[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

Mewness

First Post
Sir Flibbertigibbet casually tosses his sword into a bush before entering. "Indeed; if there be any charm against violence, our enemy has surely broken it already--at least, we can hope as much."

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
"I never imagined the land of my ancestors would be such a brutally violent place. I pray that it is merely the influence of Soryth's evil." Sabynha paused, head down.

When she next looked up, her finger lifted a tear from her cheek. Flinging it toward the pool behind them, she muttered, "Today we rid her from this land, and find out."

jbear

First Post
The adventurers pass through the doorway with weapons stowed, all except Wat who carries his staff. They meet no resistance, though they do feel as though the stone eyes of the guardian statues seems to watch them as they pass inside.

The furniture in this room is of the same make as the furnishings found in the Crystal Cave and the Water Palace. On the table, the decanter and the glasses emit the same tinkling melody that sounded in the Crystal Cave. The decanter and the glasses must have been carved from perfect pieces of the crystal from the Crystal Cave.

GM: You are in. Well done. You can either head towards the fountain at the end of the hall or take one of the two exits described before.

Neil1889

First Post
Rain, briefly admiring the crystalware from afar once again, focuses her attention on the fountain, curious about its magical nature and wondering if by itself it poses a threat or not to her companions.

[sblock=Arcana check on the fountain] Total = 21 [/sblock]

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Sabynha is naturally drawn to the crystal melody. It can be no coincidence that it runs through the magic of this place like veins of ore through a mountain; a musical leyline of sorts. She will take a few moments to listen very closely to it; memorize it, hum along with it. She muses to herself that perhaps it holds great power here, and perhaps even in other places as well.

OOC: Is there anything in the decanter currently? Should I make a nature or arcana check regarding the music of the crystals?

jbear

First Post
As Rain nears the fountain, the translucent forms of two beautiful nymphs clad in gossamer gowns becomes evident amid the flow. The aquatic spirits chase one another in a chaotic spiral through the air all the way up to another water surface, defying gravity high above.

GM: No check needed on the crystal decanter. Basically you got all the information there was on it. Sabynha values the set at 250 gp

[sblock=Passive Arcana (DC 13)] These spirits are not really nymphs. They are elemental spirits given that shape. [/sblock]
[sblock=Passive Perception (DC 13)] Beyond the inverted water above, you can hear the faint sound of chanting. [/sblock]

Neil1889

First Post
"Look out above, Rain!" shouts Zuri, "Somebody or something is up there chanting!"

"The nymphs aren't what they appear to be either; they're likely water spirits giving the liquid form," replies Rain as she steps back away from the fountain.

Mewness

First Post
Sir Flibbertigibbet flutters up towards the water running overhead. "Your pardon, ladies," he says, hoping the water spirits will hear. "I am Sir Flibbertigibbet, and you will, I hope, forgive my intrusion; but my companions and I are trying to find our way upstairs, and would be most grateful for your advice. We would by no means disrupt the pursuits of the rightful inhabitants of this place, and fear causing offense in our ignorance. Can you advise us how best to proceed?"

[sblock=Diplomacy 9]Diplomacy
4(1d20) +5 = 9
bleah.[/sblock]

Remove ads