• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) A Tidy Profit... [Judge: Uriel]

Scorpio

First Post
D'Artagnon looks even more flustered.
"This is ridiculous. I don't care if everyone goes, or if I go myself, whatever! But it need to be done with haste, and quiet!"
With that he turns to the cabin door to look at the locks.

silentspace

First Post
OOC: As far as I can see, there's no way anyone would join up with D'Artagnan and Gurian. Besides a brief mention of how they've been accused of something they didn't do, and a mention that they might need help 'beating' three others, they've done and said nothing to encourage three passersby to join up with them, or even to simply convince them of their goodwill. They're not acting remotely like people who might be looking for help. Therefore...

To D'Artagnan and Gurian, Atella says "Well then, good luck and farewell then."

Too bad. I'm pretty handy with locks too.

Atella heads back to the Red Dragon Inn.

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Scorpio said:
With that he turns to the cabin door to look at the locks.

They are definitely locks, and they are definitely locked.

silentspace said:

As Atella turns to leave, he catches a glimpse of a lantern in an alley at the far end of the dock. As soon as he notices it, however, the light winks out. It happened so suddenly that he's hardly certain he actually saw the flicker of light. He can vaguely make out movement in the shadows near the alley, but it could just be the faint after-images from the mysterious flash of light.

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
silentspace said:

"Well, Haisi, it looks like that's settled. We're done here." Jo turns to follow Atella out of the docks area, Haisi flying above them.

(OOC: I assume Jo sees the same flicker as Atella. Tell me if otherwise.)

Jo does not at first suppose that the light has anything to do with him.

Scorpio

First Post
(OOC-What, you guys are leaving? This is RP'ing! "they've done and said nothing to encourage three passersby to join up with them, or even to simply convince them of their goodwill"- Of course not, they are on a boat that is not thiers in the middle of the night! Play along, let's get to something good. I'm RPing a cocky ranger type in D&D- of course he's an a---hole!LOL....until you get to know him! I think Jack has a cool game here...so don't leave yet...:))

Last edited:

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Scorpio said:
(OOC-What, you guys are leaving? This is RP'ing! "they've done and said nothing to encourage three passersby to join up with them, or even to simply convince them of their goodwill"- Of course not, they are on a boat that is not thiers in the middle of the night! Play along, let's get to something good. I'm RPing a cocky ranger type in D&D- of course he's an a---hole!LOL....until you get to know him! I think Jack has a cool game here...so don't leave yet...:))

OOC: I'll say it again... Relax. Trust me.

orsal

LEW Judge
Ooc

Scorpio said:
(OOC-What, you guys are leaving? This is RP'ing! "they've done and said nothing to encourage three passersby to join up with them, or even to simply convince them of their goodwill"- Of course not, they are on a boat that is not thiers in the middle of the night! Play along, let's get to something good. I'm RPing a cocky ranger type in D&D- of course he's an a---hole!LOL....until you get to know him!

Of course, just as I'm playing a cautious character who doesn't plunge into dangerous situations he doesn't understand which he knows he doesn't understand. I'm not blaming you for D'Artagnon's personality; you shouldn't blame me for Jo's.

Scorpio said:
I think Jack has a cool game here...so don't leave yet...:))

I don't think it matters whether we decide to leave... we're about to get waylaid. B-)}

silentspace

First Post
Scorpio said:

OOC: Uhh... we're RPing too? Are you saying if your character were in the same situation he would think "We'll, he's an a--hole, but that's ok! Sure, I'll go down alone into a constricted space with him, doesn't matter if he's wanted by the authorities! He's probably just a cocky ranger type, so no explanations necessary! I'm sure he'll be cool once I get to know him!" I don't think so! :D

In a low voice, Atella says "Jo, I think there's an ambush in that dark alley up ahead. I say we slip casually into the darkness between the lanterns and wait. What say you?"

orsal

LEW Judge
silentspace said:
In a low voice, Atella says "Jo, I think there's an ambush in that dark alley up ahead. I say we slip casually into the darkness between the lanterns and wait. What say you?"

"OK", Jo whispers. He moves his hand toward his spear, so he could wield it quickly if needed, and follows Atella.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads