(Adventure) Dwarven Golems and Old Ruins (GaryH Judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamsteak

Explorer
"You sure you can make it up with all that extra weight? It might get pretty difficult to get up the cliff like that. However, I can climb up real quick and lower a rope or chain if someone has one. That would probably give you enough leverage."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Silvercat steps forward, knowing himself a better climber than the little Halfling. Stripping down to sword,daggers and rope to let down, he begins the ascent.

OoC:Leaving most of my gear in/on backpack, for someone else to tie onto the rope for hauling up.

Dungannon

First Post
"There is some rope on my mule, we can use that to haul up our gear and any of us that have trouble climbing," Devlin offers to Silvercat as he starts up the rock face.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Silvercat and Gur quickly climb the face of the mountain, to find a bloodied body on the ground. The corpse appears to have been incinerated. After a moment, Silvercat notices a folded piece of hardened paper sitting near the body. He grabs it up and examines the lettering:

"Thank you so much for helping me out earlier. Who knows what else could have found me in that grove. Avoid taking the main road out, someone is waiting for you... and you wouldnt' like their company. I also tied up this particular loose end, you at least deserve a chance to escape.

-Francis Jirlai."

Gur peers over Silvercat's shoulder, "What does it say?" He then turns around to the rest of the group, "Um... it looks like someone was killed up here. Burned alive..."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Creamsteak said:
Silvercat and Gur quickly climb the face of the mountain, to find a bloodied body on the ground. The corpse appears to have been incinerated. After a moment, Silvercat notices a folded piece of hardened paper sitting near the body. He grabs it up and examines the lettering:

Gur peers over Silvercat's shoulder, "What does it say?" He then turns around to the rest of the group, "Um... it looks like someone was killed up here. Burned alive..."

Silvercat will quickly secure and lower a rope, while telling Gur what the note says.

Creamsteak

Explorer
I assume everyone comes up, except one person who stays behind to tie up the gear piece by piece to be raised. Then the last man comes up. You can all see that the body is charred beyond recognition, but is definitely humanoid and fairly short.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Pop and Shariff are the last to come up being the lightest and easiest to pull along with the gear. Now that's just not right. Let's get out of here before the body draws preditors.

Dungannon

First Post
"What could he mean by 'loose end'?" Devlin wonders aloud. He begins to examine the corpse and the immediate area for information.

OOC: Using Search to try and find some clue as to the identity of the body and/or what fried him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads