[Adventure] Dive into Darkness (Judge: stonegod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Cairn continues his slow punishment of the cyclops, even as it does the same.

[sblock=Actions]
Free: mark cyclops and #1
Standard: Weight of Earth (1d20+11=22, 1d10+5=7)
**Cyclops uses Undead Eye, Cairns gains Vulnerable 5 to the cyclops attacks till the end of the Cyclop's next turn.**
[/sblock]

Filo held his sword up high and called upon the light of the sun to burn the cyclops and....nothing happened. "Hmm perhaps we are too far underground?" he muttered in chagrin. "Ah well if first you don't succeed." he continued and belted out a high piercing tone that reverberated his foes bony bodies.
Hairline cracks started to form on the Cyclops itself and the skeleton nearest to Cairn blew apart into so much dust. Seeing his opening Filo then hustled his way over to Cairn and dived between his rocky legs.

[sblock=ooc]Std: song of new dawn vs cyclops (1d20+7=8, 2d8+5=12)
*Miss with another natural one
Action Point: shout of triumph vs cyclops & skeleton1 (1d20+7=17, 1d20+7=17, 1d6+5=10)
*Hit Fort 17 vs Cyclops for 10 thunder damage
Effect: Push Cyclops to E-F/5-6
*Hit Fort 17 vs Skeleton1 for 10 thunder damage
Mov: Walk to H1
Min: None

**H1 is not walkable. Remember, the gray is wall. It's either the the circle, into melee with the skeleton, or down into the lower floor with the cyclops.

Your attack bloodies the cyclops.**[/sblock]

The cyclops picks itself up, dust and bits of bone sliding off its form. Its hollow socket locks onto Cairn and it charges. The first slam is deflected but it follows up quickly hitting the guardian hard.

Bits of earth begin to crumble to the ground as the nearby swordsman moves in on Filo and lands a well aimed blow. Cairn quickly recovers as he dodges a poorly placed arrow and swing.

[sblock=ooc]The cyclops charges to G3/H4 attacking Cairn. 20 vs AC, misses due to cover.

Cyclops uses an AP. Slam vs Cairn. 25 vs AC, hits, 18 damage.

Cairn is now bloodied as well.

Skeleton 4 shifts to K3 and attacks Filo. Crit 4 damage

Skeleton 6 moves to F2. Charges to H2 attacking Cairn. Nat 1

Skeleton 5 fires on Cairn. 9, Miss[/sblock]

---------------------------

Initiative!

Round 5

28; Enemies; Acted
Skeletal Cyclops - G3/H4; 70/146 hp; Marked, Bloodied
Decayed Skeleton 4; F11
Decayed Skeleton 5; B9
Decayed Skeleton 6; B4
24; Cairn; I2; 16/56; cover, Bloodied
15; Filo; K2; 33/41; cover;

Stats

Skeletal Cyclops
AC 17 Fort 17
Decayed Skeleton
AC 16 Fort 13

Map

[sblock=Map]
DelveTreasure08.png
[/sblock]

The outer 1 square ring, is raised 5 feet up and can be reached with an athletics check.

The center four squares is difficult terrain due to treasure.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
OOC: Sorry I meant H2 where you put the skeleton6 :( that would change your whole round methinks

[sblock=ooc]Just a little bit.[/sblock]

RETCON!

Cairn continues his slow punishment of the cyclops, even as it does the same.

[sblock=Actions]
Free: mark cyclops and #1
Standard: Weight of Earth (1d20+11=22, 1d10+5=7)
**Cyclops uses Undead Eye, Cairns gains Vulnerable 5 to the cyclops attacks till the end of the Cyclop's next turn.**
[/sblock]

Filo held his sword up high and called upon the light of the sun to burn the cyclops and....nothing happened. "Hmm perhaps we are too far underground?" he muttered in chagrin. "Ah well if first you don't succeed." he continued and belted out a high piercing tone that reverberated his foes bony bodies.
Hairline cracks started to form on the Cyclops itself and the skeleton nearest to Cairn blew apart into so much dust. Seeing his opening Filo then hustled his way over to Cairn only to be wisked away as he steps over the teleportation circle.

Back in the room of traps and eyes Filo soon realizes why his allies did not follow. Euphie and Edward have fallen unconscious as well, with Elec-squall nowhere to be found.

[sblock=ooc]Std: song of new dawn vs cyclops (1d20+7=8, 2d8+5=12)
*Miss with another natural one
Action Point: shout of triumph vs cyclops & skeleton1 (1d20+7=17, 1d20+7=17, 1d6+5=10)
*Hit Fort 17 vs Cyclops for 10 thunder damage
Effect: Push Cyclops to E-F/5-6
*Hit Fort 17 vs Skeleton1 for 10 thunder damage
Mov: Walk to H12
Min: None

**H1 is not walkable. Remember, the gray is wall. It's either the the circle, into melee with the skeleton, or down into the lower floor with the cyclops.

Your attack bloodies the cyclops.

Moving into J2, activates the teportation circle and ends your move.**[/sblock]

The cyclops picks itself up, dust and bits of bone sliding off its form. Its hollow socket locks onto Cairn and it charges. The first slam is deflected but it follows up quickly hitting the guardian hard.

Bits of earth begin to crumble to the ground as the nearby swordsman moves in to the space where Filo was but stops short of the circle. Cairn quickly recovers as he dodges a poorly placed arrow and swing.

[sblock=ooc]The cyclops charges to G3/H4 attacking Cairn. 20 vs AC, misses due to cover.

Cyclops uses an AP. Slam vs Cairn. 25 vs AC, hits, 18 damage.

Cairn is now bloodied as well.

Skeleton 4 shifts to K3 and attacks Filo. Crit 4 damage moves to K2.

Skeleton 6 moves to F2. Charges to H2 attacking Cairn. Nat 1

Skeleton 5 fires on Cairn. 9, Miss[/sblock]

Initiative!

Round 6

28; Enemies; Acted
Skeletal Cyclops - G3/H4; 70/146 hp; Marked, Bloodied
Decayed Skeleton 4; K2
Decayed Skeleton 5; B9
Decayed Skeleton 6; B4
24; Cairn; I2; 16/56; cover, Bloodied
15; Filo;U5 in other room; 37/41;

Stats

Skeletal Cyclops
AC 17 Fort 17
Decayed Skeleton
AC 16 Fort 13

Map

[sblock=Treasure Room]
DelveTreasure09.png
[/sblock]

[sblock=Trap Room]
DelveMain37.png
[/sblock]

The outer 1 square ring, is raised 5 feet up and can be reached with an athletics check.

hero4hire

Explorer
"Oh fiddely-sticks!" the halfling swore as he moved on and off the circle again. Preparing to parry any blow that may come when he rematerializes. On the other-side he uses his voice to mend Cairn again.

[sblock=ooc]
std:total defense giving +2 to defenses
mov:to u6 then u5
min:majestic word Cairn he gets a healing surge +6[/sblock]

[sblock=Filo stat block]Filo d'Jorasco- Male Halfling Bard 4
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 15
AC:20, Fort:15, Ref:17, Will:18 -- Speed: 6
HP:37/41, Bloodied:20, Surge Value:10, Surges Per-Day 5/9
Initiative +4 Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Saving Throws +5 vs Fear
Powers:
Vicious Mockery
Warsong Strike

Shout of Triumph
Song of a New Dawn
Inspire Competence
Healing Infusion: Curative Admixture/Resistive Formula
Majestic Word x2
Second Chance

Stirring Shout

Healer's Brooch +1
Harmonic Songblade Scimitar +1 (daily)
Healer's Chainmail +1
Floating Light Shield
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Maybe another retcon. Cyclops is slower Cairn TENT and from E5 cannot charge...hm, but can move and charge so everything's fine. Too bad would've been happy to ready an attack to interrupt the charge :)

Full action later...

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Yup, the cyclops has an extra move action left, so that's no issue. I am running a few games right now, so even if you use the same action oftne I would like you to include effects like that when you post.[/sblock]

Neurotic

OOC: Yes I will and sorry for the delay

Cairn stoically bears heavy attack and subsequent relief coming from his diminutive companion. He returns the favor to great skeleton cracking one additional rib, but still the damage is not enough to drop it.

[sblock=Actions]
Mark: Cyclops and #6
Standard: Weight of Earth vs. Cyclops (1d20+9=21, 1d10+5=9) - Cyclops is slowed TENT
Move and Minor: N/A
[/sblock]

[sblock=Cairn Stats]
MARK: Cyclops and #6

Initiative +4; Senses Passive Insight 13, Passive Perception 18
HP 36/56, Bloodied 28, Surge Value 14, Surges 6/13
AC 20; Fortitude 19, Reflex 16, Will 17
0 AP
Saving Throws:
+2 vs ongoing damage, take 10 or roll on death saves;
+2 item bonus vs. poison, weakened, slowed, immobilized, charm, feat and psychic effects
Resist 5 psychic

An ally that makes saving throw after Cairn succeeds on his gains +4 to the roll

Speed 6

Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Weight of Earth
Thorn Strike

Warforged Resolve
Second Wind
Thunder Ram Assault
Form of Winter Herald Attack
Earthgrasp Strike

Form of Winter's Herald
Nature's Abundance

[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Oh fiddely-sticks!" the halfling swore as he moved on and off the circle again. Preparing to parry any blow that may come when he rematerializes. On the other-side he uses his voice to mend Cairn again.

