[Adventrue] Lord Ogglebottoms Odd Tasks II: The Mysterious Imlach Island

RedBeardJim

First Post
"Underground they have all the advantage," notes Gellan as he cleans his weapons. "Unless we know that the uncle was taken there, I think it best to stay above ground."

[sblock=ooc]Gellan will also spend two healing surges to come up to full HP.[/sblock]
[sblock="Mini stat"]Gellan Bonesaw - Level 2 Halfling Barbarian
Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Initiative: +4 Senses: Normal
AC: 19, Fortitude: 17, Reflex: 15, Will: 12 -- Speed: 6, Size: Small
HP: 33/33, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges left 7/9
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Pressing Strike, Whirling Rend
Second Chance, Whirling Lunge, Hunter's Quarry
Combat Sprint, Whirling Frenzy

Swift Panther Rage[/sblock]

Tomalak

First Post
[sblock=Short Rests]Dan, I cannot for my life, recall your stance on between-encounter healing. Minharath is willing to use any healing available between fights, if it will not preclude him from using it in the next encounter.[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
You can use healing in a short rest (5 minutes) and then take another short rest (5 more minutes) to get those healing powers back. basically just a longer short rest and you can blow all your encounter healing powers. Of course if you use any of those powers in the last encounter you'd need to take a short rest to gain them back, then use them in a second short rest and then take the third short rest to get them back again.

Did I make that confusing enough for you?

Last edited:

Tomalak

First Post
I had no trouble reading it. I think it's counter to the intent of the game the way it was written, but I understand it. I shall then save my magical healing for in-encounter, because I cannot guarantee we will have time to regain it.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]
I had no trouble reading it. I think it's counter to the intent of the game the way it was written, but I understand it. I shall then save my magical healing for in-encounter, because I cannot guarantee we will have time to regain it.

I have always worked the same way with my healers. After an encounter, I spend all my unused encounter healing powers then do my short rest. I do multiple short rest only when I have obviously the time for it, for example, while the wizard his doing his 10 minutes ritual.[/SBLOCK]

DMDanW

First Post
Zharne examines the carcasses and then begins searching for tracks. Although it appears that the creatures can travel underground with relative ease, you find numerous tracks above ground as well. The tracks from these kruthik seem to all lead back in the same general direction.

[sblock=Skill Challenge Time!]
OK so now it's time to follow these tracks back to, well wherever they came from.

I'll count Zharne's nature check as a success, so 1 down, 7 more to go.

All other characters need to go for the first round of the challenge.

Successes: 1/8
Failures: 0/3

Primary Skills: Perception, Nature & Endurance; DC 15

Endurance: At least one characters in the party must make an Endurance check each turn to resist the debilitating effects of wandering in the wilderness and dealing with exposure to the elements. A failed check indicates that all members of the party lose one healing surge, in addition to counting as a failure for the challenge.

Nature:
At least one character in the party must make a Nature check each turn to help the group find its way through the wilderness, avoid natural hazards.

Perception
: You have kept your eyes on the tracks and are on the right track.

Secondary skills: Any IF they can be explained convincingly (DC 15-20 depending on the skill and description). If you are aiding using the same skill (ie: both you and the player you are aiding are using perception) then the DC is 12.

Remember Successfully aiding gives a +2 and a failure gives a -1 penalty.

All player characters must make a check each turn.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Good Guys
Gellan – HP: 33/33; HS: 7/9; AP: 0 <= Used Swift Panther Rage

Gloom – HP: 39/39; HS: 9/11; AP 1

Martelai – HP: 38/38; HS: 7/9; AP 0

Minharath – HP: 24/29; HS: 8/8; AP 1 <= Used Beacon of Hope

Thorn – HP: 30/35; HS: 10/11; AP 1

Zharne – HP: 34/36; HS: 8/9; AP 1

Leonard - HP: 20/20; HS: 1/1

Messar - HP:10/20; <= Bloodied

[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Gloom follow the others. The mosquitoes, the humidity, the still dirty water doesn't seems to affect him even if his heavy armor is not made to travel in such place. Lauto doesn't seems to in an hurry to claim his soul, which is no news for Gloom.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Endurence (1d20+7=16)[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads