• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure Across Khorvaire - Reflections

Mista Collins

First Post
Atanatotatos said:
Uhm... I was thinking a plain beguiler would be good too, for my concept...and much simpler, with a lot more survivability at low levels...

The beguiler class would probably work well for your character. As for the Able Learner feat from Races of Destiny, I'm going to say no. I don't have access to the book, thus the reason I am not allowing stuff from that source. And if you go with beguiler, you probably don't need to worry about cross-class skills anyways, as the beguilers class skill list is quite extensive.

Mista Collins

First Post
Ellias said:
Hi, this would be my first time playing a D&D game, but I have had an interest for years, so don't write me off too quickly. I'm interesting in playing a Soul Knife, preferably a Xeph, but if thats not an allowed race I can be an elf. Could then be someone who has come to the University to understand more about his abilities, and is interested in listening to the lecture.

First time players are not a problem. If you'd like to go a little more in depth with your characters background, that would be great. Though it took some consideration, I left most of the psionic races off of the allowed races. You are more than welcome to create the character as an elf though.

Mista Collins

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"Boot to the head!"

Tee hee.

A-hem.

Anyways, Mista Collins, I have a character, a human druid Child of Winter that I made for another campaign that died after about a month. Her backstory directly ties into Morgrave, and though she's not Good, she's also not Evil. I'd have to scale her back, but for your consideration I present Se'ket.

Nice concept Isida. Odviously scaling her back would be required (which you mentioned). Though Sharn makes a better location for your background, the campaign is going to start at the Wroat campus of Morgrave University. Before the game starts we would have to change this up or incorporate a temporary assignment to the Wroat campus. Whatever works for you.

Mista Collins

First Post
Velmont said:
I've finally chosen to work on two background and take th eone that will fit more with teh team and you. It will also depend on how much you want the team to be solid. Seallin will most likely put foward his own ambition and his organisation over the team (which might not conflict either). Manister is more naive and good willed and will be more a team player.

I'd probably suggest Saellin d'Thuranni.

I am not necessarily looking for the team to "fit", but I am going to try and pick a group of characters that cover all aspects of the game. They don't need to know each other very well. The campaign is going to start with all of you meet up before heading on your way to the lecture. Once the players are chosen, I am going to give them the opportunity and time to mesh backstories if they'd like.

Mista Collins

First Post
UPDATE:

I am going to leave the recruitment open until 11:59pm EST Wednesday night. I will be aiming to start the game on Monday March 3rd.

I have added this to the original post, along with a breakdown of those who have showed interest. It looks like I will probably be picking 6 characters, because there are a lot of good ones submitted so far. I didn't think it would be this tough.

GammaPaladin

First Post
Hmm... I've already submitted to join the Forgotten Forge campaign... But... I don't know that I'll get in for sure, and I certainly have enough free time for multiple PbP campaigns, and this one seems like it would run a little faster... Perhaps...

*looks over the thread to see what's been submitted...

2 fighters, a paladin, a warlock, a rogue, a ranger, a sorc, an artificer, and a druid.

Well... There's pretty much already enough there to draw the balanced party from (tank, rogue, healer, blaster), so I guess anything's as open as anything else.

If Velmont is going to play the rogue/Dragonmarked Heir rather than the ranger/blade of orien, perhaps I could play a monk with plans of becoming a blade... That would provide a heck of a battlefield controller...

Otherwise I could work up a kalashtar psion or psywar, though then I'd be playing two psywars at once if I got accepted to both games. On the other hand, they'd end up being rather different characters (Alex, who I submitted for the Forgotten Forge isn't the sort to be attending a lecture at a college ;) )

nick012000

First Post
I personally hope my character and the druid get in; he's likely to alternate between trying to get into her pants and philosophical discussions. As a student of dead civilizations, he's convinced that while a Spring would follow the Winter, it would not be a Spring meant for humans. Just as Galifar followed Dhakaan and Aerenal followed the giant kingdom of Xen'drik, so to would some other species build on the ruins left by Khorvairan society. He's much more of a fan of slow change and social pressure to effect changes for the betterment of society.

Velmont

First Post
Fine, I'll go with Saellin d'Thuranni. I find the first draft of his background more interesting. I'll see if I cannot add a twist or two and explain how he was send to the capital.

GammaPaladin

First Post
I'll work up a monk with aspirations of becoming a Blade of Orien then...

It's too bad the Tome of Battle isn't on the list... Swordsage would make more sense for basing a future Blade of Orien on, but I can work whirling steel strike in somewhere in his progression...

Douane

First Post
Mista Collins,

would the "fey heritage" line of feats be allowed? I kinda built the concept for Ash around them, but I only just saw that Complete Mage isn't on your list of books. Since if not, I'd have to rework my ideas for the PC a good bit.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads