• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure Across Khorvaire - Reflections

Mista Collins

First Post
Goddess FallenAngel said:
On second thought, I better drop out of the running for this one. If I get accepted for the other game I tried for, I won't have much other time, and if I don't - well, I'll just keep looking. :) Have fun, everyone!

Well good luck, Goddess. Watcher looks like a good concept for that group in the other game.

Last edited:

Mista Collins

First Post
Velmont said:
Here my character. I've stated him and added a bit to his background. A note, I've decided to put him Lawful Evil to show that he is loyal to his organization, but when he is not limited in the mean to acheive his goal and that he is more self-centered. It won't prevent him to do good actions, because good action bring friendship that can be used to acheive some goals, but every action will be motivated around himself.

Though I do allow any type of alignment to be used in my games, I do keep a careful eye on characters actions. As long as the self-centered personality doesn't detract from the enjoyment of the game from others, I am 100% fine with this. I like the concept.

Velmont

First Post
Mista Collins said:
Though I do allow any type of alignment to be used in my games, I do keep a careful eye on characters actions. As long as the self-centered personality doesn't detract from the enjoyment of the game from others, I am 100% fine with this. I like the concept.

No, I don't think it will happen. See it more like Ari in DEFCON1 game, but his evilness show the limits he is willing to go. As long as the gain are better then the consequence, an evil action will stay an open option in his mind. He would be willing to take a prisoner in a dark corner and torture him to get the information he want to get from him if it allow to achieve the objective he has. Even better if his companions never learn what truly happen.

But the good side of good action, it is it improved your reputation toward most people, so evil action are possible, but I suspect they will be rare and isolated, because he will no want to alienate his companions (which I suspect there will be many Good among the ranks). It always good to have a team with you, when you get in trouble, they can get you out of it :p (Thinking of Jango and his Daelkyr here)

GammaPaladin

First Post
Argh... Getting frustrated with MAD issues on the whole whirling-steel-strike monk concept... Any chance I can get a houserule to have whirling steel strike apply to rapiers, or, alternatively, apply weapon finesse to a longsword?

[EDIT: Actually, never mind. While the idea of a sword monk/blade of orien is cool, and their abilities would be complimentary, they don't mesh well mechanically, and, ultimately, it's just a dumb idea. I think I'll rethink the concept... Fighter/BoO would be far more effective, but doesn't seem terribly fun... Want to think of something a little flashier to combine it with.]

Last edited:

Mista Collins

First Post
Drowned Hero said:
Any sides of my concept you want to discuss Mista C?

I like the concept. It looks like you might be building him up as an archer-type fighter. And I like the goal of trying to become a member of the Outreach. Any questions for me?

Mista Collins

First Post
ShaggySpellsword said:
I would love to play a Talenta halfling gypsy/mystic of some variety that has come to Morgrave because some super-natural force"told" him to-he's come for access to ancient mystic texts and connections to reclaim/search out ancient objects of mystic power to serve his ancient ancestor's mysterious goals.

Class-wise, I could make this character a Warlock, Wizard, Sorcerer, or Spirit Shaman--I could also probably work out a Bard, Cleric, Favored Soul, or Druid if needed.

As a Warlock he would be in contact with a dark ancestor spirit that speaks to him in dreams and grants him dark mystic powers.

As a Wizard or Sorcerer he would talk to "Grandfather", the Raven familiar that has been sent to him. He'd probably specialize in Necromancy or Divination.

As a Spirit-Shaman, his spirit-guide would also be "Grandfather"-and give him advice.

I would play him as a slightly off-kilter mystic who always acts mysteriously and can do some fortune-telling here and there.

Shaggy, go ahead and pick one of these concepts and flesh out a background of sorts. It seems like your character and Isida's are the only two characters submitted whose focus is "divine" magic.

Atanatotatos

First Post
MistaC, Waiting for your decisions, I wanted to ask you some questions, just out of curiosity:
do you have any particular house rules?
how do you manage xp, wealth, magic items, etc.? all standard?
are feats,spells,anything outside the sources you indicated absolutely out of question?
what level of knowledge of the setting is expected? i have access to Eberron sourcebook (all of them, i think) so i can do a little research if you think something would be particularly beneficial.

I don't really mind any of the above. just to know... Thanks

Remove ads