• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure Across Khorvaire - Reflections

Mista Collins

First Post
It doesn’t happen often on the Wroat campus of Morgrave University, but it is always an exciting day when you get the opportunity to sit in on and listen to a Thunder Guide speak, and this afternoon is no different. Sir Montlero ir”Grithop, a Thunder Guide who has traveled across Khorvaire, will be speaking about the intricacies and difficulties of dealing with the Sahuagin during his various excursions to Xen’Drik.

Meeting with a group of your peers in the dormitories, you decide to head to the lecture together. Nothing could ruin a day like this…

Adventure Across Khorvaire
Chapter 1: Reflections
In-Character Thread: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=221177
Out-of-Character Thread: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=219775&page=1
Rogues Gallery: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=220488

The Adventurers
Saellin d'Thuranni – Elven Rogue1 – played by Velmont
Trebuchet – Warforged <insert arcane caster type>1 – played by Shayuri
Se’ket – Human Druid1 – played by Isida Kep’Tukari
Kamarna'darak – Human Artificer1 – played by nick012000
Sven – human fighter1 – played by pathfinderg1
Drigge – Human Paladin1 – played by Starman

Posting:
I work during the day and do not have access to this site. Most of my posting will be done in the evenings (6pm-10pm EST). I am going to try and post at least once per day during the week and might make a post on the weekend. If it comes to combat situations, if a player has not responded within 48 hours of my last post, he/she will be NPC’ed for the round. I want to keep the flow of this game going. I will resolve all dice rolls using invisible castle, allowing the rest of you to focus on creating imaginative and flavorful posts.

Combat: (copied from Thanee-hope you don't mind) :)
I will be using a different thread for combat situations/declarations.
Thanee said:
Whenever the game moves into combat rounds, I will put up a link to it. In this thread, instead of the IC-thread, you can then describe your actions for the next round. Your combat declaration should include a visual description (like an IC-post) of the action, which I can copy over to the combat resolution post in the IC-thread, probably with some modifications to put it into context. Since I will roll all dice when the combat round gets resolved, you should not include the result of your actions in the description, if it depends on a dice roll, which you cannot know about at that point. Furthermore, the post should include what actions your character takes below the description, for example...

Free Action: Drop bow
Move Action: Move to <space> and draw sword
Standard Action: Attack <target>
Abbreviations (like FA, MA, SA, FRA) can certainly be used.

In some cases it might be a good idea to give alternate actions depending on certain events, which you are still uncertain about. Please consider the declared actions of your fellow players, when you post yours (you can ignore initiative order in this context, that means, if you see that player #1, whose character is acting after yours, is attacking monster A, then you could also attack monster A, moving into flanking position, for example, for support). This is specifically not considered metagaming (but rather an aid to better be able to cooperate, given that you do not know the outcome of the actions happening before your turn, it's just a fair compensation).

I prefer combat to go quick, so if possible one combat round per day (at most one round per two days) would be good. If you know, that it is likely you cannot keep up at some point, posting a course of action in advance, which I can use as a guideline then, could work as well. If necessary, I will delay or control your characters to speed things up.

[sblock=Character submission info]
Character Selection:
I am looking for about 5 players. This is not going to be a first-come, first-serve basis. I am looking for a group of people who have an interest in the Eberron Campaign setting and create characters with flavorful backgrounds. I'm looking for a good group of players/characters who mesh well with each other.

Starting level: 1st level
Ability Scores: 32-point buy
Starting Gold: 160 gp
HP: Max at 1st
Races: Humans, Dwarves, Elves, Gnomes, Half-elves, Half-orcs, Halflings, Warforged, Shifters, Changlelings, Kalashtar, and Goblin
Ability Scores: 32 point-buy
Background: Tied into Morgrave University in some fashion.

Material Allowed:
Player’s Handbook 3.5
Dungeon Master’s Guide 3.5
Monster Manual 3.5
Player's Handbook II
Dungeon Master's Guide II
Magic Item Compendium
Complete Warrior
Complete Divine
Complete Adventurer
Complete Arcane
Expanded Psionics Handbook
Complete Psionic
Eberron Campaign Setting
Dragonmarked
Explorer’s Handbook
Faiths of Eberron
Five Nations
Magic of Eberron
Player’s Guide to Eberron
Races of Eberron
Secrets of Xen’Drik
Sharn: City of Towers
The Forge of War

Character Submissions:
Iyan – Human Sorcerer1 (or Beguilder1) – submitted by Atanatotatos
Saellin d'Thuranni – Elven Rogue1 – submitted by Velmont
Manister d'Orien – Human Ranger1 – submitted by Velmont
Drigge – Human Paladin1 – submitted by Starman
Trebuchet – Warforged <insert arcane caster type>1 – submitted by Shayuri
Ash Naperro – Human Warlock1 – submitted by Douane
Sven – human fighter1 – submitted by pathfinderg1
________ - Halfling Spirit-Shaman1 – submitted by ShaggySpellsword
Kamarna'darak – Human Artificer1 – submitted by nick012000
________ - Elf Soulknife1 – submitted by Ellias
Se’ket – Human Druid1 – submitted by Isida Kep’Tukari
Sinon – Human Fighter1 – submitted by Drowned Hero
Shar Blazeclaw - Shifter Soulknife1 - GammaPaladin[/sblock]

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
i would be interested... should i post a character profile here, or pm you? email maybe?
I also believe I have to say that this would be my first pbp experience, and that english is not my mother tongue (meaning that my vocabulary may be poor at times) in case this is an issue for you.

Velmont

First Post
I would be interested. I think you've seen me enough with DEFCON1 game to see my style of play. Here a few concept that would interest me:

1) This character is member of an house. He has been suggested by his house to join the university in hope to learn a few things bout Xen'drick continent. The idea to find a source of Sibery shard is attracting his house but doesn't put too much hope in this source of information, so they have sent a green to keep them informed.

House that interest me: Deneith, Jorasco, Orien, Phiarlan, Thuranni. Maybe you have a house that would fit the best your story or the party. The race will depend on the house, the class will come after.

2) This independent is a marked with an aberant mark. He has join the univesity in hope to flee his world who has turned bad since he got his mark and maybe find an expedition to Xen'drik. He has accepted it (a bit like Ari in DEFCON1 games) but prefers to keep it his little secret, and most likely he will hide his mark under other type of power (an arcane spellcaster of some sort: Duskbalde, Hexblade, Spellthief, Sorcerer...)

3) A Shifter who has just return form a failed expidition of an member of the university. He has been engaged as a guide into the unknown, but the expition has never reach teh coast of Xen'drik, because of the ship have been damaged in a tempest and had to return to Sharn. He has been wandering around the University for a few days, waiting for a new expedition that has been promised but now he doubt he will be part of.

4) This Divine Mind has been a fervant follower of Olladra. Having heard rumor of Xen'drik, he hopes ot find fortune that would allow him to have a few decades of rest in a large house where he would be able to throw some feast and party in the name of his patron god.

5) This Changelling Warlock has been engaged by a rival of the University to spy on them and report on the activities. He has been himself not interested to do so, but his employeer his pulling some string that he can't ignore.

Tell me which concept fits more your idea of campaign. If many fits, let's just see which one will fit better with the other members of the group. We can start to speak about one to devellop it better.

Starman

Adventurer
I would love to be a part of an Eberron campaign.

My first character idea would be, Drigge, a human Paladin of the Silver Flame. He grew up on the streets of Sharn not knowing his parents. When he was seven, he was poking around Morgrave University and caught the attention of one Professor Vingingale, a cantankerous half-elf who found himself charmed by the youth. Drigge began spending a lot of time at the University, mostly because he could get something to eat and occasionally a place to sleep, though he also enjoyed reading some of the books he could get his hands on, especially any about adventurers. One book changed his life, though; it was about the Church of the Silver Flame. After seeing many horrific evils growing up on the streets, Drigge was mesmerized by the idea of an organization dedicated to thwarting evil. He decided to become a Paladin in the service of the church. Vingingale was disappointed because he had hoped Drigge would become a professor at the University, but he understood and gave Drigge his blessing.

Shortly before he left for his training, a man approached Drigge one day. He was hooded and had a low gravely voice. The man said, "Drigge?" When the boy nodded, the man handed him a small scrap of paper and said, "Your father wanted you to have this." Without another word, the man turned and walked off. Drigge tried to catch him, but the man seemed to have just disappeared. Examining the piece of paper, Drigge saw that it seemed to have a crude map as well as some indecipherable writing. Vingingale said he thought the map appeared to be a location within the Demon Wastes, but that the writing must be some sort of code that he could not figure out without more time.

Unfortunately, Drigge did not have the time because he was leaving in two days for his Paladin training. He has recently completed this, though, and is anxious to not only begin his service in the world, but also to possibly find out more about the writing on the mysterious piece of paper.

My only question, MC, before I would go farther with this character is: what exactly is your perception of the Paladin? How do you view their code? How strict is it?

Shayuri

First Post
Noooo

Nooooooo

I'm in too many games...mustn't...give in...

But...I could try Trebuchet again. His games always die so fast. Maybe this is the one...

Curse yooouuuu, Mista Collins!

:)

Mista Collins

First Post
Atanatotatos said:
i would be interested... should i post a character profile here, or pm you? email maybe?
I also believe I have to say that this would be my first pbp experience, and that english is not my mother tongue (meaning that my vocabulary may be poor at times) in case this is an issue for you.
Feel free to post a character concept. All are welcome to do so.

Mista Collins

First Post
Velmont said:
Tell me which concept fits more your idea of campaign. If many fits, let's just see which one will fit better with the other members of the group. We can start to speak about one to devellop it better.
Any of those concepts would work well, Velmont. I like them all. I really like the first and last idea, because they tie in an organization other than Morgrave that would allow for some interesting hooks or roleplaying situations.

But don't feel obligated to focus your characters backstory or goals on Xen'Drik, because there is a good chance they might not end up there for quite sometime. :)

Mista Collins

First Post
Starman said:
My only question, MC, before I would go farther with this character is: what exactly is your perception of the Paladin? How do you view their code? How strict is it?

I like the character concept. In all the games I have run, I have only had one character be a paladin and he only lasted one session. The paladin is a champion of justice and destroyer of evil, someone who demonstrates and embodies goodness and law. To me, the paladin's Code of Conduct isn't overly strict, but is something that must be adhered to. Maybe a questionable act would be allowed in the name of the greater good, but there would have to be a very good reason. As long as the character is roleplayed with the idea of acting with honor, protecting the innocent and helping those in need, I am sure there will not be any problems.

Douane

First Post
Ash Naperro, Human Warlock:

Ash Naperro is the wayward son of Professor Arkadius Naperro, the Primus of Linguistics at the Wroat campus. He might also have been his prodigal son had the 12-year-old not stood before his door five years ago, reminding the Professor of a field study he had been part of 13 winters ago and a certain druidess he had "met" back then.

Since that fateful day Professor Naperro has tried to become the father he never wanted to be and Ash ... has enjoyed his new life to the the fullest. Both father and son are not totally clear on why his mother sent him away so suddenly, but Ash at least doesn't really care as he found the city life much more to his liking than a lonely hut in the woods and a severe taskmaster in form of his mother. Being the son of a staff member has afforded him some extra liberties around the campus and Ash has shamelessly exploited them all - his attempts to organize a "recreative chemical" distribution or to cut in on the antiquities trade have not been well received by the powers that, however. So far his father has managed to shield him from the repercussions of his actions but the Professor's patience grows thinner every day. Since assuming fatherhood was always more a matter of responsibility than of parental love for Arkadius Naperro, he is slowly coming to the conclusion that Ash, now being an adult, has to start living on his own feet. In fact, little does Ash know that the Professor has considered for some time now kicking him out once a suitable opportunity arises.

Ash's unusual abilities have been put down to his mother's heritage by the Professor as he can not (or doesn't want to) recall any similar incidents in his own family line. Ash himself isn't particularly interested where his powers come, he has accepted them as a natural part of his very being - even if others don't - and wastes no thoughts on their origin - in fact, after witnessing some of the sights his mothers had shown him he doesn't even find them that strange. At the same time this also lead to him not improving substantially on his powers despite having them throughout most of his youth as he never tried to push them to their limits and beyond in order to learn their full extent, but simply used them for their utility value.

Personality-wise Ash is something of a restless soul. His life over the past few years has been fun and really made up for the harsh circumstances of his childhood, but lately something seems to be missing. Left with the feeling of already having done everything there is to do at the University, Ash has started to attend lectures a bit more earnestly, for once without the sole intention of picking up female students or to plan some sort of mischief. Nevertheless, actually taking that final step and leave his present life behind has put been put off more than once by him for Ash likes to have a certain degree of creature comforts around and is lazy to boot.

An eternal optimist to the core, his constant cheerfulness has been known to grate on the nerves of those of different temperaments (aided by a wisecrack here and there). Always quick to laugh, Ash refuses to let anything get him down for long. The one notable exception to all this is his name which he is kind of sensitive about: Having resisted his father's repeated attempts to change it into a "proper" Naperro name, ie. "Arkadius II.", there is nothing that can enrage him more than having someone draw the false connection that, based on his name and his mother being a druid, they have to be pretty devoted Ashbounds.Despite being rather charismatic and having developed notable social skills, Ash has no overt desire to be a leader and stand in the center of attention, unless it's temporary measure and good for a laugh or two.

Class Advancement: Pure Warlock

Last edited:

Mista Collins

First Post
Shayuri said:
But...I could try Trebuchet again. His games always die so fast. Maybe this is the one...

Curse yooouuuu, Mista Collins!

:)
I do what I can Shayuri. :)

I always thought Treb was a neat character (Warforged Warmage, right?). I think this might be the one...

Remove ads