[Adventure] Dive into Darkness (Judge: stonegod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Cairn tries to free Filo from enemies, but, distracted by the need to keep the giant occupied, he misses.

[sblock=Actions]
Free: mark cyclops and #1
Standard: Weight of earth vs. skeleton #3 AC (1d20+10=14, 1d10+5=7) - I'm guessing a miss :)
Move: stand
**Miss, Cyclops uses Undead Eye, Cairns gains Vulnerable 5 to the cyclops attacks till the end of the Cyclop's next turn.**
[/sblock]

Filo tried another jab at the new skeleton before him but proves incompetent as he almost loses his sword in his sweaty grip.

[sblock=OOC]:
std: warsong strike
natural one for the miss
mov: no
min: no

**If invisible castle is down I'd like you to use another linkable site, or simply post your actions and I'll roll. Not that I think you're lying about the natural one or anything.**[/sblock]

The Cyclops glares at Cairn before slamming it's arm down, only to be blocked away. The skeletons follow, swords and arrows flying. It seems a stalemate but for one arrow that slips into the Cairn.

[sblock=ooc]Cyclops attacks Cairn. Scorpius goes to get some dice. 11 vs AV Misses.

Skeleton 1 attacks Cairn. 17 vs AC Misses.

Skeleton 3 attacks Cairn. 19 vs AC Misses.

4 fires on Filo. 10 vs AC Misses.

5 and 6 fire on Cairn. 21 Misses but 22 hits. Cairn takes 3 damage.[/sblock]

---------------------------

Initiative!

Round 4

28; Enemies; Acted
Skeletal Cyclops - G3/H4; -51 hp; Marked
Decayed Skeleton 1; H2; Marked
Decayed Skeleton 3; K3
Decayed Skeleton 4; F11
Decayed Skeleton 5; B9
Decayed Skeleton 6; B4
24; Cairn; I2; 38/56; cover;
15; Filo; K2; 37/41; cover;

Stats

Skeletal Cyclops
AC 17
Decayed Skeleton
Fort 13

Map

[sblock=Map]
DelveTreasure05.png
[/sblock]

The outer 1 square ring, is raised 5 feet up and can be reached with an athletics check.

The center four squares is difficult terrain due to treasure.

hero4hire

Explorer
Dammit Filo concentrate! The Halfling chided himself mentally. You've drilled with the militia now take a deep breath and strike...HARD!
The little halfling brought his shortblade over his head and with a "Yahhhh!" struck the skeleton on the collarbone. He felt it give under the force of his blow as he shattered the undead's body. He then huffed "Better." and looked around for any other immediate threats. He then eyed the outer ledge and attempted to scramble up. "Can't be too hard?"
[sblock=ooc]
std: warsong strike (1d20+9=28, 1d8+5=11)
*hit AC 28 for 11 damage
min: Inspire Competence
*Filo and Cairn get a +2 on their next athletics check
mov: athletics to climb (1d20+3=13) to K1[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Dammit Filo concentrate! The Halfling chided himself mentally. You've drilled with the militia now take a deep breath and strike...HARD!
The little halfling brought his shortblade over his head and with a "Yahhhh!" struck the skeleton on the collarbone. He felt it give under the force of his blow as he shattered the undead's body. He then huffed "Better." and looked around for any other immediate threats.

[sblock=ooc]
std: warsong strike (1d20+9=28, 1d8+5=11)
*hit AC 28 for 11 damage

min: Inspire Competence
*Filo and Cairn get a +2 on their next athletics check
mov: athletics to climb (1d20+3=13) to K1

**The gray area is in fact wall. You are on the outer ring. Skeleton 3 dies.**[/sblock]

Initiative!

Round 4

28; Enemies; Acted
Skeletal Cyclops - G3/H4; -51 hp; Marked
Decayed Skeleton 4; F11
Decayed Skeleton 5; B9
Decayed Skeleton 6; B4
24; Cairn; I2; 38/56; cover;

Stats

Skeletal Cyclops
AC 17
Decayed Skeleton
Fort 13

Map

[sblock=Map]
DelveTreasure06.png
[/sblock]

The outer 1 square ring, is raised 5 feet up and can be reached with an athletics check.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: hero, will you use minor for you item power and AP for song of dawn? I'll post my actions since you can take AP retroactively. No more wasting actions on minions, I'm cyclops all the way now (only with at-will though).

Scorpius, is there any detectable change in teleport circle? What I mean, if I shift over it to better cover Filo, will I dissapear into the other room?

Cairn patiently hews at big skeleton, content he's doing his best to cover his fleshling. He swings hard trying to stagger the giant and as always the earth answers his call, small protrusions forming on the floor grabbing cyclops legs and slowing it down.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Weight of Earth vs. Cyclops AC (1d20+9=17, 1d10+5=8)
Cyclops is slowed TENT
[/sblock]

[sblock=Cairn Stats]
MARK: Cyclops and #1

Initiative +4; Senses Passive Insight 13, Passive Perception 18
HP 38/56, Bloodied 28, Surge Value 14, Surges 7/13
AC 20; Fortitude 19, Reflex 16, Will 17
0 AP
Saving Throws:
+2 vs ongoing damage, take 10 or roll on death saves;
+2 item bonus vs. poison, weakened, slowed, immobilized, charm, feat and psychic effects
Resist 5 psychic

An ally that makes saving throw after Cairn succeeds on his gains +4 to the roll

Speed 6

Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Weight of Earth
Thorn Strike

Warforged Resolve
Second Wind
Thunder Ram Assault
Form of Winter Herald Attack
Earthgrasp Strike

Form of Winter's Herald
Nature's Abundance

[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]There is no noticeable change in the circle. It looks just as active as it did on the other side.

I'll wait for hero's response before resolving. If you want to do a minor action as well hero, I'd be fine with that.[/sblock]

hero4hire

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]There is no noticeable change in the circle. It looks just as active as it did on the other side.

I'll wait for hero's response before resolving. If you want to do a minor action as well hero, I'd be fine with that.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Sure I will activate my Harmonic Sword to give Cairn +2 to attack and Defenses TSNT as a Minor. Not spending my AP just yet.[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Sure I will activate my Harmonic Sword to give Cairn +2 to attack and Defenses TSNT as a Minor. Not spending my AP just yet.[/sblock]

Cairn patiently hews at big skeleton, content he's doing his best to cover his fleshling. He swings hard trying to stagger the giant and as always the earth answers his call, small protrusions forming on the floor grabbing cyclops legs and slowing it down.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Weight of Earth vs. Cyclops AC (1d20+9=17, 1d10+5=8)
Cyclops is slowed TENT
**Cyclops uses Undead Eye, Cairns gains Vulnerable 5 to the cyclops attacks till the end of the Cyclop's next turn.**
[/sblock]

The cyclops raises its massive bone arms above its head and slams down on Cairn but Filo activates the harmonics of his sword just in time which allowed Cairn to negate the force of the blow.

The skeletons keep up their incessant barrage. Only one arrow gets through again, Cairn's defenses being boosted to uncanny levels. One more skeleton draws his sword and rushes along the walkway.

[sblock=ooc]
Cyclops attacks Cairn. 23 vs AC, Misses due to cover and the sword bonus.

Skeleton 1 attacks Cairn, with a sword, 5 and 6 fire arrows. 6 hits 4 damage.

Skeleton 4 draws its sword and double moves to K4.[/sblock]

Initiative!

Round 5

28; Enemies; Acted
Skeletal Cyclops - G3/H4; -59 hp; Marked, Slowed TECNT
Decayed Skeleton 4; F11
Decayed Skeleton 5; B9
Decayed Skeleton 6; B4
24; Cairn; I2; 34/56; cover; +2 to attack and Defenses TSFNT

Stats

Skeletal Cyclops
AC 17
Decayed Skeleton
AC 16 Fort 13

Map

[sblock=Map]
DelveTreasure07.png
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: well, I actually thought hero would use sword + AP to hit with song of dawn, but since cyclops missed due to sword I'd say it was well spent ;) Now if only I could roll above average damage that would fasten the encounter for about a round :p

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Weight of Earth (1d20+11=22, 1d10+5=7)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Cairn Stats]
MARK: Cyclops and #1

Initiative +4; Senses Passive Insight 13, Passive Perception 18
HP 34/56, Bloodied 28, Surge Value 14, Surges 7/13
AC 20; Fortitude 19, Reflex 16, Will 17
0 AP
Saving Throws:
+2 vs ongoing damage, take 10 or roll on death saves;
+2 item bonus vs. poison, weakened, slowed, immobilized, charm, feat and psychic effects
Resist 5 psychic

An ally that makes saving throw after Cairn succeeds on his gains +4 to the roll

Speed 6

Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Weight of Earth
Thorn Strike

Warforged Resolve
Second Wind
Thunder Ram Assault
Form of Winter Herald Attack
Earthgrasp Strike

Form of Winter's Herald
Nature's Abundance

[/sblock]

hero4hire

Explorer
Filo held his sword up high and called upon the light of the sun to burn the cyclops and....nothing happened. "Hmm perhaps we are too far underground?" he muttered in chagrin. "Ah well if first you don't succeed." he continued and belted out a high piercing tone that reverberated his foes bony bodies.
Hairline cracks started to form on the Cyclops itself and the skeleton nearest to Cairn blew apart into so much dust. Seeing his opening Filo then hustled his way over to Cairn and dived between his rocky legs.

[sblock=ooc]Std: song of new dawn vs cyclops (1d20+7=8, 2d8+5=12)
*Miss with another natural one
Action Point: shout of triumph vs cyclops & skeleton1 (1d20+7=17, 1d20+7=17, 1d6+5=10)
*Hit Fort 17 vs Cyclops for 10 thunder damage
Effect: Push Cyclops to E-F/5-6
*Hit Fort 17 vs Skeleton1 for 10 thunder damage
Mov: Walk to H2
Min: None[/sblock]

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads