[Adventrue] Lord Ogglebottoms Odd Tasks II: The Mysterious Imlach Island

Ozymandias79

First Post
OOC: could Thorn instead make an endurance check? since Gloom didn't roll on that skill, as we others ain't that good at it and Thorn is the best in the group on that skill

Banesfinger

Explorer
OOC: could Thorn instead make an endurance check? since Gloom didn't roll on that skill, as we others ain't that good at it and Thorn is the best in the group on that skill

If the DM allows the change - I'm fine with it. Thorn's Endurance is +10, so my skill check result would be the same.

DMDanW

First Post
Gloom seems to spot something and inform Zharne of it, but after a moment, a doubt is raised in his head but decide to just ignore it. Those swamp are really not the same kind of environment he used to live in it with his tribe. (Failed Aid Another, -1 to next Nature Check)

Even with Glooms help, Gellan spots something familiar and holds up a quick hand. "'Ware this plant, all. The leaves bear small thorns, which can cause a rash if they touch the skin." (Successful Nature check, even with the -1 penalty)

Martelai focuses his senses on the flow of magic in the area. Assumption being of course that the beasts took some people through here and that at least some had some magical item or power that would leave some trace. Better even if the beasts are controlled somehow and their master is an arcane creature. Still his senses are not directional enough to really help the trackers. The traces are faint and the magic his group is carrying too strong.
(Failed Aid Another, -1 to next Skill Check)

Thorn continues to scout along the swampy trail, keeping the group away from the hazards of the swamp. (Successful Endurance check, even with the -1 penalty)

[sblock=Skill Challenge Update]

Successes: 7/8
Failures: 0/3

Zharne and Minharath still need to go for this round.

Primary Skills: Perception, Nature & Endurance; DC 15

Endurance: At least one characters in the party must make an Endurance check each turn to resist the debilitating effects of wandering in the wilderness and dealing with exposure to the elements. A failed check indicates that all members of the party lose one healing surge, in addition to counting as a failure for the challenge.

Nature:
At least one character in the party must make a Nature check each turn to help the group find its way through the wilderness, avoid natural hazards.

Perception
: You have kept your eyes on the tracks and are on the right track.

Secondary skills: Any IF they can be explained convincingly (DC 15-20 depending on the skill and description). If you are aiding using the same skill (ie: both you and the player you are aiding are using perception) then the DC is 12.

Remember Successfully aiding gives a +2 and a failure gives a -1 penalty.

All player characters must make a check each turn.
[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
Gloom - Zharne and Minharath still need to go for the current round, so your failure may not be noticed if either of them succeed. I'll give them a day to post, and if not then I'll bump it to the next round and take your action.

DMDanW

First Post
As Gellan is pointing out the thorny plant Gloom begins to head over to a cave in the side of a steep hillside. "Hey, I think I've found the hive, just over there" he calls out to the others. Zharne quickly studies the opening and nods in agreement, as the opening is clearly not a natural cavern. As the group approaches you can all clearly hear the distinctive chittering sound of the Kruthik.

[sblock=OOC]
Congrats on completing the skill challenge. I clearly need to improve the skill challenges I throw at you guys as you all seem to breeze through them quite easily.
As you may guess from the above post, you have found the (a?) entrance to the Kruthik hive. I will try and get a map up this weekend hopefully and then the 'fun' can begin....
[/sblock]

Remove ads