[sblock=ooc]
std:total defense giving +2 to defenses
mov:to u6 then u5
min:majestic word Cairn he gets a healing surge +6[/sblock]

Cairn stoically bears heavy attack and subsequent relief coming from his diminutive companion. He returns the favor to great skeleton cracking one additional rib, but still the damage is not enough to drop it.

[sblock=Actions]
Mark: Cyclops and #6
Standard: Weight of Earth vs. Cyclops (1d20+9=21, 1d10+5=9) - Cyclops is slowed TENT
Move and Minor: N/A
**Cyclops uses Evil Eye**
[/sblock]

The cyclops comes at Cairn again but one might think he was aiming at something completely different. One Skeleton does get a cut in at Filo however.

[sblock=ooc]Cyclops attacks Cairn. Misses like woah

Skeleton 4 attacks Filo. 24 vs AC, hit 4 damage.

Skeleton 5 and 6 attack Cairn. Both miss[/sblock]

[sblock=An Offer from the DM]Here's the deal. It seems pretty clear to me that you guys are going to win this fight. However six more rounds of at-wills and my brains are going to leak out of my ear.

After this fight there is some needed RP clean up. If it's ok with you guys, I'd like to move forward. I will still give you full xp for this encounter.

So, with your blessing, I'd like you to pretend you still have all your powers and an action point. Write an rp post of your selves unleashing a devastating attack on the remaining opponents. If you'd like you receive a surge or power from a god, fey lines, the great bear spirit. . .what have you.

Then I will give you treasure. Then we will RP. Then I will give you xp!

How's that sound?[/sblock]

Initiative!

Round 7

28; Enemies; Acted
Skeletal Cyclops - G3/H4; 61/146 hp; Marked, Bloodied, slowed TENT
Decayed Skeleton 4; K2
Decayed Skeleton 5; B9
Decayed Skeleton 6; B4
24; Cairn; I2; 36/56; cover
15; Filo; J2; 33/41; +2 to defenses TSNT, cover

Stats

Skeletal Cyclops
AC 17 Fort 17
Decayed Skeleton
AC 16 Fort 13

Map

[sblock=Treasure Room]
DelveTreasure10.png
[/sblock]

Neurotic

OOC: He11, yes! - and wow, I heard mentioned that Nature's Abundance was weak choice because it's immovable and a daily, but we got missed more times because of it then because of any other power we used...even Filo's sword bonus wouldn't protect Cairn if not for additional penalty from cover

[sblock=Rant]This repeating is something you should just hijack from us and roll 10 sets of rolls and just describe it :)
I don't have anything truly devastating, Cairn is more controlerish thes strikerish build (pushes, immobs etc...) - my best bet for multiclearing would be attack #4 with thunder ram and cyclops and #6 with secondary effect, assume winterguardian form (for AC) and conti.... ... ... ah, elemental power! Sometimes I'm a little slow.
[/sblock]

Hewing at great skeleton and getting pummeled back enters into a pattern and Cairn's mind enters strange state almost like when he was just a cairn on top of the grave.

Timeless, bound to powers of stone, cold, air and water, bound to Eberron, being part of it. His feet merge into ground, reaching deep, deeper into world power. He produces deep rumbling sound coming less from his throat and more like his whole body was resonating. His eyes flare blue-white, almost illuminating the area around him as power builds within his form.

The power asked, demanded to be unleashed and with primal roar Cairn let it go all at once. His form frosted over, ice spreading all over the floor around him. In a whirlwind he swings halberd over Filo's head, punishing the skeleton for hitting Filo. Turning back, he pushes adjacent skeletal opponents back, crushing the skeleton archer, but Cyclops is too big to move.

However, rumbling increases and as Cairn backswings Ghalad Zar the cracks radiate from him outward toppling cyclops and wice-holding him to the ground. Earth calms down and Cairn's eyes return to normal and legs dettach from the earth. Only ice remains.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: form of the winter herald
Standard:Thunderram Assault primary vs. AC (1d20+9=18, 1d10+5=6) - #4 skeleton dies
Thunderram assault secondary vs. Fort (1d20+9=13, 1d6=5, 1d20+9=19, 1d6=1) - misses cyclops hits #6 (dies)

AP: Earthgrasp Strike vs. AC (1d20+9=18, 1d10+5=6, 1d10+5=10) - cyclops is hit for 6 damage and falls prone and cannot stand TENT Cairn. When he does stand up he is hit for 10 more damage.

Minor: Draw javelin.
[/sblock]

OOC: lots of it, it just flows :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads