Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Groggily, Andras takes aim at the massive skeleton with a nasty-looking arrow. The arrow fractures and splinters bone on its way through, weakening the corpse for future attacks.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Relentless Wounding vs Giant Skeleton. Hits AC 36 for 24 damage. Until the end of the encounter, my allies gain a +5 power bonus to damage rolls against it.[/sblock]

[sblock=Andras's mini-stats]Andras genasi Warlord 8
Initiative: +9 | Passive perception: 19 | Passive Insight: 14
AC: 21 (22) | For: 20 (21) | Ref: 18 (19) | Will: 16 (17)
HP: 61/61+10 | Bloodied: 30 | Surge value: 15 | Surges: 9/9
Resist: 5 Fire, 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Primordial
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +14 vs AC, 1d10+7 damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +15 vs AC, 1d10+10 damage
Powers: Paint the Bulls-Eye, Risky Shot
Race the Arrow, Staggering Shot, On My Mark
Relentless Wounding, Create Opportunity
Firedeath, Inspiring Word (2/2), Shake It Off, Reorient the Axis
Rebounding Longbow, Boots of the Fencing Master, Deathcut Armor, Boar Tusk Helm

Skirmishing Presence:
When an ally who can see Andras spends an Action Point to make an attack, that ally can shift four squares before or after the attack, and gets a +1 bonus to attack rolls with said attack.

Conditions:

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
GM: Please ignore the extra dice rolls.

The two Goblyns grabbing on Jax and Sir ExSixTen's leg bite down harder and start to chew, causing excruciating pain to both. Another one manages to bite down on the Warforge's other leg, while the forth bites Dorn.

Up, up! Radaga yells, hitting the skeleton with her walking stick.

Imbeciles! she yells after she cannot get the skeleton to react. How dare you attack my servant!

Her words carry such power behind them that a blast of magical energy bursts forth, flinging all but Andras away from her!

[sblock=actions]
Goblyn Ankle Biter 1:
Move:stand up
Standard: Ankle Bite vs Dorn, 28 vs AC, hit for 19 damage, 5 ongoing until grab ends. Dorn is grabbed and slowed. But he can move while grabbed (the Goblyn moves with him).

Goblyn Ankle Biter 2:
Standard: Feast on SirExSixTen, 25 auto damage.

Goblyn Ankle Biter 3:
Standard: Ankle Bite vs Sir ExSixTen, 35 vs AC, 18 damage. ongoing damage is now increased to 10, succeeded AC save.

Goblyn Ankle Biter 4:
Standard: Feast on Jax: 11 auto damage

Giant Skeleton:
Unable to act. Failed save immobilize save, succeeded AC save

Radaga:Standard: Terrifying Shriek burst 5. Hits Sir ExSixTen, Jax, Brenn, Dorn, Quagmire for 15 psychic damage, you are pushed away with your Goblyn (see map) and are immobilized (save ends)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]
Radaga: HP 223; Bloodied 112
AC 26; Fortitude 20; Reflex 26; Will 30, marked EONT
Immune disease, poison, takes half damage from melee and ranged attacks.
Note: Radaga and the Giant Skeleton occupies the same space (as she is "riding" it.) They get one move action but do not share any other actions (unlike regular mounts). Radaga is one square up (still can be hit with melee), and does not provoke OAs from using ranged attacks when adjacent to PCs. Also she is not large, but the skeleton is, if anyone knows of a good pic of a hag riding in a skeleton please let me know ;).

Giant Skeleton:
HP 187/242; Bloodied 146, immobilized (save ends), restrained (EOBrennNT), marked EONT, +5 power bonus to damage rolls against it (not Andras).
AC 27; Fortitude 25; Reflex 23; Will 23
Immune disease, poison; Resist 10 necrotic; Vulnerability 5 radiant

Goblyn Ankle Biter:
HP 158; Bloodied 79
AC 25; Fortitude 27; Reflex 29; Will 21
1: HP 114/158, prone, 10 ongoing (save ends), grabbed Dorn
2: HP 140/158, marked EONT, grabbed Sir ExSixTen
3: HP 128/158 marked EONT, grabbed Sir ExSixTen, -1 to AC (save ends)
4: HP 158, marked EONT, grabbed Jax

Jax: 35/73, +1 power bonus to defenses, 5 ongoing (escape from grab ends), grabbed (can move), slowed, immobilized (save ends)

Sir ExSixTen: 28/82 +1 power bonus to defenses, 10 ongoing (escape from grab ends), grabbed by biter 2,3 (can move), slowed, immobilized (save ends)

Dorn: 48/72, +1 power bonus to defenses,Dorn's square and all adjacent are heavily obscured, 5 ongoing until grab ends. Dorn is grabbed by Biter 1 and slowed, can move while grabbed (the Goblyn moves with him), immobilized (save ends)

Quagmire:35/66 +1 power bonus to defenses, immobilized (save ends)

Brenn: 55/60 +1 power bonus to defenses, immobilized (save ends)

Andras: 10+61/61 +1 power bonus to defenses, -2 movement
[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]
The black thing is a pit, the pillars are difficult terrain.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• temple3.jpg
    temple3.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Jax looks frustrated that his target was blasted across the room along with Sir Exsixten. He turns his attention to the goblyn chewing on his leg. "Stop that already!" Jax konks the goblyn on the head with the hilt of his dagger, dazing it thoroughly even as it retains its grip on his leg. Finally, Jax kneels down to swipe at the thing's ankles, sending it staggering backward.

The magic holding Jax to his spot pulses strongly at first, but a counter-pulse of magic from his cloak dispels the hag's enchantment.

[sblock=Jax stat block / actions]Start of turn: take 5 damage from ongoing goblin. It looks like Jax took 5 mystery damage last round? He was at 56 +5 THP, took 11 from the goblyn (down to 50), and took 15 from Radaga (down to 35). So by my math, Jax has 30/73 after taking this ongoing damage.

Much as I'd love to go full nova on the hag, bursts work better at the start of the fight. Let's see if I can one-round the goblyn... Apparently not! Too bad knockout missed.

Minor: Kobold War Dance (Perfect Feint). Goblyn 4 grants CA to Jax until the end of Jax's next turn.

Standard: Knockout vs Biter 4 misses Fort 24 for 15/2 = 7 cold damage and Biter 4 is dazed until the end of Jax's next turn.

Minor: Low Slash vs Biter 4 hits Reflex 35 for 31 cold damage and Biter 4 is slid to R15, breaking the grab. It's also slowed until the end of Jax's next turn.

End of turn: Saving throw vs immobilized fails with an 8. I'll reroll that with the Raven Cloak power. Saving throw vs immobilized succeeds with a 15.

Not quite what I was hoping for. I'll yell C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER and quit while I'm ahead. A dazed and slowed goblyn one square away should waste his next turn; he's granting CA; and his grab is done. Meanwhile, Jax has his full movement for next turn, an AP, and lots of nifty powers left.

PC:Jax (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Kobold Rogue 10
Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 21
AC:26, Fort:22, Reflex:26, Will:19, Resist 5 cold, 5 necrotic, Speed:6, 7 while not bloodied
HP:30/73, Bloodied:36, Surge Value:18, Surges left:9/9
Initiative +10
Action Points: 1 (encounter)

Conditions
+1 to all defenses TEOE (included above)
Bloodied

Powers
MBA: +17 vs AC, 1d4+11; or with CA, +20 vs AC, 1d4+12 + 2d8+4 (1/turn)
RBA: +18 vs AC, 1d4+10; or with CA, +21 vs AC, 1d4+11 + 2d8+4 (1/turn)
Frost Dagger, Piercing Strike, Riposte Strike, Shifty
Combat Tumbleset, Imperiling Strike, Low Slash, Perfect Feint, Running Slash, Second Wind, Sly Lunge, Sneak in the Attack
Bloodbath, Frost Dagger, Knockout, Press the Advantage, Rat Form, Raven Cloak

Combat notes: +1 damage with CA; +2 damage vs bloodied targets[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire, pushed to the periphery of the fight, cannot get his legs to move despite his racial hardiness. In desperation he hurls his magical shield at a nearby kobold, but it narrowly misses. He touches the belt at his waist, and feels a surge of vigor, and he forces his legs to move again.

[sblock=actions]Man, being an immobilized melee warlord sucks.

Immediate reaction: hobgoblin resilience to save vs. immobilized; fails.
Standard: throwing shield vs. ankle biter 1, misses.
Move: none
Minor: Diamond cincture; spend a surge and heal 18. My fort defense goes down by 1 until extended rest.
End of turn: save vs. immobilized succeeds

Also, I forgot this last round but biter 3 should have taken -1 to AC (save ends) from withering longsword.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Quagmire]Quagmire Weaselcrust- Male Hobgoblin Warlord 9
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13
AC:22, Fort:22 (21), Reflex:19, Will:22 -- Speed:5
HP:48/66, Bloodied:33, Surge Value:16, Surges left:8/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
MBA +15 vs. AC, 1d8+7 damage
Powers
Rousing Assault, Commander's strike, Chainmail of Sacrifice, Throwing shield
Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Word x2, Hobgoblin resilience, Inspired Belligerence, Warlord's Strike, War of Attrition,
Bastion of Defense, Stand the Fallen, Stand Tough, Knock Them Down, Vanguard longsword, Chainmail of Sacrifice, Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Throwing Shield, Diamond Cincture

Notes:
  • Allies within 10 who can see and hear Quagmire gain +2 initiative
  • Allies who spend an AP within sight of me regain 11 HP and can make a saving throw at +5
  • When I hit an enemy with withering longsword, they take a cumulative -1 to AC (save ends)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

nerdytenor

First Post
(Turn is now complete)

Dorn looks down in horror at the creature clamped to his leg . (Start of turn - take 5 damage)

AWAY! his mind screams. And in an instant, the biter is sent flying toward the pit.(Since Bedevilling burst hit, biter is pushed 5 squares - hopefully directly into the pit (I assume he gets a save to fall prone instead). Dorn sustains his shroud (minor), and uses Chaotic Defenses (minor). Until the end of the encounter, each creature that attacks Dorn takes 2d6. Dorn saves vs. immobilized. Dorn will use Narrow Escape the next time he is hit (see stat block) ).

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 10

Immediate Reactions: If hit, use Narrow Escape to take half damage and teleport to N21

Current Effects:
Each creature that attacks Dorn takes 2d6 damage till end of entounter.
+1 power all defenses till end of encounter
+1 AC from even roll TENT
Deep Shroud (sustain minor)

Passive Perception 14, Passive Insight 14
AC 24, Fort 20, Reflex 21, Will 23 (base defenses)
HP 43/72 Bloodied 36 Surge Value 18, Surges 7/7
Speed 6, Initiative +13
Action Points: 0

Wild Soul: fire (resist 5 fire, ignore first 5 enemy fire resistance)
Note - Dorn uses the first d20 attack without mods for his Wild Magic boon
Note - Dorn scores a crit on 19 or 20

Encounter Resources
USED Bedeviling Burst
USED Ice Dragon's Teeth
USED Spark Form
USED Furious Assault
Narrow Escape
Stoneskin Armor
Half-Orc Resilience
Goblin Stompers
Second Wind
USED Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Chromatic Orb
Moon and the Stars
Staggering Blast
USED Deep Shroud
USED Chaotic Defense
Luckblade Dagger
Diamond Cincture

2x potion of healing
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
GM: I messed up some of the HP, sorry I think they all should be correct now under the sblock (I forgot the 5THP I believe), let me know if they are not.

I think Sir ExSixTen gets to attack biter 4 for gnawing on Jax.

Also Biter 1 saved vs falling to its doom in the pit, but Biter 3 failed the AC save .

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
SIR EXSIXTEN IS NOT FOR PUBLIC CONSUMPTION!Sir Exsixten bellows, hammering repeatedly on the two Goblins that are latched onto his legs. I HAVE A GIANT SKELETON HAG WITCH FIEND DEMON SORCERESS LADY TO SMITE.

OOC: Theoretically, Sir Exsixten should have shifted into Jax's space and used Guardian's Counter. That messes everything up though, so I'll us Combat Challenge Instead.
The Skeleton also had -1 to AC (save ends): Here's his save for you: 1d20=7, failed even if he's an elite.

Edit: returning to finish this turn now that work is over, I don't know if Sir Exsixten would get his Combat Challenge attack or not. If it isn't, Biter 4 doesn't take the 14 damage and Sir Exsixten is at 76/82hp instead of 81.

Quick Round Summary
:
*Biter 2 takes 29 damage(+2 if bloodied at the start of his turn, +2 more if Sir Exsixten still has THP at the start of his turn), is marked, and has -1 to AC(save ends).
*Biter 3 takes 30 damage(+2 if bloodied at the start of his turn, +2 more if Sir Exsixten still has THP at the start of his turn), is marked, and now has -2 to AC(save ends).
*Biter 4 takes 14 damage and is marked.
*Sir Exsixten is at 11 THP and 81hp and +3 defenses(+2 Second Wind, +1 encounter buff).
*Guardian's Counter is still primed if an ally is attacked within 2 of him.

[sblock=Actions]Before Turn: Combat Challenge(when Biter 4 attacks Jax): MBA: 1d20+15=26 AC, hit, Biter 4 takes 14 damage, -1 to AC (save ends), and Sir Exsixten gains 5 THP.
Start of Turn: Take 10 ongoing damage to 0 THP and 23/82 HP. At the end of his turn, Biter 4 gets a save vs the -1 AC penalty: 1d20=14, saved.
Minor: Warforged Resolve - Sir Exsixten heals 7 hp to 30hp and gains 7 THP.
Move->Minor: Rain of Steel: Any creature that starts its turn adjacent to Sir Exsixten takes 1d12+3 damage (+2 more if he has THP, +2 more if the creature is bloodied)
Standard: Hack and Hew:
*Attack 1: 1d20+15=31 AC vs Biter 2, hit, 1d12+10+2(THP)=20 damage, marked, Sir Exsixten gains 11 THP.
*Attack 2: 1d20+15=27 AC vs Biter 3, hit, 1d12+10+2(THP)=19 damage, marked.
AP: Second Wind + Amulet of Life + Quagmire's Presence: Sir Exsixten spends 2 surges and regains 51hp to 81/82 and has +2 defenses TsnT.
Start of Biter's Turns: Biter 2 and 3 take 1d12+3(+2 if still THP then, +2 if Biter bloodied): 1d12+3=9 vs Biter 2(don't know why it rolled twice), 11 vs Biter 3

Immediate Actions
(in order of priority):
Guardian's Counter(Immediate Interrupt): If an ally within 2 is hit by an that doesn't include Sir Exsixten, they shift into eachother's squares and Sir Exsixten becomes the target of the attack. He makes an MBA against the target after the attack is resolved - he won't use this if he won't get an MBA out of it.
Combat Challenge(Immediate Interrupt): If an enemy marked by Sir Exsixten makes and attack that doesn't include him, he makes an MBA against it.

Status Effects
: +2 defenses, +1 defenses, grabbed, slowed, ongoing 10 damage (escape ends all), Rain of Steel

[sblock=Statblock]Sir Exsixten, Male Warforged Fighter 8
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 18
AC: 25(28), Fort:24(27), Reflex:20(23), Will:20(23) -- Speed:5
HP:11+81/82, Bloodied:40, Surge Value:20, Surges left:11/14
Initiative +5, Action Points: 0

Powers: Crushing Surge, Brash Strike, Combat Challenge, Hack and Hew, Sweeping Blow, Come and Get It, Guardian's Counter, Daring Shot, Warforged Resolve, Second Wind, Comeback Strike, Rain of Steel, Boundless Endurance
Items: Delver's Light, Potion of Healing x 2, Potion of Resistance x 1, Amulet of Life, Dwarven Thrower, Restful Bedroll

MBA
: +15(+17 OA) vs. AC, 1d12+10 damage and enemy movement is stopped(OA) and Sir Exsixten gains 5 temporary hitpoints.
RBA: 6/12, +14 vs AC, 1d12+7 damage.

Notes: *Enemies hit take cumulative -1 to AC(save ends). *Gain 5 THP on healing surge. *Reroll the first 1 on damage rolls. *+2 damage with THP. *+2 damage vs bloodied enemies.[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: Theoretically, Sir Exsixten should have shifted into Jax's space and used Guardian's Counter. That messes everything up though, so I'll us Combat Challenge Instead.
OOC:
GM: I think it would not trigger, since Jax takes damage automatically and it says if the ally is hit by an attack. That is what ran through my head anyway, I could be mistaken.

Fluff wise it would be strange for Sir ExSixTen to be rushing in and being bitten by something chewing on Jax... but this is Sir ExSixTen we are talking about ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases