[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

jbear

First Post
Daphne begins to carefully lick the blood runes. Initially there seems to be no adverse effect from the fey hound cleaning this malevolent writing. And then she stops moving. She shudders. Her head turns and blood spills out from under the bottom lids of her eyes. She collapses in upon herself. A moment after the implosion, the room is torn apart by dark flames of hell fire that badly sears everybody in the room.

Smouldering, faces blackened with soot, it takes a moment for the adventurers to realise that Daphne's mishap has also ended the dark magic. As soon as the mosaic is free of stain and the sun is revealed, daylight flows in through the transparent dome above. Another screech of anger echoes from somewhere outside the room.

GM: Sorry, DC was 21 :(
Daphne blinks out of existence; You each take 10 fire dmg.

Mosaic solved

Last edited:

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Sabynha's own scream of pain and surprise was eclipsed both by her coughing on a lungful of smoke and also the other scream that pierced the air.

"Someone is not happy about our actions. I would guess that we're doing something right, if that scream belongs to whom I think it does..." It was far too early to sound smug, but the vistani couldn't help but be a little pleased at the thought of ruining Soryth's day a little bit at a time.

She took a moment to catch her breath, wipe the soot from her skin, and be glad that her babushka shielded her hair from the brunt of the fire.

She chuckled to herself, "There once was a hag named Soryth, with an anger so great, ensorcelled fair mates, and for that she will soon be sorry."

OOC: Sabynha will spend a healing surge, +4 from Song of Rest (her little poem) for 13hp. At 6 surges and back to 38 +5thp? Anyone else spending a surge and who found her poem uplifting can also gain the +4.

Mewness

First Post
"Daphne, what are--" shouts Sir Flibbertigibbet just before he is enveloped in smoke. But as it clears, the wolf slowly materializes again, her malignant green eyes appearing first.

[sblock=ooc]Well, bum. Two surges for Sir F, one to recover and one to get Daphne back again. He has 4 left.[/sblock]

Neil1889

First Post
Zuri beats out the flames on her clothes and takes brief comfort in Sabynha's comic poem.

Rain simply prepares herself for a fight.

[sblock=actions]Rain is fine as she is.

Zuri spends a Healing surge (3 left), going from 29 out of 34 Hit Points to 34 max, with +5 THP because of the Song of Rest.

(Or so I think; stop me if I'm overdoing it with THP's reservoirs being healed by Healing Spells.)[/sblock]

[sblock=Zuri Stats]
Eladrin Rogue lvl 3
34 +5 THP/ 34 (+5 THP per encounter) HPs. 3/7 surges. Surge Value 8 +1 THP
AC 17 F/R/W 13/17/14
Init +5 Speed 6
Str 14 Con 12 Dex 18 Int 14 Wis 10 Cha 14

MBA: Dagger +7, 1d4+3 dmg
RBA: Dagger +9, 1d4+5 dmg, 5/10; Rebounding Hand crossbow +1 +8, 1d6+5 dmg

Skills: Stealth +10, Thievery +10, Athletics +8, Bluff +10, Intimidate +8, Streetwise +8, Arcana +5, History +5, Perception +6
Feats: Weapon Focus: Light Blades; Backstabber

Action Points: 1

[sblock=At Will Powers]
Riposte Strike: +9 vs AC; 1d4+5 dmg and if target attacks before eont make a MBA against it as Imm. Interrupt.

Disheartening Strike: Melee: +9 vs AC; 1d4+5 dmg and target takes -2 to atks TENT
(Ranged: +8 vs AC; 1d6+5).

Sneak Attack: +2d8+2 dmg 1/turn when Zuri hits with CAdv.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Encounter Powers]
Guarded Attack: Melee: +9 vs AC; 2d4+5 dmg and if target attacks before eont make a MBA against it as Imm. Interrupt and the target takes a -2 penalty to triggering attack roll [ ]

Fey Step [ ]

Sneak in the attack: (minor; melee 1) Until start of Zuri's next turn the next ally who hits the target with CAdv deals 2d8+2 extra dmg [ ]

Low Slash: (minor action) Melee: +9 vs Reflex; 1d4+5 dmg (+2 more dmg if flanking the target) plus the target slides one square and is slowed until eont. [ ]

Surprise Strike (Outlaw Theme): (no action) When using a basic attack or an at-will weapon attack power, and you hit an enemy that is granting combat advantage to you, then the enemy is dazed until the end of your next turn. [ ]
[/sblock]
[sblock=Daily Powers]
Precise Incision: (Reliable) +9 vs AC; 3d4+5 dmg [ ]

[/sblock] [/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]Rain

Female Tiefling Swordmage, Level 3.
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 11. Senses: Low-light vision.
AC: 21, Fort: 15, Reflex: 16, Will: 16.
HP:
41 + 1 THP/43 (+0 THP), Bloodied: 21, Surge Value: 10 +1 THP, Surges left: 5/11
Speed: 6 squares. Size: Medium. Languages: Tsugo, Allarian.
Saving Throw Bonuses: Nothing to report.
Action Points: 1

Powers:
Infernal Wrath
Second Wind
Guardian's Counter
Aegis of Shielding
Sword Burst
Booming Blade
Sword of Sigils
Dimensional Thunder
Arcane Mutterings
Dimensional Vortex
Leather Armour of Aegis Expansion - Encounter Power
Cape of the Mountebank +1 - Daily Power

Conditions: None.
[/sblock]

OOC: Sabynha might be on 5 surges because of the one used here and the Comrade's Succor ritual used earlier.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
GM: Sorry that I have not been pushing to move this on, although I would like to get a post from SoM as to what Wat does. Been very busy. This won't relent for another week more than likely and then things will slow and I will have time to build the next encounter map and kick it off. Thanks for your patience.

Son of Meepo

First Post
As the others decide to rest, Wat takes a moment to relax and finish air out the room. After a few minutes he joins the others, ready to move on.

OOC: wat spends 1 surge. I'm not 100% sure if my sheet was accurate. I have to try to figure out how many I had left.

jbear

First Post
A thud is heard outside the room and the ground trembles. "Where are you hiding, meddlers!?" growls a demonic voice.

Map

GM: You are in the lower room. Place yourself on the map and take your turn as you have initiative.

Orange marks general furniture and is difficult terrain.

Remove ads