[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
OOC: I just looked back in the thread. I can't remember exactly, but I probably edited the sheet to include the 19 damage from Unicorn's Charge on Soryth. Still, we're in the home stretch, and the 4hp kept Sir Flib from dropping, so there's that.

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: I just looked back in the thread. I can't remember exactly, but I probably edited the sheet to include the 19 damage from Unicorn's Charge on Soryth. Still, we're in the home stretch, and the 4hp kept Sir Flib from dropping, so there's that.

OOC: It looks like you did. Looking at the revision history, her damage went from 146 to 165 on March 25.

jbear

First Post
GM: Thanks [MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION] I don't know how to look at the revision history :) So that puts Soryth at 21/252 HPs ... not looking too bad anymore!

Soryth was no longer invisible. Pretty sure Sir Flib's attack would have hit even if she wasn't though.

And Wat is up!

Son of Meepo

First Post
Wat moves back towards the doorway and feeds a healing potion to Sir Flib. If it weren't so dire, he'd almost find it comical that he was force feeding a flask of liquid nearly as large as the pixie.

Move: To E15
Minor: Draw Potion
Standard: Administer potion to Sir Flib

Sir Flib spends a healing surge and regains 10 hit points (already updated).

jbear

First Post
Sabynha is drawn to the other side of the witch but she is able to hold back her strike against Rain, as her will begins to emerge from the murk of her spell which fades as her blood seeps into the garden grass. Soryth growls in frustration and a lancing pain spikes through Sabynha's mind.

GM: Sabynha takes 5 psychic dmg and is free to act

[sblock=Sabynha's Delusion]
Slide to current position
12 vs AC=Miss
Sabynha takes 5 psychic dmg for missing

[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Forgot to Roll Zuri vs Death

Zuri save vs Death 14=success

Also Rain took 5 psychic dmg when her delusion attack missed which I forgot.
[/sblock]

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
The witch and her delusions had not put Sabynha in a good position, but she could sense Soryth's will fading and did not wan to risk her fleeing. Justice must be done, here and now, if the people of this realm were ever to know peace again.

The vistani swallowed her fear, along with the magical nectar in her potion bottle, still safely in her buckler hand. After quaffing it, she took a chance and moved, hoping that Rain's magic and sheer grit would see her through.

[sblock=RNG don't let me down!]Focused Discipline (offence) =+1 to MBAs
Minor Action: Quaff potion; spend surge, gain 10hp+1thp
Move Action: Move to F14 provoking from Soryth and TB1. Soryth is at -2 to hit me from being marked and I am at -2 from her being in bushes, however being in my aura, she grants CA.
Standard Action: Charge to H18 to attack Soryth 1d20+10+2+1+1-2=26, 2d6+7+1d8=16 I think that's a hit for 16. This generates a floating +4 to damage, not that it's likely to matter.[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Soryth lashes out and strikes Sabynha as she attempts to move away with her beguiling staff. Rain invokes the protection of her aegis as the skald dances by, however the skald cannot resist the compelling hex of the with and before she moves off to charge back in she spins and stabs her blade at Rain. The swordmage is nearly up to the task almost deflecting the strike away, but Sabynha's dance is precise and deadly and a last minute turn and curve in her movement sees the blade pierce Rain's defence and draw blood.

The twig blights claw at Sabynha as she moves away but she glides past all but on of them and the scratchy grasp.

GM: No THPs are gained from the healing potion. Healing potions have a set amount that they heal which is unaffected by your surge value, so they don't interact with the Moonstone power.

Also, all 3 Twig blights get an OAtk vs Sabynha when she moves away before she cahrges back in.

[sblock=Soryth OAtk]Oatk vs Sabynha: 22 vs AC (includes -2 from Mark) = Hit for 1d8+2=8 dmg
Rain uses her interrupt for this round with Aegis and reduces damage to 0hps

Sabynha makes MBA vs Rain 21 vs AC=Miss Edit: Focused Discipline provides +1 bonus to Sabynha's MBAs TSNT; 22 vs AC=Hit for 9 dmg

Twig Blights 1, 2 & 3 Oatks: 16, 19, 21 vs AC= 1 hit for 5 dmg [/sblock]

Rain almost swoons from the poison coursing through her veins and the various wounds around her body. She staggers away from Soryth and hurls her mage blade at Sabynha who manages to dodge just to the side as it passes, although it does shorten her fringe just a shade. When the blade hurtles back into her hand once more Rain, badly hurt, comes back to her senses ... sensing that victory is now within their grasp... yet still precious inches away.

[sblock=Rain's Delusion]Rain takes 5 poisong dmg

Slides 2 to current position and Makes RBA vs Sabynha 19 vs Ac=Miss (thanks to bloodstone) [/sblock]

GM: Rain is free to act

MAP

Neil1889

First Post
Rain staggers backwards, but her head momentarily clear. She spins her blade through the air towards Soryth, but the witch's cover, recently used by Rain, saves the hag.

The blade returns back to the Tiefling's hand; she readies it reflexively, uncertain as how the moment will play out as the blight poison carries on coursing through her.

[sblock]Start of turn (a noted in jbear's previous post), Rain takes ongoing 5 poison damage, leaving her on 6 hit points.

I'm actually uncertain if I can do this because of the mound elevation; I'll post anyway.

Move action: Rain starts in F18 and shifts to E18.

Standard Action - Ranged Basic Attack vs. Soryth with Farbond Spellblade (Longsword) +1 : +10 vs AC, 1D8+5 damage, Range 5/10 against Soryth, who is subject to Rain's Bloodhunt and is granting Combat Advantage to Rain due to Sabynha's aura, but is in cover - Total to Hit = 17, miss.

◾Bloodhunt: You gain a +1 on attacks against bloodied foes.

Saving throw, with +2 Feat bonus for Saving throws, Resilient Focus = 3. Fail

I haven't touched Soryth's stats on the sheet.[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]Rain

Female Tiefling Swordmage, Level 4.
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 12. Senses: Low-light vision.
AC: 22, Fort: 16, Reflex: 17, Will: 17.
HP:
6 + 0 THP/50 (+5 THP), Bloodied: 25, Surge Value: 12 +1 THP, Surges left: 2/11
Speed: 6 squares. Size: Medium. Languages: Tsugo, Allarian.
Saving Throw Bonuses: +2 Feat bonus to Saving Throws.
Action Points: 0

Powers:
Infernal Wrath - USED
Second Wind - USED
Guardian's Counter - USED
Aegis of Shielding
Sword Burst
Booming Blade
Sword of Sigils
Dimensional Thunder - USED
Arcane Mutterings
Dimensional Vortex
Leather Armour of Aegis Expansion - Encounter Power
Cape of the Mountebank +1 - Daily Power

Conditions:
Bloodied

Poisoned - Ongoing 5.
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Soryth, sensing the swordmage about to fall, sends the twig blights after Rain. The twiggy menaces scramble over the hill and reach out to drag her down but her magical wards stave off their attacks. The other blights flank Sabynha and spike her flesh with their poisonous barbs. Soryth's staff snakes out of the bush where she hides and strikes the skald upon the check. A stinging blow at best and one that Rain can easily protect her from with her aegis, but the true insidious power of her strike is the magic that seeps into Sabynha's mind. Eyes wide she turns her own blade upon herself and against her will drives the point of it into her stomach.

GM: Sabynha takes 5+5+(5 negated by Rain)+8 dmg= 18 dmg and has ongoing 2 poison dmg (save ends)

Sir Flib and Wat can act freely, neither are affected by Soryth's delusion power.

[sblock=Soryth's turn]
Recharge Nightmare Visions: 1d6=4 Fail

Delay turn until after twigblights

TB2 & 3: move and attack Rain 15 & 11 vs AC=miss,miss
TB4 move and attack Sabynha 26 vs AC= Hit for 5 dmg and 2 ongoing poison dmg (save ends)
TB1 shifts and attacks Sabynha 27 vs AC=Hit for 5 dmg and 2 ongoing poison dmg (save ends)

Soryth MBA with Compelling Staff vs Sabynha (23 vs AC=HIt even with -2 of mark) for 1d8+2=5 dmg (I imagine Rain will negate this with Aegis) and Sabynha makes a MBA vs target of her choice: Sabynha attacks herself: 22 vs AC=Hit for 8 dmg [/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
"You've terrorized these poor souls for too long hag. Now it is your soul that will be tormented forever."

Wat fires a ball of lightning from is staff. It explodes behind Soryth and the twig blight, blowing the small creature to pieces and mortally wounding Soryth.

Move: To F14
Standard: Lightning's Revelation (TB4, Soryth) (1d20+7+2=23 Reflex, 1d20+7+2=20 Reflex, 2d6+5+2+4=20 lightning) (Damage is corrected here, includes Sabynha's +4 damage. Soryth is -4 to all defenses until the end of Wat's next turn in case she has a trick to keep herself alive.)

Remove ads