• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) A Tidy Profit... [Judge: Uriel]

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Atella and D'Artagnon return on deck with the scrap of parchment to find the others waiting for them. The locks to the doors of the cabins are still locked.

OCC: Which cabin would you like to try first? Left or right?

Jack Haggerty

First Post
No obvious alarms or traps present themselves on the cabin door or lock, so Atella sets to work...

The lock on the cabin door is of far higher quality than the padlock that barred the hatch to the hold. At the same time, it much better taken care of... well-oiled, and oft used. Nevertheless, Atella requires several minutes of fiddling with his lockpicks before the lock unlatches and the door swings open.

The interior of the cabin presents a small cot and straw mattress nailed down to the deck to one side, with a pair of sea chests secured beneath. Along the opposite wall sits a low desk and chair alongside a tall cabinet. A candle, inkpot and quill sit atop the desk. The aft bulkhead contains a small windowed porthole. An unlit lantern hangs from a hook in the ceiling.

Scorpio

First Post
D'Artagnon sets about searching the desk area, looking for anything that might be 'related' to the map found below. He is being careful, though, to keep things fairly neat and orderly.(He still has a torch lit, and is watching it's position)
"Um, Atella? Is that lock still usable? If we close up the cabin, can we re-lock it?"

Last edited:

Jack Haggerty

First Post
The desk seems to be just that... A writing desk. It has no shelves or drawers, and aside form the quill, ink and candle contains no other objects.

The cabinet next to the desk has a lock set into its doors, but it is not currently locked. Inside the cabinet are an extensive set of naval navigational tools... A pair of sextants, a spyglass, a compass, several astrolabes, and an armful of neatly folded charts and a stack of leather-bound logbooks.

silentspace

First Post
"These might have some value to us..." Atella pockets the spyglass, compass, sextants and astrolabes. Then he'll start going through the charts and logbooks.

Scorpio

First Post
"Someplace in those charts might match up with that map too..I'm no expert, but they are just maps...;)"
D'Artagnon stops a second.
"You know, Atella, we just might need this this boat, and everything in it, to get to where this 'map' is....."

silentspace

First Post
Scorpio said:
"Someplace in those charts might match up with that map too..I'm no expert, but they are just maps...;)"
D'Artagnon stops a second.
"You know, Atella, we just might need this this boat, and everything in it, to get to where this 'map' is....."

"I've been wondering the same thing. What options are open to us? Perhaps we could negotiate with either Captain Word or the people who are looking for you, but I'm not exactly sure how. Using the boat seems like a better option, doesn't it? It's hard to negotiate with people who are hunting you or trying to kill you! And since this boat's owner appears to be dead, who would notice? But do we have the skill and manpower to sail the boat? Maybe if we find enough loot aboard we can hire sailors, and escape our pursuers..."

"Either way, let's finishing searching the ship first, it may lead us to discover more options."

Scorpio

First Post
D'Artagnon continues to shuffle through the cabin, looking under furniture, etc. [OOC-there's just one cabin,right? And one Hold?]
"Yea...that's what I was thinking of earlier. I was in the calvary, I don't know much about sailing. But I do know it's bound to be dawn soon, and we won't have the dock to ourselves anymore, if we ever did."

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Scorpio said:
[OOC-there's just one cabin,right? And one Hold?]

OOC: There's a second cabin, but no other holds.

The maps and charts detail the local coastlines around Orussus, and few other more exotic locales that you've never heard of before. One large chart even bears a beautifully detailed and illuminated map of the entirety of Enworld ( :p ).

The logbooks contain years upon years worth of weather reports, cargo manifests, passenger lists, bills of expense and course plans... The everyday accounts of a typical sailor.

Beneath the cot, one sea chest is packed with neatly folded clothing hailing from every known culture and designed for every known climate. The other sea chest is locked.

Remove ads