[Adventure] Dive into Darkness (Judge: stonegod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
The guard motions for the papers, and looks over them slowly. "There's no seal." He says calmly. "These are Morgrave papers but they were never approved, and the site was likely never checked against our offices." He gives a stern look toward Edward, who seems nervous, but gives no clear response.

"I think you gentlemen have been duped. Your patron will have to go into our custody. I also need you to submit to that search now."

The two other guards secure their lines and begin the decent toward the others.

hero4hire

Explorer
Filo glared at Edward and then with a sigh of resignation held his pack out to be searched. "I don't suppose we will be seeing that 500 gold Cairn."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
After contemplating for a full minute, Cairn says, just as first guards start going down into the hole:

First to Filo and then after an answer
"Does that mean that scroll he gave us as reward really is useless? Or is it truly scroll of power? We don't get anything but hurt?"

To guard that spoke (I assume he's the leader):
"Don't hurt live ones downthere, they are my wards...

Filo thinks you're in the right so I submit."

OOC: plan to save the scroll and maybe make a hook for some future adventures (and contact in Morgrave univeersity) - Cairn is not good at deception so feel free to roll his bluff against passive insight of the guards :)

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
The guard smiles at Cairn's attempt at trickery. He and another guard move forward, going through the groups belongings. Pulling out the scroll he looks over it and then hands it toward another member. As he reaches for the scroll you see a wand tucked into his belt. He looks it over and nods, keeping it in his hands.

As Stasi and Shannairra are brought up they are searched as well, but nothing else is taken.

"We'll take the boy into our custody." The guard says. "You all a free to go. Be more careful when taking contracts."

hero4hire

Explorer
"Very well Constable. Your brevity is appreciated. If need be, you may contact me at the Tower's Shard. I will happy to be witness to this one's crimes." Filo said nodding towards Edward. The halfling did not appreciated being cheated and would indeed be more careful in the future.

OOC: Okeydoke. Since this is my first successful "Living" adventure what happens now?

Neurotic

"So, Edward was a defiler? What happens now, Filo?"
It seems that elemental is somewhat lost especially after he lost his elemental mage friend.

OOC: Now we get official summary post with money and treasure listed which the judge will approve. You write it on you char sheet and we return to the tavern. There may be some RPing before that happens, but that's it in a nutshell...

hero4hire

Explorer
Filo clapped the elemental on the back. "Well there is bound to be someone looking to hire a couple of seasoned adventurers such as ourselves back at the Tavern. AND we learned to look for official seals on anything we sign."

Neurotic

Filo clapped the elemental on the back.

Or at least as high as he could reach :p and I don't want to think too closely on relative sizes on this one :)

BTW, next time I jump through teleport portal, you're going too, as a backpack

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Thank you for playing. May your future parties be more successful.

[sblock=Rewards]
[sblock=Encounter XP]
E1. Jackal Attack
All Six Players Participated and finished
366 xp each

E2. Room of Darkness
All Six Players Participated and finished
584 xp each

E3. Room of Riddles
Darwinofmind and Theroc did not complete this encounter
500 xp each for Neurotic, hero4hire, Cabana and elecgraystone

E4. Treasure Room
Cabana and elecgraystone did not participate in this encoutner
500 xp each for Neurtic and hero4hire

Total Encounter XP
Darwinofmind and Theroc: 950 xp
Cabana and elecgraystone: 1450 xp
Neurotic and hero4hire: 1950 xp[/sblock]

[sblock=Reward Parts]
Neurotic and hero4hire get 4 RPs each for adventuring from December 22nd to May 3rd.

Others gain no points, due to lack of completion.[/sblock]

[sblock=Treasure]
Only Neurotic and hero4hire earned enough xp to level. The following treasure was awarded to them.

Cairn: Boots of the Fencing Master
Filo: Cloak of the Chirurgeon +2
EDIT: 168 gp each.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Roleplaying]
We didn't quite get far enough to give out the hooks I intended. You may wish to note the following on your sheet, whether as a hook or elsewhere:

* You were fooled by a student of Morgrave University and hired under a flase contract (he was a student by the way)
* One of you're allies, Elec-squall, vanished while you investigated under the city
* An old scroll, marked with one eye, was found and then confiscated by the King's Guard. Repossessing it may lead to interesting adventures.

There will be no follow up adventure at this time.[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

Thank you for DMing and good solution after loosing players. May your future games be playerful. :D

Not sure if RP counts as time gold or not, I notice you didn't mention any money...and in the post after fighting skeleton you said we found a stash...

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads