• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I don't actually know how Shandra is, hehe, but I'll assume she wasn't just killed out of hand.[/sblock]
"I regret that I had not the time to see adequately to her comfort, good lady; pray forgive me," says Sir Flibbertigibbet in response to Rain. "But I daresay she will recover from her ill-use, even if this good fellow here is, ah, unwilling to attend to her injuries in quite the same manner." He looks pointedly in another direction as Sabynha and Wat have their little moment.

jbear

First Post
"She put up a fight..." ventures the verbeeg. "She lives, but she will need time to heal."

Orlando walks forward. "My thanks ... that was incredible. You have my most sincerest gratitude. But seeing such a touching scene stirs my heart painfully. We should hurry. Every moment that passes ..." He heads towards the door, stopping at the crystalware on the table. "I wish I had something to reward you with ... well, no point leaving this here to gather dust! Why don't one of you take it. I am sure it must be worth something at least."

When the adventurers make their way outside, Orlando stops in the garden and turns to regard Wat and Sabynha. He turns and plucks a single rose and gives it to the priest of Joven. "Here ... for your lady, and for mine. May it open the way for you."

GM: The Rose is the 4th and final Key required to open the doorway to the Palace where Soryth is holed up.

For now the adventurers need to return Orland to Ragnar, rest and then go to confront Soryth, now that they have the the Rose, Shamrock, the Mistletoe, and the Oak leaf.

Will post you back to Ragnar when I next get time. Feel free to RP away as you journey back.

Shandra is still unconscious with various broken limbs if you want to include that in your description.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Wat's face becomes flush as Sabynha's lips press against his. He can feel the heat off his skin as he allows the kiss to linger. His arms move under her back to better support her.

Slowly withdrawing with a smile, he allows himself to gaze for a moment into Sabynha's eyes before helping her to her feet.

He walks out the door, keeping a hand on Sabynha, not wanting the sensation of touch to end quite yet. When he spots Shandra, he pauses, her condition suddenly snapping him back to a harsher reality.

"We may not be in fighting condition if Soryth or Kalbon try another ambush. It might be safer for us to use the magic whistle we found to return to Ragnar," Wat reminds the group.

Mewness

First Post
"I know not of this whistle," says Sir Flibbertigibbet. "But I can guide you well enough. And Daphne, indeed, is a most efficient pathfinder--"

"Grrrrr," says the wolf.

"--when she is feeling cooperative--"

"GRRRRRRR," says the wolf.

"--which is to say, almost never," finishes Sir Flibbertigibbet, shooting Daphne a very quick dirty look before composing his features once again into an affable smile for the benefit of his new friends.

jbear

First Post
You cross the lake swiftly and without problems using the two rafts moored at the edge of the island. On the other side Basal proves himself useful, doing the heavy work involved in gather raw materials for a travois swiftly. The group make short work of putting it together and laying Shandra upon it. Basal offers the elf a potion to alleviate her suffering, but the limbs are badly twisted and will need far more powerful healing before they can hold her weight again. The giant offers a second potion to Sabynha. "No hard feelings?" He unsheaths a dagger and hands it to the skald. "That was meant for your prince. It was your words that saved him. You have the curled tongue of a verbeeg. Carry it with pride."

GM: Sabynha receives a Vanguard Shortsword +1 and a healing potion.
The crystalware is worth 100 gp

jbear

First Post
GM: XP Calculations: Chapter 2

Barkburrs
Encounter lvl 2
2 x Bloodthorn Vines: lvl 2 Soldier = 125 x 2 = 250 xp
1 x Bloodvine Horror: lvl 5 Controller = 200 xp
2 x Barkburrs: level 2 Hazard = 125 x 2 = 250 xp
Total XP = 700 xp
Double xp = 1400 xp
1400 / 5 = 280 xp each
(Rain, Zuri, Wat, Sabynha, Shandra)

Treasure Awarded: +1 Farbond Spellblade
(lvl 2; 520 gp for Rain)
5 x Horse's Breath = 75 gp each (Rain, Zuri, Wat, Sabynha, Shandra)
5 x Rider's Water = 30 gp each (Rain, Zuri, Wat, Sabynha, Shandra)

Ariel Attacks
Encounter level 2
1 x Pixie Windmage: lvl 4 controller = 175 xp
4 x Waterspouts: lvl 2 skirmisher = 125 x 4 = 500
Total XP = 675 xp
Double xp = 1350 xp
1350 / 5 = 270 xp each
(Rain, Zuri, Wat, Sabynha, Shandra)
NB: Shandra was NPC'd and did not receive XP for this fight.

Treasure: Fey Insect in Amber (30 gp)

Rain, Zuri, Wat, Sabynha had earned 550 xp each at this point.

Verbeeg Dilemma
Encounter level 4
Basal, verbeeg hunter: Solo skirmisher = 875 xp
875 xp / 5 = 175 xp
Major Quest Complete: Find Orlando = 150 each
Major Bonus Quest Success: Keep Orlando Alive = 150 each
Total XP = 475 xp each (Rain, Zuri, Wat, Sabynha, Sir Flibbertigibbet)
Double XP = 475 x2 = 950 xp each

Total Encounter XP for:
Rain, Zuri, Wat, Sabynha: 550 + 950 = 1500 xp
Please level up to Level 3!

Sir Flibbertigibbet: 950 xp

Treasure Rewards:
+1 Vanguard Shortsword (lvl 3 680 gp for Sabynha)
Healing Potion (50 gp for Sabynha)
Crystal Glassware (100 gp)
Time XP will be calculated at the end as I don't have time atm.

Last edited:

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Sabynha stays close to Wat as they walk back outside. She senses his reluctance to leave her side and feels it just as strongly herself.

When the group comes upon the crumpled form of Shandra, Sabynha stops to ponder what could have been her own fate if Basal had not pulled the true strength from his blows. She wondered if the elf would ever fight again...

The verbeeg's words snap her back to the present.

"You kept your word, and so I accept your gifts. You are a credit to your kind." The vistani graciously accepts the overlarge dagger.

"I shall speak well of you to your master."

Neil1889

First Post
Rain does much of the hard work with Shandra's travois. Zuri helps over the more difficult ground and between them they manage to negotiate the rougher patches of terrain encountered on the trail.

jbear

First Post
The return journey is slowed down by the travois but following the pixie and verbeeg, the ground cover good ground never the less. Twilight descends over Porpherio's Garden again. The full moon begins to rise. On your way to the fey camp, you approach the toadstool ring through which you came to this isle. There, the pale light reveals large groups of fey. On the eastern bank is Uma with her nymphs and pixies. On the other side is Ragnar, satyrs and wilden at his flanks. Farther away, Oakstaff straddles the stream.

"Ill met by moonlight, proud Uma," Ragnar says. "The old knight summons us to speak."
"Speak of what, brash Ragnar?" Uma says. "Your haughty wrath extinguishes civil words and fans the flames of war between us."
"Here come the strangers," Ragnar says. "Let them speak. Then I'll have done with you."
"Peace," says Oakstaff "Be still."

All eyes turn to Orlando.
"Come, dear one," says Uma. "We shall protect you." The dryad extends her hand to Orlando, but Ragnar pounds his spear on his shield.
"Think that you can protect him?" thunders the giant. "Bring him to me!"
Basal smirks and purrs "Now we will see ..." He moves to join Ragnar's side.
"Peace!" booms Oakstaff "Be still!"
Both groups look to the adventurers to speak. Orlando looks momentarily lost for words.

Neil1889

First Post
"Lord Ragnar, Lady Uma," Rain begins and bows them both, "he that is known as Porpherio to some and Orlando to others has returned here to at least greet Lord Ragnar and also hear the lifting of his sentence."

"Lord Ragnar, Krin and Eluna entreated you to let us try and find the means to enter Soryth's lair, there to confront her. In doing so, my companions and I might try and prevent any war here on the Island and indeed also end the conflict brewing in the lands beyond the waterfall; for that task then you, Lady Uma and Sir Oakstaff should now know that we may well at last have the means to enter the Palace of Spires. When you decided to let us attack Soryth, you also gave us permission to confront Basal." Rain had bowed to the treant and she also bows to Ragnar's cousin as she continues, "Basal fought loyally and bravely for you when he doubted that you had indeed sent us."

"A clarification about Porpherio's fate is one that Basal, Porpherio, Orlando and ourselves would be most eager to hear."

Remove ads