the shop. Dalvach sees that Baern has already put himself in a 'non-threatening' position, if the bearer of those axes could ever be referred to as 'non-threatening'. As Dalvach walks by the various bits and bobs scattered over tables and shelves, he stops and says a few quick words to Nyar. "Watch the door please, mage..I have a bad feeling about this one." Small, prickly shivers run up Dalvach's spine and make the hair on his shoulders stand on end. His hat is pulled low over one eye, and as he approaches the counter he lifts it off his head and gives a quick, furtive bow before placing it back on his head. His demeanor is clearly all business. "Daegaul, you and I both know this one is taken. Look at her hand. Now, please do me a favor and find me some Svenfylking root while I have a word with this young madame." Dalvach rubs the spot under his eye-patch and gives a big, toothy grin to the woman behind the counter. "Good day to you miss. I'm not going to insult your intelligence by telling you we're here for just medical supplies. You know who we are and why we're here. Of course, it is not every day that you are confronted with a group such as us." Dalvach then presents a small, beaten amulet with the symbol of the house Jorasco upon it. "I believe this isn't the first time you've seen this before either. Now please, since I have been so kind as to not insult your intelligence, please do the same for me and answer me what I need to know." Dalvach frowns and purses his lips, projecting a small wave of fear at the woman that feels like nails being scraped on the back of her skull. "We have come here under the suspicion that you have 'interfered' with the duties of some fellow house Jorasco members. I implore you to speak plainly, and with truth in your heart. We do not wish to stay long. Now, where are you keeping them my good woman?"

[sblock=Check] I am going to call this a diplomacy check..but if you feel it's more 'intimidation' I understand. He is an investigator after all..
1d20+6 → [12,6] = (18) Roll Lookup [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Ardent Mantle: Mantle of Clarity. Allies within 5 get +3 to all defenses against opportunity attacks. +2 to Perception and Insight checks.
Init: +3 Speed: 5 Perception:17 Insight: 22
AC: 21 NAD:16/13/17
HP: 43/43 Surges: 10/10 Surge Value: 10 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Str:10 Dex:12 Wis:16 Con:16 Int:8 Cha:18

Powers:
At-Will: Ire Strike, Prescient Strike, Energizing Strike
Encounter: Fey Strike Craghammer
Daily: Chainmail of Dwarven Vigor, Endure Pain, Wormhole Plunge, Targeting Repeating Crossbow
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Veruza lightly places a hand to her head, Here we go again, never any subtlety with these guys... she says in a whisper, backing up a few paces, gauging reactions.

Waving her hand at the poultices and tea leaves, Veruza lilts to the girl, Lovely stock you have, wherever did your associates find all these wonders? She pauses after asking, and continues as if the question was rhetorical, Do you mind if we accompany you to see the manager?

[sblock=OOC]

diplomacy 12

Link to Veruza's Sheet

Do a google search, for your characters name and "leb", click the "cache" link below the regular link. I plan to switch my CS over to the Google Doc soon. Soon by PbP standards... I've got finals this week, and will be heavy studying instead of anything fun...

In fact, I'll only be semi-regular posting until after August, and then things go back to daily posting.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Zissou, I can't make rolls for you because I don't know what your stats are. You can feel free to roll your won diplomacy.

modest, I think thats fine diplomacy. No clear threat of violence and I read as calm, if blunt.[/sblock]

The girl smiles, if a bit confused at the back and forth style of questioning. "My name is Kelly and the manager is not in. Though if you are looking for him I'd be happy to take a message. Other than that I'm afraid I don't what you're talking about. Normally I'd have guessed a group like you is looking for healing potions and antivenom, but if you're with Jorasco I don't thats the case."

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar stands near the entrance to the shop, watching the interactions of his friends with the lass behind the counter. He pretends to be deciding between "Ten Day Frog" or "Stinking Mire" brands of tadpole pumice.

He attempts to gauge the young ladies response to his companions questions. Nyar rolls his eyes a bit at the House Jorasco symbol that Dalvach produces.

"Subtle as always old friend," Nyar grins and mumbles to himself.

[sblock=Insight] 1d20+7 → [3,7] = (10)
Roll Lookup [/sblock]

Try as he might, he is too far away to fully see her expressions.

Nyar ponders the curtain at the back of the room. He tries (well, a little) to resist the urge.

Curiosity turned the mage's hat into a cat and all that....

With his hand at his side, behind the shelf, Nyar effortlessly produces a Mage Hand near the curtain. He grabs the curtain and rolls the hand slightly as to be concealed by the fabric and slowly pulls the curtain back....

[sblock=ministats]
Init: +5 Speed: 6 Perception:13 Insight: 18
AC: 17 NAD: F: 13 R:18 W:16 (+2 vs. Illusion Attacks/Perception)
HP: 33/33 Surges: 6/6 Surge Value: 8 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:8 Dex:16 Wis:12 Con:11 Int:20 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Magic Missle, Storm Pillar, Scorching Burst
Encounter: Empowering Lightning, Pinioning Vortex, Second Wind, Wand of Accuracy, Otherworldly Lore
Daily: Bracers of Escape, Sleep [/sblock]

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
Kelly, if you don't know anything, and you don't own this place? How about a guided tour? Veruza swishes closer to the girl, and speaks into her mind, We pay you for the whole guided tour, including your break.

The Kalashtar smiles while examining some salve or another, glancing at the girl, How much for this healing salve?

[sblock=OOC]

20 diplomacy with Kelly for a "guided tour", and then private time to search the place.

[/sblock]

modest

First Post
Nyar ponders the curtain at the back of the room. He tries (well, a little) to resist the urge.

Curiosity turned the mage's hat into a cat and all that....

With his hand at his side, behind the shelf, Nyar effortlessly produces a Mage Hand near the curtain. He grabs the curtain and rolls the hand slightly as to be concealed by the fabric and slowly pulls the curtain back....

Dalvach smiles jovially and places his small house pendant back into his cloak. "Acch, well then where has your manager gone off to? If you don't mind I'll just take a look around and we'll be off. Oye, 'Yoos, would you do the honors and lead us into the back of the shop there? It seems as if our welcome has been planned." Dalvach sends a pleased, thankful wave of emotion in Nyar's direction.

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Ardent Mantle: Mantle of Clarity. Allies within 5 get +3 to all defenses against opportunity attacks. +2 to Perception and Insight checks.
Init: +3 Speed: 5 Perception:17 Insight: 22
AC: 21 NAD:16/13/17
HP: 43/43 Surges: 10/10 Surge Value: 10 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Str:10 Dex:12 Wis:16 Con:16 Int:8 Cha:18

Powers:
At-Will: Ire Strike, Prescient Strike, Energizing Strike
Encounter: Fey Strike Craghammer
Daily: Chainmail of Dwarven Vigor, Endure Pain, Wormhole Plunge, Targeting Repeating Crossbow
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
As the mage pulls back the curtain it reveals a small hallway. You can see one c closed door, but there is clearly more to the hall out of site. It also reveals a human guard, wearing scale who was sitting on a chair, against the wall. He stands up immediately and step forward to fill the doorway. He does not raise his crossbow, but its loaded and rests in his hand. A longsword is sheathed at his hip.

"The salve is seven silver." The girl replies, eerily polite. "I'm afraid the backroom is not open to the public."

FourMonos

First Post
"This situation is starting to border on paranormal," Nyar thinks to himself.

He slowly pulls his wand out of his traveling cloak as he steps laterally toward the girl at the desk, Kelly, to get a better look. "I've seen mind altering behavior that ranges from a simple charm person to the controlled chattel of the mind flayers and the fanatacism of cultists. I need a closer look to detemine if something is altering this lady's behavior."

[sblock=rolls] Arcana: 1d20+12 → [8,12] = (20) Roll Lookup Dungeoneering: 1d20+7 → [10,7] = (17) Roll Lookup Religion: 1d20+12 → [10,12] = (22) Roll Lookup [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc] Man is everyone studying for finals or what? I'm waiting for someone with some charisma to post. :) Does the pulling the wand count as readying myself in case combat starts Scorpius? [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Init: +5 Speed: 6 Perception:13 Insight: 18
AC: 17 NAD: F: 13 R:18 W:16 (+2 vs. Illusion Attacks/Perception)
HP: 33/33 Surges: 6/6 Surge Value: 8 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:8 Dex:16 Wis:12 Con:11 Int:20 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Magic Missle, Storm Pillar, Scorching Burst
Encounter: Empowering Lightning, Pinioning Vortex, Second Wind, Wand of Accuracy, Otherworldly Lore
Daily: Bracers of Escape, Sleep [/sblock]

Remove ads