(Adventure) Crocodile Rock [Knight Otu judging]

Kangaxx

First Post
Nielan Tal

Nielan simply nods to Lady Fant's instructions, and takes his place in the group with his morning star and shield in hand.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
"Excuse me," said Calamar the Dark, as he entered the back room of the Inn, "I am here to return this bag of gold. I have decided not to partake of this adventure," with that Calamar drops the bag of gold on the table and leaves.

The Goblin King

First Post
Earlier at the Red Dragon Inn:
DM-Rocco said:
"Excuse me," said Calamar the Dark, as he entered the back room of the Inn, "I am here to return this bag of gold. I have decided not to partake of this adventure," with that Calamar drops the bag of gold on the table and leaves.
Donoros looks from Calamar to Cain. "I see." He takes the money and nods farewell. "Lets get moving." On the way out he gives the bag to Joe.

Six seconds ago:
The five members of the party form up and head into the underground. The square floor of the tunnel slowly slopes downward. Kevlin decides to go around the water and walk on the part that is dry. The water is only a few inches deep but it is stagnant and has formed almost a solid layer of algae. ((OOC: Balance checks will be needed to run or fight on the slick stuff.))

Cain: you can see that two round side tunnels join the main one up ahead. They turn back and up sharply. A trickle of water flows through them. You hear skittering and see three very large mangy rats. They are eating what appears to be the remains of a dog. The rats don't seem to notice you or perhaps they don't care. They continue eating.

Actions?
BTW- who has a light source?

CR = Cain Richter
LF = Lady Fant
KD = Kevlin Donoros
NT = Nielan Tal
ET = Eberk Torunn
DR = Dire Rat

Last edited:

crueldespot

First Post
Cain also tries to step around the water when possible. He turns and walks back towards the rest of the group, and tells them what he saw ahead. He tries to keep his voice down.
"If we are going to keep going in this big tunnel, I think we are going to have to kill those rats. They are going to defend their meal."
Cain waits for orders.

OOC: Cain has 60' darkvision (deep halfling), which means that the rats are just within his range of visibility. On a completely unrelated note: How much money was in the advance we got?

The Goblin King

First Post
crueldespot said:
OOC: Cain has 60' darkvision (deep halfling), which means that the rats are just within his range of visibility. On a completely unrelated note: How much money was in the advance we got?

The advance was twenty five gold. The grey area is where you can no longer see. You guys actually have a map of the area where you are. I will post it next update.

Otakkun

Explorer
OOC: Due to things out of my control I may be offline until the 23.

Eberk just shrugs at the idea of killing the rats. Why would anyone want to fight such filthy creatures? I just hope no one catches a disease from them

Readying his longsword, Eberk just awaits what the rest of the group decides on this.

Kangaxx

First Post
Nielan Tal

"Exterminating some rats should be simple enough." Nielan will hang his morning star on his belt, then withdraw a loaded sling from his backpack. "Especially when we have these. Perhaps Cain and I could attack them first, and draw them towards the rest of the party."

OOC: If nobody else was carrying a light source, Nielan would have activated one of his sunrods and slipped it into his belt.

The Goblin King

First Post
Kangaxx said:
OOC: Has this adventure been put on hold until more players return, or are we waiting on something else?

Yeah, two people are away from the internet. I would feel funny trying to auto-action over half the party.

Remove ads