[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

jbear

First Post
The smirk upon the verbeeg's face seems to die. "You are a clever little half-blood aren't you. Perhaps Ragnar did send you after all. All right, I will abide by your conditions. Orlando stays out of the fight and no one will die. And when I win Orlando submits to my will ... completely. I will stay his execution until we stand before Ragnar..." At this point he spits. "But ... he must say that he submits to these conditions even though they mean his death. And upon our return you must swear to prevent his escape or to defend against any interference from ... other fey factions. Swear it upon something I will believe and I will also swear it so."

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Sabynha turns to Orlando and speaks softly, "Please, swear as he asks. Even if we lose, you will be spared this way. Ragnar now sees the light and will not let you come to harm."

She pauses for a moment and then leans in closer to him to whisper, "I do not trust him. If he breaks his word, do not hesitate to fight back."

OOC: Does my character have any idea what to swear on that this verbeeg would believe? Knowledge check? Bluff?

jbear

First Post
Orlando nods at Sabynha's words. "I swear it. On Juliana's life I swear it." It is not entirely clear who he is talking to, Sabynha or the verbeeg.

Neil1889

First Post
Rain looks at their charge in horror; given what she'd read, she was still surprised that he'd make such an oath. She struggles to keep her composure whilst the debate goes on.

jbear

First Post
GM: Bluff if your intent is not to uphold the oath you make. Otherwise I will just have him respond in one way or the other depending on how each of you RPs it and what I actually know of your PCs and what is important to them.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Sabynha thought for a moment, then replied in a clear voice, "I will swear it on my freedom. If I break my word, I am yours to do with as you will, though I would sooner die."

Son of Meepo

First Post
Wat thought for a moment. What would he swear on? What did he have to lose and what did he cherish?

"It wouldn't do any good to swear an oath upon Joven. If you've studied anything of the history of the gods you'd know that they are routinely oathbreakers. I don't even know my mother, and my father was more high priest than parent, thus back to my original problem. The only people that matter to me are among us, and you intend to do them harm. So I'm afraid there is nothing to swear on. You'll just have to take my word for it."

The gem atop Wat's staff begins to glow and a warm summer wind whips through the open doors and around the temple. The power of storm beckoning to the priest's call.

Mewness

First Post
A sudden, loud blast from a horn echoes through the palace, followed by a rapid tik-tik-tik from the clawed feet of some sort of animal running up the steps.

A large black wolf with malevolent green eyes bounds into the room. Standing on its back, almost hidden by its thick fur, is a very tiny winged man wearing fanciful livery: the colors are recognizable as those worn by Ragnar, but the style is buffoonish, with extremely puffy pants and sleeves and long curls on the ends of the shoes. The man himself is rather drab for a pixie, with plain grayish-brown wings, like those of a moth, and brown hair. He hops off the wolf’s back, his wings taking him aloft; the wolf turns its head and snaps at him.

Sit! shouts the pixie at the wolf, which responds only with a low growl. To the rest of the group, he declares, “Sir Flibbertigibbet, knight in the service of the Great and Noble Lord Ragnar, at your service! The young man must be spared!” He flutters over to hover near Sabynha, then notices Basal’s expression. “What do you do here?” he asks Basal in an angry tone. “You have the look of one who has sworn a foolish oath, only to find even greater satisfaction in keeping to his agreement once he knows it to be stupid.” He turns to the others. “What has he said to you?”

[sblock=Sir Flibbertigibbet]Sir Flibbertigibbet
Male Pixie Hexblade 3
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 11, Senses: Low-Light Vision
AC:19 (--), Fort:15 (--), Reflex:16 (--), Will:17 (--)
HP:37/37, Bloodied:18, Surge Value:9, Surges left:8/8
Action Points: 1
:bmelee: Icy Skewer +9 vs. AC, 1d10+9 cold damage and Sir Flibbertigibbet gets a +2 power bonus to all defenses against the target’s attacks until EoNT.
:branged: Eldritch Bolt +6 vs. Reflex, 1d10+9 force damage, range 10
Eldritch Bolt, Icy Skewer, Soul Step
[o] Pixie Dust
[o] Shrink
[o] Piercing Shard
[o] Piercing Shard
[o] Ethereal Stride
[o] Second Wind
[o] Action Point

[o] Armor of Winter’s Grasp
[o] Vanguard Weapon daily

Conditions: none

Full sheet: Sir Flibbertigibbet[/sblock]
[sblock=Daphne]Daphne
Female Fey Wolf (refluffed blink dog) Beast Companion 3
Speed: 7; Passive Perception: 18; Senses: Low-Light Vision
AC:18 (--), Fort:16 (--), Reflex:16 (--), Will:16 (--)
HP:18/18, Bloodied:9
Aura 1: Blinking Pack--Daphne or any ally in the aura can use a move action to teleport to another square in the aura.
:bmelee: Blinking Bite +8 vs. AC, 1d8+1 damage and Daphne teleports up to 2 squares.

Conditions: none
[/sblock]

Neil1889

First Post
Rain was about to give Basal a piece of her mind, but then she is startled again when the wolf-riding pixie suddenly enters.

"Basal would like to do what was once Ragnar's bidding, but hasn't disregarded our claims entirely. Yet, he seeks to manage the situation to be most advantageous and most amusing to himself, perhaps humiliating us the more should he win."

Rain gestures to Sabynha, "My friend has offered that we fight to subdue, which I agree to do; Basal has agreed to this. All have determined that this afflicted young man stays out of the fight. Basal has offered to stay his hand until he stands before Ragnar and we've offered to give him credit due for waiting to act until he stood before Ragnar again; this I agree with and given the opportunity, I'll even praise his prowess before Ragnar. I note that he hasn't actually said he'd wait to listen to Ragnar and give up his quarry if he hears that Ragnar has changed his mind; if Basal tries to manipulate this or even if Ragnar does change his mind, I won't stand idly by. Basal has stipulated that we shouldn't let his quarry escape or be rescued by another fey faction; I'll stand to this until he hears Ragnar's judgement and I won't strike to kill then either, unless it is Soryth or those thought to be of her faction that intervenes."

Rain takes a deep breath before carrying on, "Sabynha has sworn on her freedom. Wat has given his word, citing his religion as a bar to such oaths. The afflicted has sworn on the life of his beloved not to escape, a terrible thing to have done, for I will not let him put his beloved's life at risk until Ragnar's judgement be known and I'm not likely to afterwards. I've said what I'll agree to so far and I'll swear on my own honour to do or try to uphold what I've said."

Remove ads