[Adventrue] Lord Ogglebottoms Odd Tasks II: The Mysterious Imlach Island

Ozymandias79

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
OK, guys, if this aren't your type of skill challenge then aid Zharne on his nature checks, I got +12 on it so if you fail I don't mind a -1 on those checks(although Zharne might ;))

DM:can I use nature every round?

Oh, and also Zharne is an elf and that means every non-elf within 5 squares of Z get +1 on their perception rolls so Gellans perception check above is one higher
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Martelai feels quite out of his element. He was supposed to be the voice of culture in this group and expert on the arcane and now he finds himself dragging himself through wilderness on behalf of some savages.

Still, Leonard needs protection and he will do what he must. Unfortunately, his experience with Bacarta docks did little to prepare him for this and his advice on what is dangerous and what not doesn't help.

Perception aid (1d20+2=6)

Tomalak

First Post
[sblock=Dan]I'd like to use Healing Word on Messar at the end of the last encounter. If it's too late to do that, I'll use one from the next encounter.[/sblock]
Holding his robe up at the knees so that the hem tesn't tangle in the brush, Minharath keeps one eye on Leonard while staying close to Zharne. Having lived in a city all his life, all this 'wilderness' looks the same to him, so he passes the time quietly asking the druid about the things they pass.
[sblock=actions]Nature to assist Zharne.[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Hey guys, I just wanted to apologize for my lack of updating - Real Life has been kicking the crap out of me so far this week. Hopefully I can get back on track.
[/sblock]

Gellan keeps a close eye on the trail of the creatures, noting where the underbrush has been bent and broken in their wake. (Success)

Gloom follow the others. The mosquitoes, the humidity, the still dirty water doesn't seems to affect him even if his heavy armor is not made to travel in such place. Lauto doesn't seems to in an hurry to claim his soul, which is no news for Gloom. (Success)

Martelai feels quite out of his element. He was supposed to be the voice of culture in this group and expert on the arcane and now he finds himself dragging himself through wilderness on behalf of some savages.

Still, Leonard needs protection and he will do what he must. Unfortunately, his experience with Bacarta docks did little to prepare him for this and his advice on what is dangerous and what not doesn't help. (Failure to aid another; next perception check receives a -1 modifier)

Thorn keeps close to Zharne, watching how the elf moves. Thorn's shifter senses are finely tuned with the swampy forest. (Success, even with the -1 modifier from Martelai)

Holding his robe up at the knees so that the hem doesn't tangle in the brush, Minharath keeps one eye on Leonard while staying close to Zharne. Having lived in a city all his life, all this 'wilderness' looks the same to him, so he passes the time quietly asking the druid about the things they pass.

Zharne easily guides the party through the wilderness while chatting with Minharath about the flora. (Success)

You are easily following the Kruithk tracks through the swamp and trees. The tracks seem to be joining up with other trails and seem to be now more condensed and heading in a more unified direction.

[sblock=Skill Challenge Update]

Successes: 5/8
Failures: 0/3

Primary Skills: Perception, Nature & Endurance; DC 15

Endurance: At least one characters in the party must make an Endurance check each turn to resist the debilitating effects of wandering in the wilderness and dealing with exposure to the elements. A failed check indicates that all members of the party lose one healing surge, in addition to counting as a failure for the challenge.

Nature:
At least one character in the party must make a Nature check each turn to help the group find its way through the wilderness, avoid natural hazards.

Perception
: You have kept your eyes on the tracks and are on the right track.

Secondary skills: Any IF they can be explained convincingly (DC 15-20 depending on the skill and description). If you are aiding using the same skill (ie: both you and the player you are aiding are using perception) then the DC is 12.

Remember Successfully aiding gives a +2 and a failure gives a -1 penalty.

All player characters must make a check each turn.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Player Status]

Good Guys
Gellan – HP: 33/33; HS: 7/9; AP: 0 <= Used Swift Panther Rage

Gloom – HP: 39/39; HS: 9/11; AP 1

Martelai – HP: 38/38; HS: 7/9; AP 0

Minharath – HP: 24/29; HS: 8/8; AP 1 <= Used Beacon of Hope

Thorn – HP: 30/35; HS: 10/11; AP 1

Zharne – HP: 34/36; HS: 8/9; AP 1

Leonard - HP: 20/20; HS: 1/1

Messar - HP:15/20;

[/sblock]
[sblock=Tomalak]
I'll allow you the healing word for Messar, but be aware that he does not have any healing surges left (didn't have any to start with but whatever). Also be aware that Leonard only has 1 healing surge, so keep an eye on that.
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Gloom seems to spot something and inform Zharne of it, but after a moment, a doubt is raised in his head but decide to just ignore it. Those swamp are really not the same kind of environment he used to live in it with his tribe.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Aid Another with Nature (1d20+5=8) Sorry, -1 to next Nature ceck.[/SBLOCK]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Martelai focuses his senses on the flow of magic in the area. Assumption being of course that the beasts took some people through here and that at least some had some magical item or power that would leave some trace. Better even if the beasts are controlled somehow and their master is an arcane creature.

Still his senses are not directional enough to really help the trackers. The traces are faint and the magic his group is carrying too strong

Arcana aid another(1d20+10=12)

RedBeardJim

First Post
Gellan spots something familiar and holds up a quick hand. "'Ware this plant, all. The leaves bear small thorns, which can cause a rash if they touch the skin."

[sblock=ooc]Nature skill check (with -1 from Gloom's failed Aid Another): 1d20+6=22
[/sblock]

Remove ads