(Adventure) Crocodile Rock [Knight Otu judging]

Otakkun

Explorer
Eberk Torunn

Eberk takes a second or two to analyse the tunnel, scratching his beard.

"Lads, this part of the tunnel seems to be more recently crafted than the rest. While that is of no importance, I wonder why did they take the effort to make it look as if it was part of the older construction? It's not like anyone would mind down here. Hmm..."

crueldespot

First Post
Cain hears Eberk and backtracks to rejoin the group. He examines the section of tunnel that Eberk indicates. Cain checks for any traps and searches for a secret door.

OOC
search +6, disable device +6.
Deep halflings also have stonecutting like a dwarf, maybe it will give Cain a bonus."+2 racial bonus on checks to notice unusual stonework. Something that isn’t stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. A deep halfling who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a check as though actively searching and can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A deep halfling can also intuit depth, sensing the approximate distance underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up."

crueldespot

First Post
"Hmm. Interesting, but not important to the task at hand, it seems." Cain goes back up to the front of the group and continues exploring down the tunnel.

The Goblin King

First Post
Cain: Scouting the pool room up ahead you notice a pair of reptilian eyes on the surface of the water. They are gone in a blink however. The noise coming from the pipes emptying into the pool makes it difficult to hear anything.

Nielan: You faintly hear the sound of metal against metal coming from behind you. You turn and look back the way you came. The entrance is a small bright square but you think you see a figure down there. Its only for a moment and then its gone. You are not sure if you imagined it or not.

crueldespot

First Post
Cain stands at the entrance to the large chamber and calls to the rest of the group "I see it!" He points towards the spot where he saw the croc's eyes. He stands ready with his sling to hurl a bullet the next time he sees it.

OOC: Ready an action to attack with sling when the croc reappears.

Kangaxx

First Post
Nielan Tal

"Was the door closed behind us? I thought I saw someone back there."

Upon hearing Cain call out, Nielan will move forward and also scan the water, sling at the ready.

crueldespot

First Post
ooc: I will be out of town for the next two weeks, and probably won't have internet access. While I am gone, T.Hobbs can run my character (since Cain is doing what Fant orders anyway). Since T.Hobbs has been AWOL for more than two weeks, Kangaxx can run Cain if T. Hobbs doesn't reappear.

Edit: Never mind. It turns out I have internet access here.

Last edited:

crueldespot

First Post
Thread Ressurection

After scanning the water trying to spot the crocodile for a really really really long time, Cain considers giving up and returning to the Red Dragon Inn.

Remove ads