[Adventure] Dive into Darkness (Judge: stonegod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[sblock=Scorpius (and everyone else)]
Now it would be nice if you could provide some guidance. Namely:
a) full map of the room
b) whether eyes can be taken with us
c) whether the darkness is effect of the eyelids and can they be taken with us
d) any additional features we might have missed during combat and following minutes...

We should probably enable eyes in this area once we're ready to go on if for no other reason then to freighten off those thugs...altough I don't expect to see them again before we're ready to re-surface...
[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=Reply to above]
Now it would be nice if you could provide some guidance. Namely:
a) full map of the room
**Well no one, to my knowledge, has lit a light source since we began examining the eyes. But what the hay, I'll be a less than evil DM. See below for map.**
b) whether eyes can be taken with us
**No one has successfully removed an eye from the wall. Only disabled the trap mechanism**
c) whether the darkness is effect of the eyelids and can they be taken with us
**See above**
d) any additional features we might have missed during combat and following minutes...
**Maybe some skill checks would reveal more information.
[/sblock]

[sblock=What the room woud look like now if someone lit a new light source]
DelveMain24.png
[/sblock]

*Positions in the above map are not cannon. You can be where ever you want**

Neurotic

[sblock=OOC]
So, no exits?

Cairn takes 20 on search (for 28 total) and aids whoever attempts dungeoneering.
Dungeoneering (1d20+3=11)
[/sblock]

After securing the rope and bringing Edward down Cairn starts searching the room.

He walks around the room behind casters disabling the eyes, his eyes roving over walls and floor, his hands tracing lines only he can see and stomping occasionaly listening to an echo.

Theroc

First Post
"How exactly did you let the thugs get loose, anyhow? Didn't we tie them up?" Shanairra frowned, before looking about the rest of the room to her comrades. "I propose that's the last time we take prisoners and next we just off anyone who doesn't sincerely beg for mercy... and they we break their arms and legs so they can't escape..." She sighed, her voice heavy at the proposition, but it being the only solution she can think of to escaping prisoners causing problems.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Let them get loose?" Edward, replies, apparently insulted. "Young Miss, they tried to kill me! I didn't see anyone else up there to keep them at bay. Hmpf."

Cairn traces the room, examining the walls as best he can. He doesn't seem to notice any secret passages or hidden traps but he does realize that the stone work is quite old and very high quality.

[sblock=ooc] I am currently running on the assumption that no one has lit a bright light source and everyone has stayed in the room on the left. [/sblock]

elecgraystone

First Post
Euphie sighs. "Yep, should have killed them. Leaving them alive just causes trouble."

[sblock=ooc]Yep, I haven't lit a bright light source and stayed in the room on the left. [/sblock]

Neurotic

[sblock=OOC]
Haven't lit bright light source unless all eyes were disabled. And DID NOT stay in the room to the left, Cairn traces after the casters disabling traps. Since there are eyes in the other room I assumed we went through everything?
[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]You tell me. The only room you saw the eyes do anything in was the room on the left. That of course, doesn't mean the room on the right doesn't.

Euphie disabled half the eyes, and she has stated that she did not go into the other room.

Elec-squall/Cabanna, what did you do?[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Elec-Squall boldly strides from eye to eye with Cairn and Filo, disabling them as quickly as possible. Keeping a sharp eye for any more hidden dangers.

[sblock=OOC]

Is it cool to just take ten here? That would be a 21. If not, then I suppose arcana on each eye with Filo's assist.

Elec-Squall snuffed the light cantrip a while ago.

Elec-Squall d'Lyrandar
Male Genasi Wizard 4
Medium Elemental humanoid
Initiative +4; Senses Passive Insight 14, Passive Perception 17/19; Normal vision
HP 33/35, Bloodied 17, Surge Value 8, Surges 6/7
AC 17; Fortitude 16, Reflex 17, Will 17
Resist 5 Lightning, 10 force
Speed 6
At-will: Storm Pillar, Thunderwave
Encounter: Wand of Accuracy, Empowering Lightning, Shock Sphere
Daily: Rolling Thunder (Freezing Cloud)
Utility: Feather Fall (Guardian Blades)
Racial: Promise of Storm
Class: Cantrips
[/sblock]

Status