• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure Across Khorvaire - Reflections

pathfinderq1

First Post
I've got a couple of ideas that might work for this one. I'll post the basic concepts- let me know if either one sounds interesting or workable.

1. Kendrin d'Kundarak: Dwarven scholar and trap-focused rogue; aiming for the Silver Key PrC from Dragonmarked. He would be a student at the university- probably taking the Education feat for 1st level. A crafter and a scholar by nature, he has become more and more interested in exploring the ruins of past ages, and he is looking to undertake some practical field work in hopes of someday joining the elite order of his House. Role: traps and locks rogue/missile support/skill monkey

2. Sven: Human war orphan, carrying the dark secret of an aberrant mark. He has heard the stories of how such marks can drive you mad or destroy their bearers, and he has sought refuge in the focused meditation and physical training of a monk. He has been working at the university in return for taking classes. Planned advancement as pure monk, with the aberrant dragonmark feat chain from Dragonmarked. ROLE: light melee/scout

Velmont

First Post
I'll go with concept one, an elven rogue spy type who will go for the Dragonmark Heir PrC. I'll devellop more his background and stats later. Here a rough draft of what I am thinking about actually.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Yar, Treb's been a warforged warmage.

In hindsight, I'm not sure that's the best way to do him though. Warmages are so -limited-. I could just as easily make him a warlock. Or I could pay to have his armor enchanted with the Twilight modifier and make him an artillery sorceror.

I am unsure. I do like how many blasties warmages have, but at early levels their lack of defensive and utility options really hurt them, it seems like.

Starman

Adventurer
Mista Collins said:
I like the character concept. In all the games I have run, I have only had one character be a paladin and he only lasted one session. The paladin is a champion of justice and destroyer of evil, someone who demonstrates and embodies goodness and law. To me, the paladin's Code of Conduct isn't overly strict, but is something that must be adhered to. Maybe a questionable act would be allowed in the name of the greater good, but there would have to be a very good reason. As long as the character is roleplayed with the idea of acting with honor, protecting the innocent and helping those in need, I am sure there will not be any problems.

Cool. That's about how I've always imagined it. I've played a paladin with a couple of DMs who had really, uh, different perceptions.

DM: "You can't run away! That's against your code."
Me: "It's a Great Wyrm and I'm third level."

Or...

Me: "I smile at her, and in a friendly tone ask her if she knows anything about X"
DM: "You're not having impure thoughts about her, are you?
Me: "No! I'm being friendly because that's my nature and I want her to help us!"

So, I always like to make sure the DM and I are on the same wavelength when it comes to paladins before I play one. I'll put up some stats today or tomorrow. And then assuming, I'm picked, this is the character I'd like to play.

Starman

Adventurer
Shayuri said:
I am unsure. I do like how many blasties warmages have, but at early levels their lack of defensive and utility options really hurt them, it seems like.

"The best defense is a good offense. You know who said that? Mel, the cook on Alice." :p

Atanatotatos

First Post
This is more or less the character I'd like to play. I'm not fixated on a particular class, but i'd like to keep a similar background. I'd also like to know if you book list is rigid or you are willing to allow feats or more importantly spells on a case-by-case basis... let me know what you think, I can change and adapt if you want.I willbe able to post usually several times a day, i hope.

Iyan,Male Human
Sorcerer 1

Str: 10 (2pts)
Dex: 12 (4pts)
Con: 12 (4pts)
Int: 12 (4pts)
Wis: 10 (2pts)
Cha: 18 (16pts)

Feats: Able Learner (I know Races of Destiny is not allowed, but this simple little feat would do myracles for my concept, though being ardly gamebreaking for a sorcerer... do you think it's possible?), Eschew Materials

Skills: Bluff 3, Concentration 2, Diplomacy 2, Gather Information 1, Knowledge(Arcana) 1, Knowledge (Local) 2,Profession(Gambler) 2, Sense motive 2, Spellcraft 1

Spells: undecided. mostly enchantments/debuffs/control. would like a Telepathy-detecting thoughts combination (via first level of mindbender) and such. ranks in UMD for utility if necessary.

Iyan was born and has (mostly) lived in the Fallen, one of the worst districts of Sharn. He lost his parents when he was a kid, and not even longer remembers his last name: not that it would do any good, in the lowest slum of the city. He is known as Iyan the RedEyed, or the LuckyHand. The first nickname is due to a faint sparkle of red in his otherwise plain brown eyes; many find this feature quite disturbing, the ladies don't, however. He owes his "lucky" name to his well-known luck with the dices: while not being a gambling talent as there are others, he is not above"helping" his luck with the dices with a mage hand spell, hiding the verbal and somatic components of the cantrip behind a now widely known "lucky prayer to the Traveler". While not of evil nature, Iyan only cares for himself,Ayla and Nolan, his only two friends, who he grew up with in the streets. Ayla is a beautiful girl, who has
unfortunately beared since childhood an aberrant mark on her left cheek, while Nolan is a male changeling. The two were, in effect, the only two kids . . . knew that were more outcast than him. He also bears some love-though he would not admit it- for Faela, priestess of the Silver Flame in Fallen, a sort of an outcast herself, who greatly helped the three kids to survive the harsh environment they were in, and provided Iyan with some sort o education (at least he can read and count). In his teens,has been a small fry in a criminal organization, the Boromar Clan,together with Nolan, but he was later convinced by Ayla and Faela to leave it when Nolan shifted his allegiance to the Tyrants. While his powers have started developing quite a few years ago, Iyan has never considered them a blessing, and only now, as a 21 years old, is seriuously trying to study and augment them, hence his growing interest in the legends about the Shadow, which is lately a god he finds almost as appealing as the Traveler.Iyan is presently gathering information and trying to infiltrate Morgrave University: Ayla has recently disappeared after agreeing to meet a scholar interested in studying her aberrant dragonmark. Thanks to his "charme", it lookslike Iyan will be able to partecipate to a lecture in a few days...

Again, sorry for my probably poor English

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
I would be interested in getting back into PBPing, and Eberron is always my favorite.

I would love to play a Talenta halfling gypsy/mystic of some variety that has come to Morgrave because some super-natural force"told" him to-he's come for access to ancient mystic texts and connections to reclaim/search out ancient objects of mystic power to serve his ancient ancestor's mysterious goals.

Class-wise, I could make this character a Warlock, Wizard, Sorcerer, or Spirit Shaman--I could also probably work out a Bard, Cleric, Favored Soul, or Druid if needed.

As a Warlock he would be in contact with a dark ancestor spirit that speaks to him in dreams and grants him dark mystic powers.

As a Wizard or Sorcerer he would talk to "Grandfather", the Raven familiar that has been sent to him. He'd probably specialize in Necromancy or Divination.

As a Spirit-Shaman, his spirit-guide would also be "Grandfather"-and give him advice.

I would play him as a slightly off-kilter mystic who always acts mysteriously and can do some fortune-telling here and there.

Ellias

First Post
Hi, this would be my first time playing a D&D game, but I have had an interest for years, so don't write me off too quickly. I'm interesting in playing a Soul Knife, preferably a Xeph, but if thats not an allowed race I can be an elf. Could then be someone who has come to the University to understand more about his abilities, and is interested in listening to the lecture.

nick012000

First Post
[SBLOCK=Stats]
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Kamarna'darak
[B]Class:[/B] Artificer 1
[B]Race:[/B] Human
[B]Region of Origin:[/b] Breland
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] Lawful Neutral
[B]Action Points:[/B] 5
[B]House:[/B] Tharashk
[B]Diety:[/B] Kol Korran, Olladra, Onatar, The Traveller

[B]Str:[/B] 10 +0 ( 2p.)	[B]Level:[/B] 1		[B]XP[/B]: 0
[B]Dex:[/B] 14 +2 ( 6p.)	[B]BAB:[/B] +0			[B]HP:[/B] 7 (1d6+1)
[B]Con:[/B] 12 +1 ( 4p.)	[B]Grapple:[/B] +0	
[B]Int:[/B] 16 +3 ( 10p.)	[B]Speed:[/B] 20' (30' base)	[B]Stat Increases:[/b]
[B]Wis:[/B] 8 -1 ( 0p.)	[B]Init:[/B] +2		[B]Spell Save:[/B] XX
[B]Cha:[/B] 16 +3 ( 10p.)	[B]ACP:[/B] -3			[B]Spell Fail:[/B] X%

[B]	Base	Armor	Shld	Dex	Size	Nat	Misc	Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]	10	+4	+0	+2	+0	+0	+0	16
[B]Touch:[/B]	12	[B]Flatfooted:[/B] 14

[B]Spell Res:[/B] None
[B]Dmg Red:[/B] None

[B]	Total	Base	Mod	Misc[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]	+1	+0	+1	--
[B]Ref:[/B]	+2	+0	+2	--
[B]Will:[/B]	+1	+1	-1	--
[B]Notes:[/B]

[B]Weapon			Attack	Damage	Critical	Range[/B]
Light Crossbow		+2	1d8	19-20/x2	80 ft
Morningstar		+0	1d8	20/x2		-----

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Draconic, Giant, Goblinoid

[B]Abilities:[/B]
Bonus skill
Bonus Feat

Trapfinding
Artificer Knowledge (+4)
Artificer Infusions (3/-/-/-/-/-)
Craft Reserve: 17 XP remaining
Artisan Bonus (+2 to UMD checks to activate scrolls)
Item Creation

[B]Feats: [/B] Skill Focus (Use Magic Device), Extraordinary Artisan, Scribe Scroll

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 32	[B]Max Ranks:[/B] 4/2
[B]Skills			Total	Ranks	Mod 	Misc[/B]
Concentration	 	 5	 4	 1	--
Disable Device		 7	 4	 3	--
Knowledge (Arcana)	 7	 4	 3	--
Knowledge (A&E)		 6	 3	 3	--
Knowledge (The Planes)	 4	 1	 3	--
Open Lock 		 6	 4	 2	--
Spellcraft		  7	 4	 3	--
Search			 7	 4	 3	--
Use Magic Device	 10	 4	 3	3

[B]Equipment:		Cost	Weight[/B]
Scale Mail		50gp	30lb
Light Crossbow		35gp	4lb
Quiver (10 bolts)	1gp	1lb
Morningstar		8gp	6lb
Backpack		2gp	2lb
Resilient ID Papers	3gp	--
Belt Pouches (x2)	2gp	1lb
Spell Component Pouch	5gp	3lb
Theives' Tools		30gp	1lb
Scroll of Comp. Lang.	6.25gp	--
Scroll of Faerie Fire	6.25gp	--
Scroll of Feather Fall	6.25gp	--

[B]Total Weight:[/B]48lb	[B]Money:[/B] 4gp 2sp 5cp

[B]		Lgt	Med	Hvy	Lift	Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]	33	66	100	200	500

[B]Age:[/B] 20
[B]Height:[/B] 6'0"
[B]Weight:[/B] 190 lbs.
[B]Eyes:[/B] Blue
[B]Hair:[/B] Brown
[B]Skin:[/B] Pale

Appearance: Kamarna'darak is a thin, young human man. His brown hair is worn fairly long, and he continually brushes it out of his eyes (occasionally occumpanied by muttering that he needs to get it cut). He dresses in practical, leather clothes, and his belt is laden with multiple pouches. If he expects combat, he dons a suit of scale mail, and has a morningstar slung from his belt, and a crossbow and quiver of arrows slung over his shoulders.

Personality: Kamarna'darak is quite confident in his intelligence. Not only has he completed a course of study on the manipulation of raw magic (a rare thing in itself), he did so with high marks and while he can only scribe scrolls at the moment, he is confident his abilities will improve with more practical experience. However, he is a bit absent minded and can get overly engrossed in his work, as is evidenced by the stubble that often graces his chin, his unkempt hair, and the thin frame that results from the occasional forgotten meal. He also has a slight tendency to express himself in sentence fragments or single words when his mind starts working faster than his mouth.

Background: Kamarna'darak was raised in a fairly typical family, despite his dragonblooded heritage. His father was an inquisitive, and his mother was a seamstress. They made a decent living in the Oakbridge District of Sharn, and he showed his intelligence at an early age in the local school. At the age of 16, he enrolled in Morgrave University, and has recently completed his degree in Magical Artifice there, with an emphasis on the artifice of the Giant ruins of Xen'drik and the Dhakaani Empire. He hopes to put his newly-earned degree to use in one of the university's famous feild expeditions soon.

[Sblock=Logs]
XP log:
XXXX from

Wealth and Craft log:
XXX gp, X sp from
Paid XXX for
Sold XXX for
Crafted XXX for

Other log:
XXXX from
[/sblock]

Last edited: