• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventrue] Lord Ogglebottoms Odd Tasks II: The Mysterious Imlach Island

RedBeardJim

First Post
Gellan looks around wildly as the adult enemies disappear below the ground. "Damn it, I forgot about this -- they can come up again anywhere, everyone be alert!" He catches his breath and calms himself, extending his awareness in readiness for an attack.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Walk to E-3.
Standard: Use Second Wind. Spend a healing surge, gaining 8 hitpoints and +2 to each defense until start of next turn.[/sblock]
[sblock="Mini stat"]Gellan Bonesaw - Level 2 Halfling Barbarian
Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Initiative: +4 Senses: Normal
AC: 19 (21), Fortitude: 17 (19), Reflex: 15 (17), Will: 12 (14) -- Speed: 6, Size: Small
HP: 27/33, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges left 8/9
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used
Powers -
Pressing Strike, Whirling Rend
Second Chance, Whirling Lunge, Hunter's Quarry
Combat Sprint, Whirling Frenzy

Swift Panther Rage[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
Ooops my mistake again....

Everyone - Adult 2 did not burrow - that was a mistake on the map (OK so I do make that occasional mistake on the map, please forgive me.)

Tomalak - Messar's hit points are correct. You healed him for 5, taking him up to 15. Then at the start of his turn he took 5 poison damage, taking him back to 10 and then he failed his saving throw as well.

Banesfinger - Yes that was a mistake on my part, the attack was supposed to be against you - a miss anyway with a roll of 16 vs AC.

Neurotic - Yes both adults are cursed, a mistake on the status but correct on the map. Martelai is now in the correct position.

Velmont - You can keep your action if you want or parts of it (including the rolls) and change your move and standard if you like, in light of the fact that Adult 2 did not burrow away.

Here is a new map - everyone can now have their turns over if you'd like.

[sblock=Map]
attachment.php

[/sblock]

Attachments

• E1-9.jpg
    E1-9.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 185

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Martelai blasts the adult remaining above the surface, his eldritch bolt unerringly weaving between his friends and striking the adult directly in chest.

"Leonard, come closer in case it attacks you. You're too isolated. Messar, pull back!"

[sblock=Actions]
Move: E2
Standard: Eldritch blast; damage; curse vs Adult 2 ref (1d20+6+6=23, 1d10+5=15, 1d6=6) - max damage! :) (extra +6 is from 3 deaths of cursed enemies (young 3 wasn't cursed so bonus should be +4, still hits)
[/sblock]

Leonard shifts toward Martelai and Messar and tenses to avoid potential bite from the adult bug.

OOC: ready deft strike to shift avoiding potential attack on himself and attack. Will attack whenever and wherever adult appears.

[sblock=Leonard Ogglebottom, Human rogue level 1]
Hit Points:20, Surge Value:5, Surges per day:1
AC:16, Fort: 12, Reflex: 17, Will: 13
Skills: Thievery +9, Stealth +9

Class Features:
First Strike = at the start of the encounter you have combat advantage against any creature that has not acted yet.
Sneak attack = deal +2d6 damage against creatures you have combat advantage against.

Powers:
At Will = Deft Strike; melee or ranged 5/10; +8 vs AC, 1d4+4 damage. Can shift 2 squares before the attack.
Encounter = Shadow Strike; melee or ranged 5/10; +8 vs AC, 1d4+4 damage. If you are hidden when you make the attack make a stealth check to remain hidden after the attack.
Daily = Trick Strike; melee or ranged 5/10; +8 vs AC, 3d4+4 damage & you slide the target 1 square. Effect: Until the end of the encounter each time you hit you can slide the target 1 square.

Equipment:
Leather Armor
10 Daggers
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I keep my action as is. Anyway, the other Adult is out of reach while I am under the slowed effect.[/SBLOCK]

Banesfinger

Explorer
In the cloud of dirt and mud, Thorn thought his foe had burrowed ( ;) ). But after the creature's pincers lashed out at him, Thorn steps back and jabs at the insect.

[sblock=OOC]
Move Action: 5-foot slide to D4.
Standard Action: Reaping Strike against Adult-2 with the longspear's reach. I'll re-use the same rolls I made in my previous post: 16 vs AC to hit and 10 damage. If that is a miss, Reaping Strike causes 4 damage.
Free: continue to Combat Challenge Adult-2.
[/sblock]

RedBeardJim

First Post
Gellan sheaths one tan'gat and takes a firm hold on his remaining weapon, dealing a heavy blow to the chittering beast before dodging out of reach of its claws.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Stow off-hand weapon, free action to wield remaining weapon in both hands
Standard: Attack Adult 2 with Pressing Strike; hits AC 22 for 14 damage.
Move: Shift to B-5.
DMDanW, Gellan is down to 17 hp after taking 2 at the beginning of the round.[/sblock]
[sblock="Mini stat"]Gellan Bonesaw - Level 2 Halfling Barbarian
Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Initiative: +4 Senses: Normal
AC: 19, Fortitude: 17, Reflex: 15, Will: 12 -- Speed: 6, Size: Small
HP: 17/33, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges left 9/9
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Pressing Strike, Whirling Rend
Second Chance, Whirling Lunge, Hunter's Quarry
Combat Sprint, Whirling Frenzy

Swift Panther Rage[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
Martelai blasts the adult Kruthik with an arcane blast just as Thorn tries to stab it with his spear. The blast hits true but causes the spear to miss its mark, yet it still scores a slight hit on the creatures foreleg. As the creature is distracted by its wounded leg Gellan drives his tan'gat into the back of the creatures skull, removing its head in the process.

Silence falls over the battlefield as you all anticipate the return of the other Kruthik. As the moments pass you realize that the other creature has fled and that this battle is indeed over.

Leonard clutches his dagger still, knuckles white and a definite look of fear upon his face. His gaze moves from the beheaded Kruthik near him over to the gory mess in the center of the clearing. He rushes over to the bloodsoaked ground, sifting through the bits of flesh and bone, obviously looking for something.

Messar simply slumps to the grass below him, slowly removing the bony spike the kruthik had embedded in his chest. He examines his wound and begins to dress it and prevent further bleeding and possible infection.

[sblock=Insight Check 15+]
It is clear that Leonard is scared and may think that the kruthiks latest meal was his uncle.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Nature Check 15+]
The remains in the center of the clearing is that of a large swamp lizard, a crocodile perhaps butit is hard to tell.
[/sblock]

[sblock=End of Combat Status]

Good Guys
Gellan – HP: 17/33; HS: 9/9; AP: 0 <= Used Swift Panther Rage

Gloom – HP: 20/39; HS: 11/11; AP 1

Martelai – HP: 23/38; HS: 9/9; AP 0

Minharath – HP: 24/29; HS: 8/8; AP 1 <= Used Beacon of Hope

Thorn – HP: 30/35; HS: 10/11; AP 1

Zharne – HP: 34/36; HS: 8/9; AP 1

Leonard - HP: 20/20; HS: 1/1

Messar - HP:10/20; <= Bloodied

[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
After a few instant Gloom starts to relax. "That's all? Zharne, is there a way to follow the one who escaped?"

[SBLOCK=OOC]Time for a short rest probably. If it is, Gloom will spend 2 HS to be full, unless Minarath want to spend some of his healing power on Gloom.[/SBLOCK]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Martelai shrugs, carefuly goes to the adult corpse and then compares the rod he uses with blade-legs of the creature. He repeats the action with little ones and visibly relaxes as he sees they don't match.

"These are unpleasant, dangerous animals, but luckily that's all they are. Let's try to track back by their tracks on the surface. After we take a breather, of course."

Remove ads