[Adventure] Dive into Darkness (Judge: stonegod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Thanks. It's easy when you get free hands and easier yet when all you have to say is that progenitor wyrm Eberron stands behind you :) Feel free to add to my XP :p And BTW, is there any use for those other then marking number of good posts?

hero4hire

Explorer
For his part Filo had his large elemental ally's back. The diminuitive healer darted back and forth between Cairn's legs distracting their enemies and letting the powerful Warden deal damage. Occasionally Filo added a well placed blow with his short blade and a barbed retort laced with destructuve magicks that actually blew one skeleton apart.
After the dust settled Filo saw to Cairn's injuries.

OOC: Yeah basically Filo probably aided another and laid out the occasional at-will.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
With the skeleton's destroyed our two remaining heroes are free to investigate the room further. Down below they find a pile of coins and gems and two more items of interest, a cloak and a large pair of boots. Needed a bit of a rest anyway Filo takes some time to identify them.

They also find a large, leather bound, scroll sealed with one eye. The eye looks very similar to the one found on the walls outside. It looks old and fragile.

Stepping on the circles reveals them to be still active. Back in the other room everyone is waking up, but seems weakened and disoriented. They can walk with some assistance. Edward does manage to choke out some brief instructions when he sees the scroll.

"Don't open. . .wait. Lab."

Cairn lifts one of the girls onto his shoulder and makes up the rope. Edward follows with Filo close behind, in case he looses his grip.

As Cairn pulls himself into the entry room however, he is greeted with readied crossbows. Eight, well armed, members of the King's Guard stand ready, and they seem experienced and ready for trouble. One speaks.

"Come up slowly. You are trespassing on property secured and controlled by the King."

[sblock=ooc]
Treasure:
Cairn: Boots of the Fencing Master
Filo: Cloak of the Chirurgeon +2

Gold worth time gold, to be measured at the end.[/sblock]

Neurotic

Cairn looks calmly at the crossbows. Not caring one way or the other for regulations (it was Edwards responsibility) he cares about those under his guardianship.

Lowering Euphie on the floor he turns toward the hole again and grates out:
"There are still companions down there that need help getting up. I will bring them."

hero4hire

Explorer
Filo held his hands out palms up to show he was not holding any weapons. When he spoke it was in a calm, reassuring tone that put many at ease. "Please please my good fellows. There has been some sort of misunderstanding. If you allow my friend here to bring the others up I am sure we can sort this all out."

OOC:
words of friendship/diplomacy (1d20+16=26)

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
The guard looks incredulous. "We will get them out. In the meantime, you will submit yourselves to a search." Two of the guards step forward, replacing sword with rope, already secured to grappling hooks.

"You seem reasonable, and I'm sure we can resolve this quickly."

Neurotic

OOC: there was no sign of king or anything, Cairn wouldn't know to recognize the guards, but this is Eberron. They should have some kind of identification papers...but it should be Edward (if he was PC) or Filo to ask for them

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]These men are dressed as the King's Guard with official insignia. For our purposes here, Edward can't really speak, but you can certainly look to him for approval, disapproval, yes or no type stuff.

At the moment he seems tired and irritated.[/sblock]

hero4hire

Explorer
"Very well." Filo replied in hopes that being cooperative would make things go more smoothly. "May I introduce Professor Edward Sween of Morgrave University." Filo nodded to Edward. "He is the one who hired us in his archeological endeavours. Indeed if you will permit me..." Filo's hand slowly went to his belt-pouch. ..."I can show you the contract that I signed allowing us access to items deemed 'Not of historical value' and a minimum payment of 500 gold to be distributed amongst those hired. Now it was my understanding that agents of Morgrave University had the King's approval in archeological expeditions such as this. Or am I mistaken?

OOC:
Do I need another skill check?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads