• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: I have a question about the delusions ability. What is the trigger and what kind of action is it? I ask because Soryth has been dazed for a while. If it's an opportunity action, she shouldn't be able to do it while dazed.

jbear

First Post
GM: It is an aura. NO action required. As always with Solo Bosses, it is very hard to shut down their ability to constantly deal damage. She is a pretty deadly enemy.

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: Frankly seems a little too good to me for a low heroic solo. It effectively gets an action on each of our turns plus its own turn. Even a beholder's off turn attacks don't seem that good and they are paragon tier monsters.

Since I'm grasping at straws here, I'll point out that the flanking rules specifically mention gaining flanking enemies. Since allies are not enemies, I'd argue that by a strict reading of the rules, you cannot gain CA for flanking an ally (not that it mattered in this case). Also, I'll point out that the Sneak Attack class feature says enemy as well, so it probably should not work against allies either.

Wat takes a moment to listen for signs of the hag and Julianna...

Minor: Perception (1d20+6=20)

Rest of turn depends on Perception result.

jbear

First Post
GM: I will concede on a single point. I will only flank you against Soryth's creatures. However when You attack your ally I choose to consider that in that moment you are attacking your ally as an enemy. If they are being harrassed by an enemy on the other side they are effectively flanked. Your strict reading of the rule is trumped by me being the DM.

Flanking with an ally on the other side was an error. I don't know what I was thinking. As you said the bonus made no difference.

I don't think you can accuse me of being unfair in any way in the several years this game has been run. This is the final battle. It is going to be hard. You may lose. If you win you will have earned it.

To be completely frank, I am actually underplaying Soryth's power as it is written. This is not an invented enemy that I have created. It is from the module. And I repeat I have underplayed the actual power.

Each time you missed each other you should have taken 5 psychic dmg from the start. I limited it to when Soryth became bloodied.

Soryth Stealth DC 24 to detect

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Well then I guess the only thing I can do is ready an action for Sortyh to appear, unless Zuri would rather be back at 1 hp and have a hope of doing something herself.

Remove ads