[Adventure!] Daunton's Dead Past DM: FourMonos. Judge: Peer Committee

Neil1889

First Post
"Well, to be fair, that's no real surprise, you did strike me as a somewhat clever rotter," replies Lilli to Vermitrax briskly.

"Hello Drew," says Lilli to the very still tattooed man, "I'm Lilli and this is my companion Lotte. Umm, can anyone else here hear music?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Blind elf turns toward the sound of speech.

"Hello, Lilli, Lotte. The music is from some carneval in front, I believe its owner is right now at the door."
"Drew, you wouldn't be Drew Lucan from the abbey?"

"My name is Illarion Meriele." he bows slightly toward Lilli "Nice to meet you Lilli. Lotte, I apologize for asking this, but could you say something so I can remember your voice, height and right now general location?"

You see an old elf, dressed in ancient style, long ornate robes, staff with heavily decorated top, light hood under which white hair flows down on his chest. Apparently, he is blind, but self sufficient enough to move around. And given his visible equipment and reference to the abbey it seems he manages to survive adventuring life.

Illarion Meriele

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
From the same location as Lilli comes a brief trilling sound as Lotte vocalises a greeting to the elf.

"Ah, Illarion, that was Lotte offering a greeting. She's a Spirit Spider, a former childhood companion and these days she helps me with my wizardry and some of my ritual castings. She usually clings on to me."

OOC: Pretty much levelled Lilli up to 9th.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
A slight frown crosses Raiyek's face as Vermitrax gives his account to Lilli, but the elf does not interject into the conversation.

Raiyek opens his mouth, about to tell Lilli he hears the music as well, when Illarion comes through the door. "A carnival? Who would bring a carnival to this desolate city?" Raiyek muses to himself quietly.

"Greetings, Illarion Meriele. I am Raiyek Meliam, paladin of Palladys. What brings yet another adventurer to the Hanged Man this day?"

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Mikara finds an unoccupied corner and sits on the floor, folding her legs beneath her, watching the others as they mingle, as if to assess the character, fortitude, and likely role of each.

...The humans seem arrogant and a little crude, but such is the way with humans. Their raw power will come in handy if kept in check.

The gnome appears decadent and demanding, though it is likely that she hides arcane strength that only surfaces when needed.

A company of three elves is somewhat comforting, but it would be unwise to allow it to congeal into a clique...

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Rotter is a strong word, I'm a mere practitioner of the art, much like yourself, despite the comparison disgusts me. I use whatever means are available to me to achieve my objectives, as I'm sure you will, given the circumstances." Vermitrax retorts. "Indeed, I believe a carnival in Daunton would be most suspicious. As time is at the essence, we should begin our investigation, should we not?"

Son of Meepo

First Post
"A carnival in Daunton indeed would be out of sorts right now. But the carnival is here, or at least the animal show! Alas, there can be no show without an audience, but fear not, I will put things to right first and then we can have a show!"

The gnoll who has just come down the stairs tips his cap and smiles.

"Fhangrim is the name, moving manifestations of marvelous menageries of majestic monstrosities straight from the Isle of Laughing Gallows is my game."

[sblock=Fhangrim's Stats]Fhangrim - Gnoll Sentinel 8
Passive Perception 28 (+4 vs traps; low-light), Passive Insight 18
AC 22, Fort 22, Reflex 18, Will 21
HP 65/65, Bloodied 32, Surge Value 16, Surges 13/13
Speed 7, Initiative +8
Action Points: 1, Second Wind []
Melee Basic Attack: Melee 2; +14 vs AC; 1d12+6 damage (Crit 2d10+18).
At-Will Powers: Magic Stones,
Call Spirit Companion
Deep-Pocket Cloak
Encounter Powers: Combined Attack [][][],
Ferocious Charge [],
Spirit's Fangs [],
Healing Word [][],
Healing Spirit [],
Barkskin [],
Natural Terrain Understanding [],
Gadgeteer's Goggles []
Shockweave Armor []
Daily Powers: Summon Pack Wolf [],
Summon Giant Toad [],
Speak with Spirits [],
Shockweave Armor []
[/sblock] [sblock=Ursa Major's Stats]Ursa Major - Gaoler Pygmy Owlbear
Passive Perception 30 (low-light), Passive Insight 18
AC 21, Fort 23, Reflex 19, Will 23
HP 32/32, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8
Speed 6
Melee Basic Attack: +13 vs AC; 1d12+9 damage.[/sblock] [sblock=Ursa Minor's Stats]Ursa Minor - Young Gaoler Pygmy Owlbear
Passive Perception 30 (darkvision), Passive Insight 18
AC 21, Fort 23, Reflex 19, Will 23
HP 32/32, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8
Speed 6
Melee Basic Attack: +13 vs AC; 1d12+4 damage.[/sblock] [sblock=Ursa Maximus' Stats]Ursa Maximus - Spirit of Gaoler Pygmy Owlbear
AC 22, Fort 22, Reflex 18, Will 21
HP 14 (damage below this amount is ignored)
Immune Area and close attacks; all conditions[/sblock]

Fhangrim:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=65810&stc=1&d=1419624696
Ursa Minor: http://www.enworld.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=65813&stc=1&d=1419624696
Ursa Major: http://www.enworld.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=65812&stc=1&d=1419624696
Ursa Maximus: http://www.enworld.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=65811&stc=1&d=1419624696
Summoned Wolf: http://www.enworld.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=65814&stc=1&d=1419624696
Summoned Toad: http://www.enworld.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=65815&stc=1&d=1419624696

Attachments

• Fhangrim.png
    Fhangrim.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 306
  • ursa_maximus.png
    ursa_maximus.png
    18 KB · Views: 363
  • ursa_major.png
    ursa_major.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 317
  • ursa_minor.png
    ursa_minor.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 316
  • Wolf.png
    Wolf.png
    32 KB · Views: 349
  • Toad.png
    Toad.png
    32 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:

"I am indeed, Illarion, good to see you make your way back." nods the boy. He looks over mighty paladin, drunk ranger and now this old one and thinks
"Elves. They'll try to keep everything dignified. Although the wild one doesn't look dignified at the moment. The mage will be trouble, always. And now this. Beast leading other beasts. At least he looks civilized."

Aloud he greets the gnoll politely
"Good day to you. Indeed, your show might lack audience, but we're discussing how best to discover what happened. It looks as if something came and whisked the people away. There is no trace of looting or killing. Someone mentioned great black dragon, but the populace was saved by a group of adventurers, there was no need to run away."

[MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION], Drew is updated, stats over weekend.

[sblock=Drew Stats]
AC: 26(+2 vs OA) Fort: 20 Reflex: 24 Will: 23
HP: 59/58 Surges: 8/8 Surge Value: 14

MBA: +16 vs AC 1d8+8 (unarmed strike); 1d4+7 with the dagger
RBA: +14 vs AC 1d4+7 (dagger)

FEATS
Superior Implement (Mountain Ki), Internalize Basic Kata, Unarmored Agility, Slashing Kama Style, Ki Expertise, Beshaba's Boon, Superior Will

POWERS

Fallen Needle
Five Storms
Crane's Wings
Centered Flurry of Blows

Drunken Monkey
Second Wind
Eternal Mountain
Iron Wolf Charge
Echoing Thunder
Mountainfall Stomp

Masterful Spiral
Water Gives Way

Mountain Ki Rain of Hammers- On a hit gain +1 AC and Ref; any forced movement (from this focus) is increased 1 square
Property: If Drew drops an enemy, one enemy adjacent to Drew takes 4 damage
Daily Minor: Make one at-will attack vs enemy already hit this turn.
Acrobat Boots - stand up as minor
Armor of sudden recovery - +1 saving throw against ongoing damage; Daily (minor) when taking ongoing damage - ongoing stops and turns into regeneration until the end of the encounter
Phylactery of action - Encounter (no action) - re-roll one saving throw against dazed, petrified, immobilized, restrained, stunned
Gloves of recovery - Daily (free) trigger: miss with melee attack: Make MBA against that same enemy

Acrobatics +16; Athletics +12; Perception +14; Stealth +16; Thievery +16
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
"Whisked them away or really, truly scared them all off. So, where shall we start looking for clues? The Officia Politica? Perhaps some official wrote something down there of importance." suggests Lilli.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Lilli's comment spurs Mikara to start asking questions of her own. Her mind races to remember facts...Damn! I wish I had paid more attention. How thick was the dust in the tavern when I first walked in? I was the first one. That should give me an idea of how long ago all this started! [sblock=Nature]Rolling a Nature check to see if the thickness of the dust in the Hanged Man can give Mikara an accurate number for how many days, weeks, or months, the Hanged Man has been empty:

1d20 (19) + 12 = 31!

[/sblock]

Remove ads