Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn communicates mentally with his armor, and it responds by forming a hard outer shell. (Minor - stoneskin armor power - Dorn gains 5 tmp hp). Dorn appears clearly as he allows his shroud to fall (dismiss shroud), and he sends a wall of fire at the biter in front of him. Unfortunately, the biter seems unaffected by the heat (Burning Spray misses).

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 10

Immediate Reactions: If hit, use Narrow Escape to take half damage and teleport to N21

Current Effects:
Each creature that attacks Dorn takes 2d6 damage till end of entounter.
+1 power all defenses till end of encounter

Passive Perception 14, Passive Insight 14
AC 24, Fort 20, Reflex 21, Will 23 (base defenses)
HP +5 tmp 43/72 Bloodied 36 Surge Value 18, Surges 7/7
Speed 6, Initiative +13
Action Points: 0

Wild Soul: fire (resist 5 fire, ignore first 5 enemy fire resistance)
Note - Dorn uses the first d20 attack without mods for his Wild Magic boon
Note - Dorn scores a crit on 19 or 20

Encounter Resources
USED Bedeviling Burst
USED Ice Dragon's Teeth
USED Spark Form
USED Furious Assault
Narrow Escape
USED Stoneskin Armor
Half-Orc Resilience
USED Goblin Stompers
Second Wind
USED Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Chromatic Orb
Moon and the Stars
Staggering Blast
USED Deep Shroud
USED Chaotic Defense
Luckblade Dagger
Diamond Cincture

2x potion of healing
[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=tictacs]

I'm conflicted.

I feel like those biters are tearing us up, and once we take care of them we'll be okay in this fight. Unless Luinnar has more tricks up his sleeve, of course. To that end, and because Quagmire is a melee warlord, I'd really like to get over by Jax and Sir Ex. (If for no other reason than that all my healing options are short range.)

On the other hand, that leaves Dorn going toe to toe with another biter; not ideal.

What do?

[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
[sblock=tactics]
Don't worry about Dorn - he has an immediate interrupt armed. The next time he is hit, he will teleport to the other side of the pit and take 1/2 damage.
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
OOC: Right, then...

Quagmire's feet finally spring into furious motion, carrying him wildly around the northern end of the pit, narrowly missing Brenn, and hurtling towards the goblins attached to Sir Exsixten, weapon raised and bellowing a war cry. The goblin easily dodges his wild swing -- but accuracy was never Quagmire's intent, and even as the goblin ducks, Jax's blade lashes out towards its back.

[sblock=actions]Move, standard: double move to O15.
Action point: Shift to P13 from Andras' presence. commander's strike; Jax gets an MBA on biter 3 with +1 to hit and +4 to damage. I don't know if the +1 to hit from Andras' presence transfers to Jax or not; hopefully he won't need it.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Quagmire]Quagmire Weaselcrust- Male Hobgoblin Warlord 9
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13
AC:22, Fort:22 (21), Reflex:19, Will:22 -- Speed:5
HP:53/66, Bloodied:33, Surge Value:16, Surges left:8/9
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
MBA +15 vs. AC, 1d8+7 damage
Powers
Rousing Assault, Commander's strike, Chainmail of Sacrifice, Throwing shield
Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Word x2, Hobgoblin resilience, Inspired Belligerence, Warlord's Strike, War of Attrition,
Bastion of Defense, Stand the Fallen, Stand Tough, Knock Them Down, Vanguard longsword, Chainmail of Sacrifice, Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Throwing Shield, Diamond Cincture

Notes:
  • Allies within 10 who can see and hear Quagmire gain +2 initiative
  • Allies who spend an AP within sight of me regain 11 HP and can make a saving throw at +5
  • When I hit an enemy with withering longsword, they take a cumulative -1 to AC (save ends)
[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
One of the biters attacks Dorn, but he is hit by a mouthfull of electricity as Dorn teleports away, the other continues to munch on the warforged.

The huge skeleton rushes at Andras swinging the scimitars. Andras manages to dodge the first swing but is hit with the left-hand sword.

Fool, how dare you slay my minion! Radaga shrieks, ignoring Andras and blasting Quagmire with a bolt of dark energy.

[sblock=actions]
Biter rolls
Goblyn Ankle Biter 1: Standard: Ankle Bite Dorn, hits Dorn for 21/2=10 damage and Dorn is teleported to N21 with his interrupt. Biter takes 11 damage.

Biter 2: takes damage, feast on SirExSixTen for 14 auto damage.
save failed

Giant Skeleton:
Move: Two squares up.
Standard: Razor Storm Strike. Two attacks, one hits Andras for 23 damage. Not a bad power to trigger Firedeath if you want.

Radaga: Move:Stand Up
Move:Shift to U18
AP Standard: Profane Bolt, Quagmire takes 20 auto necrotic damage.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Combatants]
Radaga: HP 171/223; Bloodied 112
AC 26; Fortitude 20; Reflex 26; Will 30,
Immune disease, poison

Giant Skeleton:
HP 187/242; Bloodied 146, +5 power bonus to damage rolls against it (not Andras).
AC 27; Fortitude 25; Reflex 23; Will 23
Immune disease, poison; Resist 10 necrotic; Vulnerability 5 radiant

Goblyn Ankle Biter:
HP 158; Bloodied 79
AC 25; Fortitude 27; Reflex 29; Will 21
1: HP 62/158,
2: HP 88/158, grabbed Sir ExSixTen, marked EONT, -1 to AC (save ends)

Jax: 52/73, +1 power bonus to defenses,

Sir ExSixTen: 40/82 +1 power bonus to defenses, 5 ongoing (escape from grab ends), grabbed by biter 2 (can move), slowed, any creature that starts its turn adjacent to Sir Exsixten takes 1d12+3 damage (+2 more if he has THP, +2 more if the creature is bloodied)

Dorn: 38/72, +1 power bonus to defenses,each creature that attacks Dorn takes 2d6

Quagmire:33/66 +1 power bonus to defenses, -1 to fort until next rest

Brenn: 35/60 +1 power bonus to defenses,

Andras: 15/61 +1 power bonus to defenses, -2 movement, +1 item bonus to AC and Reflex EONT
[/sblock]
[sblock=Terrain]
The black thing is a pit, the pillars are difficult terrain.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• temple5.jpg
    temple5.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Jax moves on to the next goblyn hugging Sir Exsixten's leg. He strikes with the freezing dagger again, this time leaving a painful wound on the goblyn's free arm that momentarily compromises his defenses. (-4 AC and Reflex)

Fool, how dare you slay my minion!
Jax yells back rather nonsensically, "No, how dare YOU!"

[sblock=Jax stat block / actions]Move: walk to R11.

Standard: Imperiling Strike vs Biter 2 hits Fortitude 30 for 26 cold damage, and Biter 2 takes a -4 penalty to AC and Reflex defenses until the end of Jax's next turn.(1d20+21=30; 1d4+12+1=16; 2d8+4=10;)

Jax gained 11hp from using an action point last turn, so he should be up to 63 hp.

PC:Jax (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Kobold Rogue 10
Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 21
AC:26, Fort:22, Reflex:26, Will:19, Resist 5 cold, 5 necrotic, Speed:6, 7 while not bloodied
HP:63/73, Bloodied:36, Surge Value:18, Surges left:8/9
Initiative +10
Action Points: 0 (encounter)

Conditions
+1 power bonus to all defenses TEOE (included above)

Powers
MBA: +17 vs AC, 1d4+11; or with CA, +20 vs AC, 1d4+12 + 2d8+4 (1/turn)
RBA: +18 vs AC, 1d4+10; or with CA, +21 vs AC, 1d4+11 + 2d8+4 (1/turn)
Frost Dagger, Piercing Strike, Riposte Strike, Shifty
Combat Tumbleset, Imperiling Strike, Low Slash, Perfect Feint, Running Slash, Second Wind, Sly Lunge, Sneak in the Attack
Bloodbath, Frost Dagger, Knockout, Press the Advantage, Rat Form, Raven Cloak

Combat notes: +1 damage with CA; +2 damage vs bloodied targets[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
OOC: Thinking about using Rousing Assault / Stand Tough for mass aoe healing. If I did it now, everyone except Dorn would be in the area (burst 5 from Q12). I think maybe I'll wait a little and see if Dorn feels like moving west a bit.

nerdytenor

First Post
Wow, Dorn thinks, still a little off-balance from the teleportation. That actually worked! He looks down at the new cut provided by the now-distant biter. Well, half-worked at least.

Dorn raises both daggers to the sky, and twin bolts of energy seem to appear out of nowhere. They streak toward the two remaining biters with an audible whistle - while one fizzles out before reaching its target, the other blasts its quarry with radiant energy, healing Dorn in the process. (Moon and Stars hits Biter 2 for 30 radiant damage, misses Biter 1. Dorn spends a surge, healing 18)

Dorn moves quickly to join the rest of the party (Move 6 squares West)

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 10

Immediate Reactions: off

Current Effects:
Each creature that attacks Dorn takes 2d6 damage till end of entounter.
+1 power all defenses till end of encounter
+1 AC from even roll TENT

Passive Perception 14, Passive Insight 14
AC 24, Fort 20, Reflex 21, Will 23 (base defenses)
HP 56/72 Bloodied 36 Surge Value 18, Surges 6/7
Speed 6, Initiative +13
Action Points: 0

Wild Soul: fire (resist 5 fire, ignore first 5 enemy fire resistance)
Note - Dorn uses the first d20 attack without mods for his Wild Magic boon
Note - Dorn scores a crit on 19 or 20

Encounter Resources
USED Bedeviling Burst
USED Ice Dragon's Teeth
USED Spark Form
USED Furious Assault
USED Narrow Escape
USED Stoneskin Armor
Half-Orc Resilience
USED Goblin Stompers
Second Wind