[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

Son of Meepo

First Post
Wat had been trying his best to ignore the unicorn's remark, but when Rain addressed it, the negative emotions hit him like a deluge.

"Avatar... well not really, but not really that far off. It is well know that Joven took many human lovers throughout the ages. I am the blood descendent of one of those unions. That divine blood manifests as an aspect known as the Sky Father's Fury. That manifestation projects outward through my mastery of storms, but inward, it gives rise to a terrible fury in times of stress."

Wat takes a deep breath as he prepares to continue his story.

"The battle with the fey has finally helped me understand what my father had said to me many times as I grew into manhood. My great-great-great-great-grandfather, the founder of my temple murdered his first wife in one of those moments of divine fury. Since then he and all the male descendants thereafter have never taken a wife, instead bedding prostitutes to continue the family line. The male offspring were taken to the temple to be raised into the priesthood, while the girls were left to be raised by their mothers in the brothels."

Wat continued before anyone else could get a word in.

"I had thought up until today that my father's actions were the result of a misogynistic upbringing, but now I realize that it was done out of necessity, because I could never guarantee that you'd be safe around me."

Wat's voice trailed off. To his horror, Wat hadn't realized that he'd said the last part aloud, looking not at Ragnar, but at Sabynha. He quickly tried to regain his composure and hurried out of the meeting.

Gray, ever one to stay in the shadows of social conflict, can't help but be motiviated by Rain's speech.

"What my friend Rain says is true, Lord Ragnar," he says, bowing before the volatile leader of the satyrs. "Wat's mood changes easy. But he is not reckless (at least not most of the time), and he heals as much as he hurts. We want so much to help. But we need your help, so that we can help you. If you can give us your token of oak, and if we can get the mistletoe, too, then we will stop Soryth and remove the curse. I met an eladrin woman that charged me with being a guardian of this land, and I said yes, so you can take my word that we will go after Soryth and defeat her. And if my words are not enough proof, see here..."

Gray holds his arms out to Ragnar and the Unicorns, showing them his green colored arm wraps, recently etched with the magical hologram of an oak tree, the symbol of one initiated as an Arcadian Feywarden.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Sabynha had been about to continue to speak, several times now, but each time, her companions piped up, and she was more than happy to let them.

The last time, Wat's revelation was enough to dispel whatever else she had been thinking, and though she was a little surprised, when he looked over at her, the vistani met his gaze without fear or judgement in her eyes.

"We all have faults, but our hearts are in the right place, and that is what counts." Sabynha finally spoke up, and met the gaze of everyone in the room as she began.

"We all have different motivations, but our goal remains the same: we all want to put an end to Soryth's plans. If we work together, we can win. If we don't, then Soryth has already won. It's that simple."

jbear

First Post
The large unicorn throws its head and snorts as Wat turns to exit after his speech. "Do you see why I doubt now, Eluna?" The smaller unicorn named Eluna, drops her head as though deeply saddened but does not reply.

Ragnar watches Wat's departure impassive. "There goes one who walks the Hard Road" he declares finally. "Joven's blade is double edged. And I too walk the Hard Road. I do not fear the presence of this young warrior. He cares."

As to your needs ... An oak leaf to open the way to the Palace of Spires ... it is a hidden world of its own beyond a great maze of brambles ... If your intent is to stand against the hag, then yes, an oak leaf you may have. Robin, make it so. As for Uma, she is not the only one who can give you the Mistletoe. It is only the taking that prevents you from using any mistletoe leaf you find as a key. As long as the leaf is given, its power will not fade."

He contemplates the group for some time and then he leans forward on the throne, eyes narrowed. "All right Krin, there is now hope where before there was none. You have convinced me. They have convinced me. I care little for the affairs of the world of the Lost but perhaps you can undo what I have set in motion ... with your presence, perhaps there is now another way to defeat Soryth's plans. I sent my cousin Basal to slay the one who is Porpherio. If Basal succeeds, the soul will be freed and the hag denied her power. I told Uma of this plan, and the witch named me a murderer. Let her drown in her perfume in her camp yonder until the Summer Queen calls her home..." A sly look crosses Ragnar's features. For the first time he smiles, and he says, "My scouts saw Porpherio in the arms of a nymph in the south western forest this morning. Basal has yet to catch him, obviously. Were I to move now, I have no doubt that Uma would counter me. But she might not notice you. If you can find the nymph and bring Porpherio to me, we shall decide how to mend this mess. Move swiftly. If Basal finds your man first, he is surely dead."

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Ragnar's eyes narrow. He gives a single nod to Robin. "Make it so." Robin, who looks to be holding his breath, moves into sudden swift action.

"Quickly now!" The Satyr rushes from the grove, offering the party the large oak leaf he had gathered moments earlier. He takes you past the tree outside the grove where Wat sits in silent brooding. "Follow me, priest of Joven." Robin changes direction once more, not waiting for Wat to respond, expecting that the party keep up. There is something in the way that he keeps looking over his shoulder towards where you came from that has you also quite nervous. Eventually he comes to a place in the forest where he stops. He explains how you must continue on and then says: "Once more, I can go no further. I do wish you luck, and hope dearly that you find your young friend in time! I fear I must rush to leave you. I know Ragnar. He will need his fool to calm the temper I saw flash in his eyes." With a bow and a sweep of the arm he is gone.

Following Robin's directions The forest descends into a narrow hollow that contains a grove of old trees with enough space separating them to allow in the summerlike sun of the island. Undergrowth is sparse here and the atmosphere very still. Near the center of the grove are two particularly gnarled, sparsely leafed trees of vaguely humanoid shape. A sword, its jeweled hilt sparkling in the sun, has been driven into the roots of the closer of those trees.

jbear

First Post
GM: @CrimsonFlameWielder By my count Gray just reached level 3 with 2396 xp; if you want to retire him I think announcing that now is a good time. The xp totals have all been worked out and adjusted with time gold and xp on the first page. I don't know what you have to do exactly to make that oficial, but get whatever you have to have done, done and get your new character up and ready and I'll give it a check when you are ready, and we can continue. That should buy me enough time to get the next little bit of prep done. I'm going to be very busy over the next little while as I begin a new job in teaching. My posting rate may drop off for a while.

I'll work Gray's exit from the story and the new PC's entrance as well as possible when the time comes.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
"Well, that was... abrupt." Sabynha took a moment to look about, "...and what have we here?"

She looked at the sword, but dared not touch it or draw too near; she figured it held some powerful magic like everything else in this place seemed to, and whatever it was, it looked far too 'obvious.' She remained content to simply admire the beauty of it for now.

Neil1889

First Post
Rain watches Robin depart, "I have a large amount of respect for that one."

"My apologies," Rain says, turning to the group and in particular to Wat. "My own temper got the better of me and it endangered you. I find the task ahead of us unpleasant; Ragnar's cousin Basal has been despatched here to assassinate Porpherio, who has fallen to the charms of a local nymph. It now occurs to me that if we were to kill this Basal, then it would also do our cause harm."

Rain looks into the glade, "I don't know what to think of this. I do hope that we are not too late."

She draws her own sword and edges forwards slightly.

OOC: Rain is inclined to just pile in here. :)

Sorry to hear that Gray isn't staying. He's kind of fun.

Best o'luck with the new job, jbear.

OOC: Thanks for the Time XP boost! That brings Gray up to level 3.

To all: It's true, I'm retiring Gray. I'm not really happy with the way Gray is working out, so I decided to switch things up. Soon, you will meet my new character, a wood elf Avenger. I'll get my new character's sheet all worked up today and let you guys know when that's done so that jbear can keep things moving along!

Remove ads