[Adventure] Dusk and Her Embrace (Judge: THB)

Walking Dad

First Post
Deimos Vrago, Tiefling Wizard (Mage) 5

"That sounds enchanting. Do we have to share cabins? Not that I am prone to sleep-casting or anything..." Deimos says with a smile.

[sblock=OOC]
wiki sheet is still level 4 and before the flaming weapon update.

Deimos is level 5, but not yet approved for this level.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Deimos Vrago
Perception: 13 Insight: 20 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 16 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 40 / 40 Bloodied: 20
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist: fire 6
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: -
Healing Surge:10 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Magic Missle, Freezing/Fire Burst, Beguiling Strands
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Charm of Misplaced Wrath, Fire Shroud, Shield
Daily Powers: Flaming Sphere, Summon Magma Beast

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
Garfuss nods to Brondin and the rest of the adventurers. "I shall see you on your return with my gold." He grins at Darjiin, claps him on the back, and quickly disappears into the thick crowd in the district.

The dragonborn grunts and, in a gravely voice, replies to Deimos. "You and your group will share a cabin next to mine but you will not be with the rest of the crew, if that is your question." He motions towards the gangplank. "If everyone will get onboard, we can get underway before the tides slip out from under us." With that, he quickly walks up the gangplank and immediately begins barking orders to the crew, a motley assortment of different races.

"This feels just like that race we won. Five strangers of five races with widely different talents. And yet, we're here, selected to do gods know what. What do you say we give the group a name? Five Winds already taken."

drow suggests. If this doesn't garner any interest he retreats into his shadowy corner and sinks into silence, brooding over his fate.

Walking Dad

First Post
Deimos Vrago, Tiefling Wizard (Mage) 5

"This feels just like that race we won. Five strangers of five races with widely different talents. And yet, we're here, selected to do gods know what. What do you say we give the group a name? Five Winds already taken."

"What about COS - Company of Strangers." Deimos suggests with a wink as he moves to check the cabin.

[sblock=OOC]
wiki sheet is still level 4 and before the flaming weapon update.

Deimos is level 5, but not yet approved for this level.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Deimos Vrago
Perception: 13 Insight: 20 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 16 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 40 / 40 Bloodied: 20
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist: fire 6
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: -
Healing Surge:10 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Magic Missle, Freezing/Fire Burst, Beguiling Strands
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Charm of Misplaced Wrath, Fire Shroud, Shield
Daily Powers: Flaming Sphere, Summon Magma Beast

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

jsb420

First Post
"Company 'o Strangers has a nice sound to it." Brondin says after hearing Deimos and Bellegon.

Only the runes will tell if this "company" will stay together or not., Bronidin thinks, then follows the orange dragonborn up the gangplank and onto the ship.

drothgery

First Post
"If you want to name the group, I don't mind." Tana says. In truth, she's used to working with one or two other Library operatives at the most -- usually a bard or an artificer when she's not working alongside someone who has no combat skills at all; she knows quite well what's traditional for adventuring, but that hasn't been her experience.

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
Settling onto the ship, the group has a front row seat to the disembarkation of the Argus. The crew of the ship works as a well oiled machine, having worked together for many seasons. With the last of the fast retreating tide, the brig moves out of the crowded traffic in the harbor and settles into the slow moving current.

Darjiin, the dragonborn captain, finally quiets his constant barking of orders once clear of the dangerous city; he steals a quick glance toward the chattering group and snorts his derision unabashedly. The remainder of the crew, however, seems friendly enough, smiles and nods of greeting a common occurrence.

Hours later, the initial excitement of leaving port far behind, things calm immensely as the crew and captain settle into what appears to be standard fare for trip up the Hilt.

jsb420

First Post
As the ship enters the middle of the wide river, Brondin thinks to himself, The runes be tellin' me to expect a trip, but not fer how long. Perhaps I need to help influence the outcome.

Returning the friendly looks of the crew members, Brondin makes his way to Darjiin, the dragonborn captain. "A moment please, Cap'n. Are ye plannin' any stops on the way to our destination? If'n ya be needin' any help on yer ship here, just ask me. I spent some time aboard the Maiden's Favor, a dwarvish cog, an' I be knowin' me way around a ship."

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
The dragonborn frowns and looks over Brondin with a critical eye. "If you think you've something to offer my crew and can restrain yourself from causing trouble, feel free. As for stops, there will be none. I am not happy with this arrangement and I am not a courier service for some rapscallion such as Garfuss, so this trip will be as short as possible."

He glances towards the other adventurers to include them in his proclamation. "It will take three days to travel up the Hilt, where you will disembark." He produces a rolled parchment and holds it out for Brondin. "The scoundrel has provided a map. Follow it to your destination. I will wait for another three days and then begin my journey back to Sharn - with or without you."

With that, the captain turns from the group and moves toward a couple of sailors who seem to be having an issue with some tangled lines. He barks at them, "Look lively, you fools! Untangle those lines before we lose the wind!"

Remove ads