[Adventure]: Bosch's Revenge (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

dimsdale

First Post
[MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION], pick first AC attack from the above and apply +8 to AC of the target due to my interrupt. It has to be one before Primera disappeared (so either MBA vs Halleck or attack vs Rocco). I hope it will make it miss :)

ooc: bma vs Halleck negated.

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: [MENTION=45437]JRYoung[/MENTION] [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] BG1 is now on the rampage. So far it has attacked Skalisss and Rocco. Both characters get OA's. Neurotic, I hate to put pressure on you, but if your OA misses, BG1's rampage continues with slam attacks against Halleck, Primera, and Vimak. I thought you should have the honor of rolling the OA. :) Good luck. In other news, I haven't even started Krorg and BG2's attack mmmuuhahahahahah!!!!!:devil:

OOC:
Continuing with this post: I've finished all of the enemy attacks. Rocco's OA will only affect the location of BG1 and the number of OA's against BG1.

If Rocco Hits:
BG1's rampage stops and the golem's location is at J8:K9.

Total OA's against BG1 in this case: Skalisss and Rocco

If Rocco's OA misses:
BG!'s continues its rampage with attacks against Halleck, Primera and Vimak and ends its turn at the current location on the map. However, I went ahead and rolled the pending attacks, which all three attacks missing!!!

Total OA's against BG1 in this case: Skalisss, Rocco, Vimak, Primera and Halleck

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
a) shouldn't the location be K7-L8?
b) @MetaVoid , does your companion have OA, it seems like he should get one too

OOC: DM agrees :). If Xerzuzu gets a OA go ahead and take it.

With the exception of a powerful strike by the paladin and Nementah, little damage was done to the foes. Halleck successfully distracts Krorg with an attack missing. The beast counters by biting the warlords arm, with its teeth easily penetrating Halleck's armor and burying deep into his flesh. Rocco sees an opening and attack the beast but misses. Skalisss's attack also had an adverse effect as bone shards from Krorg burry deep into into exposed flesh of the fighter and the paladin.

The foes' counter attack against the party was much more effective. One golem moves forward and pounds the hunter, the force of the blow leaving him in a daze. The golem then goes into a rampage, driving its fist into the back of the paladin leaving Skalisss out of breath and confused, then missing the dwarf. Its attack would have continued had the dwarf not distracted it with a blow from his axe.

The golem nearest to the Krorg swings its fist, missing the dwarf but landing a crushing blow on the runepriest. Vimak shakes his head to clear his his mind.

Krorg bites down hard on the dwarf, its jaws clamping down just inches away from Rocco's face. Before the dwarf can react the gigantic beast whips its boney tail around catching Rocco and Vimak. Vimak falls prone from the attack and the dwarf some how manages to stay on his feet.

Meanwhile...

The evil wizard Vlastoes continues his summons of more skeleton creatures, but something unexpected starts to take place. What...what is going on!!! is all the wizard can say as his body starts to tremble. Then a terrible blood curling scream erupts from his mouth as Vlastoes notices the flesh from his hands start to crumble away leaving only bone. Black shadows escape from his body, flowing quickly into the bone piles, quickening the pace of their constructions. The process continues up his arms, feet and legs and from his face. Finally the Vlastoes erupts with a blood curling screamaaaARRGGHHHH as a visible white glowing orb rips from his chest, floating upward then disappearing into the marble ceiling. The wizard's skeleton corpse is all that remains, motionless on the floor (to be continued...)

[sblock=Perception Check 20]
The bone piles forming the skeletons (red squares on the map) will be competed very soon. Not all of them are the same shape or size.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Arcana Check 20]
A powerful magical aura emits from the corpse of Vlastoes. What it is or what's causing it you do not know

[sblock=Arcana Check 25]
You realize that Vlastoes, through some power unknown to you, is unwillingly being converted into a lich. The conversion process is in the final stages.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

OOC: DM Note: I didn't realize until now that along with a successful hit from the golems the target is also dazed (save ends). This part of the attack will be included for the rest of the encounter.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Heroes turn:
Halleck: miss Krorg, Krorg hits Halleck for 14, grants BMA to Rocco with CA, heals for 28 (see Vimak action), saves vs slowed
Quan: miss bg1
Rocco: +1 ref and AC, miss RBA and miss attack, mark Krorg, Hit BG1 for 24 (OA from rampage)
Skalisss: +12 heal from previous round (2 armor) and 10 (Halleck heal), +22 heal (armor power), hits Krorg for 24, saves vs slowed, hit BG1 for 17 (OA from rampage)
Vimak: +9+HS (19) = 28 healing to halleck, miss BG1
Nementah: -10 for Nementah distruction, Xerzuzu and Nementah 19 temp hp, Hit BG2 for 16 and Rocco, Skalisss and Vimak gain 5 temp hp
Primera: Previous mba by Krorg against Halleck erased,

]Baddies turn:

BG1:
movement: move to P8:Q9
Attack: Double slam attack vs Quan and Skalisss AC: 1d20+16 for 2d8+5 =
Quan: Hit for 21 and dazed (save ends)
Skalisss: Miss
roll lookup

AP: Golem Rampage
Move to I7:J8: this move affects the following allies: Skalisss, Rocco, Halleck, Primera, and Vimak: slam attack: 1d20+16 for 2d8+5 =
Skalisss: hit for 14 and dazed (save ends)
Rocco: Miss
Roll lookup

Recharge Golem Rampage: yep :)
Roll Lookup

BG2:
Double Slam Attack vs Rocco and Vimak: 1d20+16+2 vs Rocco AC and 1d20+16 vs Vimak AC for 2d8+5
Rocco: Miss thanks to nifty footwork :)
Vimak: Hit for 14 and dazed (save ends)
Roll lookup

rampage recharge (Damn! forgot to roll these in previous rounds) = nope :(
roll lookup

Krorg:
BMA vs Halleck AC: hit for 14 (see Halleck's action block)

Immediate interrupt:
Bone Shard Splinters: close burst 3 vs Vimak, Rocco, Skalisss and Halleck AC: 1d20+15 for 2d6+6:
Vimak: Miss
Rocco: Hit for 17
Skalisss: Hit for 17
Halleck: Miss
Roll Lookup

Attack: Stone Fury:
Bite: 1d20+18 vs Rocco's AC: for 2d6+5
Rocco: Miss
Roll Lookup

Tail Sweep: Close Burst 2: 1d20+18 vs Rocco, Skalisss and Halleck AC for 1d8+6 and knocked prone
Rocco: Hit for 7 (Rocco save vs Prone: saved so not prone
Skalisss: Miss
Halleck: Miss
Roll Lookup

Recharge Breath Weapon: Nope :(
Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

[sblock=Damage to Foes and Allies for this round]

Total Damage to Enemies:
Krorg: -24
BG1: -41
BG2: -16

Total Damage to allies:

OOC: Please read in case I made a mistake with hp

Halleck: -24 (beginning damage): save vs slowed, heals for 28 (maxed), -14 (bma Krorg),
End of Round: -14

Skalisss: -29, slowed (save ends: failed save 5 damage): +12 heal from previous round (2 armor) and 10 (Halleck heal), +22 heal (armor power): Maxed: saved vs slowed, +5 thp (granted by Primera), -14 and dazed (BM1 rampage attack), -17 (Krorg shards), +2 (armor: two separated attacks)
End of Round: -24 and dazed (save ends)

Rocco: -18: +5 thp (granted by Primera), -17 (Krorg shards), -7 (Krorg tail whip)
End of Round: -37

Vimak: -17, slowed (save ends: failed save 5 damage: damage absorbed), +5 thp (granted by Primera), -14 and dazed (save ends) (BG2 attack)
End of Round: -26 and dazed (save ends)

Quan: no beginning damage: -21 and dazed TENT (BG1),
End of Round: -21 and dazed (save ends)

Nementah: -5, slowed (failed save 5 damage), -10 (Primera distruction), +19 thp, saved vs slowed (DM rolled it :) )
End of Round: -20 +19 temp

Primera:

Xerzuzu: +19 thp

[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]

Party:

Nementah:
HP: 57/77 TEMP: 19 SurgeValue: 19 Surges: 12/12
AC:22 Fort:23 Reflex21 Will:23

Primera:
HP: 15/15 TEMP: 0
AC:24 Fort:25 Reflex23 Will:25

Xerzuzu:
HP: 15/15 TEMP: 19
AC:24 Fort:25 Reflex23 Will:25

Vimak: Dazed
HP: 49/75 TEMP: 0 SurgeValue: 18 Surges: 11/11
AC:26 Fort:22 Reflex:20 Will:22

Rocco:
HP: 56/93 TEMP: 0 SurgeValue: 24 Surges: 13/13
AC:26 Fort:26 Reflex:23 Will:22

Skalisss: Dazed
HP: 62/86 TEMP 0 SurgeValue: 22 Surges: 6/11
AC:27 TENT Fort:23 TENT Reflex:20 TENT Will:23 TENT Resist 1 ALL

Halleck:
HP:62/76 TEMP: 0 SurgeValue: 19 Surges: 9/10
AC:28 Fort:23 Reflex:19 Will:26

Quan: Dazed
HP: 49/70 TEMP: 0 SurgeValue: 17 Surges: 7/7
AC:23 Fort:20 Reflex:24 Will:23

Enemies:
Krorg: 104/400
BG1: 159/250
BG2: 162/250
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
map
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Information]

Bone Golem
HP 250; Bloodied 125; see also berserk attack
AC 26; Fortitude 29, Refl ex 21, Will 22
Saving Throws +2
Speed 6; can’t shift
Action Points 1
m Slam (standard; at-will)
Reach 2; +16 vs. AC (+18 while bloodied); 2d8 + 5 damage, and
the target is dazed (save ends).
M Double Attack (standard; at-will)
The bone golem makes two slam attacks.
M Berserk Attack (immediate reaction, when damaged by an attack
while bloodied; at-will)
The bone golem makes a slam attack against a random target
within its reach.
M Golem Rampage (standard; recharge 5,6 )
The bone golem moves up to its speed plus 2 and can move
through enemies’ spaces, provoking opportunity attacks as
normal. When it enters a creature’s space (ally or enemy), the
golem makes a slam attack against that creature. The creature
remains in its space, and the golem must leave the space after
it attacks. The golem must end its rampage in an unoccupied

Krong: Collasal Bone Creature

HP 400; Bloodied 200
AC 25; Fortitude 25, Reflex 23, Will 24
Immune disease, fear, poison; Resist 30 necrotic; Vulnerable 5 all
Saving Throws +5
Speed 6,
Action Points 0
S2.gif
Bite (standard, at-will)
Reach 2; +18 vs AC; 2d6+6 damage, and the target is marked until the end of the stoneborn Krorg next turn.
Z2a.gif
Stone Fury (standard, at-will)
+18 vs AC; 2d6+5 damage.. Krorg makes a bite attack and a tail sweep attack.
Z1a.gif
Bone Shard Splinters (immediate reaction, when the Krorg takes damage, at-will)
Close burst 3; +15vs AC; 2d6+6 damage.
Z1a.gif
Breath Weapon (standard, recharge
5a.gif
6a.gif
)
x.gif
Necrotic
Close blast 5; +17 vs Reflex; 2d8+4 necrotic damage, and the target is slowed (save ends). Each Failed Saving Throw: The target takes 5 damage.
Z1a.gif
Bloodied Breath (free, when first bloodied, encounter)
x.gif
Necrotic
Krorg breath weapon recharges, and uses it immediately.
Z1a.gif
Tail Sweep (standard, at-will)
Close burst 2; +18 vs AC; 1d8+6 damage, and the target is knocked prone.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure Summary]

Summary of Events
1. Prevented a flesh golem from killing the Weinfurter family. Body guard turned bad.
2. Dismantled the Crossed Sword and Skull Gang by killing Leader Hank the Tank
3. Prevented a possible encounter with a pack of wolves...for the moment
4. Alpha wolf presents orb of nature to Lerrick who gives it to Nementah.
5. Halleck finds orb of elements after party defeats band of ogres and a hill giant. He gives it to Raijin.
6. Defeated Bosch's dragonborn minions who tried to disrupt the ritual for removing the mark of Lerrick.
7. Mark is successfully removed from Lerrick by brother Buchta.
8. Encounter the great dragon Bosch for the first time. Dragon leaves but swears revenge.
9. Party returns Lerrick to mother in Daunton, but the father was not there as he was on an urgent task for brother Navio, something related to the shield.
10. Rocco tested for invoking a god. The party as well as other patrons at the tavern help defend Rocco from her wrath.
11. Party helps Druid retrieve artifact: The Branch of Life
12. Killed beholders that were feasting on druids
13. Destroyed gate portal to hell
[/sblock]

ooc: Wow! that took 3 hrs

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: And good work that is, dimsdale!

Rocco glares at the golem.
"You'll sooo regret this!"

Rocco slams his axe into Krorg at the end of especially fast flip, the blow carrying quite a bit of extra force, but leaving Rocco out of balance for the moment as his spin comes to an end. Deprived of his momentum he stops for a moment, giving the great skeleton an opening before continuing his dance.

"RRAARRRGGGHHH!" roar to frightens dragons and liches echoes in the hall and everyone takes notice.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Brash Strike vs Krorg AC; damage (1d20+19+2=32, 1d8.minroll(2)+15+1d6+3=26) - Rocco grants CA to Krorg TSNT
EDIT: deduced additional 5 hp (total 31) from Krorg due to vulnerability

Minor: Kirre's roar: mark Krorg, BG1, BG2, Rocco gains resist all 2 TENT

Immediate interrupt: if golems attack Vimak, Nementah or Halleck in an attack that doesn't include Rocco
Combat challenge for Krorg or if BG1 attacks Nementah
Guardian Counter if BG1 or BG2 attack Halleck or Vimak

Combat challenge in all other cases

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Vimak Stonecarver, Goliath Runepriest 10

Battle Wrath
Vimak deals 4 extra damage to enemies who hit him in the previous round.

Runestate (Protection)
adjacent allies have resist all 2 (Primera)

Vimak ignores the one golem who had just hit him. If he can hit the other one, hecould maybe mend the wounds of most of his allies! But he fails to his anything again...

[sblock=ooc]
I think the damage roll for the hit against Vimak didn't include his resist 6.
Also, Vimal Converted 3 HS to Runes of Healing. His healing surges are 8/11.

Standard: Rune of Wrath reversed (Protection) vs BG1
miss, this could have healed 40 HP among the group, surgeless :(

tried to save vs both slow effects and dazed.
all but one slow was a success. Damage from failed roll absorbed by resist all 6

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Vimak Stonecarver
Perception: 17 Insight: 22 Normal Vision
AC 26 Fortitude 22 Reflex 20 Will 22
Initiative: +7
Hit Points: 54 / 75 Bloodied: 37
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw:
Action Points: 0 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge:18 Surges per day: 8 / 11
At-Will Powers: Word of Diminishment, Word of Binding
Encounter Powers: Rune of Mending 1/2, Stone’s Endurance, Wrathful Warrior, Stone Panoply, Walk it Off, Flames of Purity, Symbol of Wrath Reversed, Word of Befuddlement, Protective Scroll
Daily Powers: Rune of Endless Fire, Shield of Sacrifice, Cage of Light, Rune of Shielding, Dread Halberd, Protective Runes 3/3

Condition: resist 6 (ended with this turn), RoEF effects, slowed (save ends)

The two marks are temporary.
Mark number 1 is a rune of destruction enhancer: +2 bonus added to benefit of rune of destruction power used in an attack
Mark number 2 is a rune of protection enhancer: +2 bonus added to benefit of rune of protection power used in an action.
[sblock=Non active]
WoD (Destruction)
W3 gains vulnerability all 2 (but 5 vs OAs) until next round

RUNESTATE: DESTRUCTION
- allies gain +1 to attacks vs enemies adjacent to Vimak (B1)

Battle Wrath
Vimak deals 4 extra damage to enemies who hit him in the previous round.

Runestate (Protection)
adjacent allies have resist all 2

[/sblock]
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

OOC: [MENTION=59043]Walking Dad[/MENTION], [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] did you include vulnerabilities for Krorg? Xerzuzu has no OA listed, but I copied from someone on the forums as I don't have access to Sidhe guard on WotC...maybe he has such. Guard has standard action melee attack and teleport move and an interrupt

Moving toward Quan and away from melee, Nementah swirls unicorn horn through the air. Thick fog of spirits flies around it and she flings the ball of spirits toward heavily damaged skeleton. It enters it's skull and confuses it for the moment, scrambling what senses it has remaining. One spirit flies toward Quan, elongating as it goes, creating a line straight toward Krorgs head

Circlet on her head flashes once and Halleck sees the opening in Krorgs defenses he didn't notice before.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Haunting Spirits vs Will (Krorg); psychic damage (1d20+13+1=24, 1d6+6=9) - Krorg grants CA to Quan/[MENTION=37203]four[/MENTION] Monos TENT
[MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION], I deduced vulnerability (total of 14 damage) on the map

Minor: Resplendent Circlet - Krorg grants CA to Halleck/[MENTION=85539]Tenchuu[/MENTION]
Move: N11, Primera and Xerzuzu stay put

Immediate reaction: non-minion enemy within 2 squares moves toward Nementah (and shift 3 would spoil the attack)

Effect: Nementah shifts 3 into the cover or behind the ally (if possible) - if that would negate the attack or force the enemy to take OA from said ally
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC:

@dimsdale

Hey boss. I don't see where I got dazed in the mechanics block. Also, I think the tail sweep might have missed. Because I used Brash Assault on Krorg last turn, I was +6 to AC against his attacks for his turn, which put me at AC 34.

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
OOC:

@dimsdale

Hey boss. I don't see where I got dazed in the mechanics block. Also, I think the tail sweep might have missed. Because I used Brash Assault on Krorg last turn, I was +6 to AC against his attacks for his turn, which put me at AC 34.

ooc: @Tenchuu Got it. Thanks. :). So everytime Halleck uses brash assault his ac bumps up to 34, correct?

ooc: Other corrections: I forgot to subtract the 41 damage from BG1's OA damage from Skalisss and Rocco. That's corrected now as well.

Last edited:

Remove ads