(Adventure) Dwarven Golems and Old Ruins (GaryH Judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Gur looks offended, "Now, a woodsman like me might be the kind of person a smooth talker like yourself would look down on, but let me tell you!" Gur pauses, then realizes that Gregorian probably didn't mean to offend him. "Of course I can track a stodge like Sullivan! He hasn't got a chance of getting away from me! Nope!"

Gur then spends the next ten minutes trying to figure out where Sullivan's tracks would be, but he can't seem to find anything. "Oh... huh. That's odd, the stodge either covered his trail pretty well, or maybe it rained between the time he left and now... damn, that's unusual?"

"So should we still go around abouts to Allimon?"

Creamsteak

Explorer
Gur attempts to lead the party away from the main road and to Allimon. The party attempts to hide their tracks as best they can.

After a six hour journey Gur says, "Well, Allimon is going to take us about one full day to reach from this point. We can make it about four more hours before we rest. Theres a small river up ahead, we can rest near there, I suppose. It will be nice to sleep on dirt instead of stone for a night."

He then looks down at his mottled boots, "I didn't ask for any money beforehand, but I'm going to need to replace these when we reach a city... I'd normally try and fix them, but these look pretty bad."

Gur then begins to lead the way to the river, two hours away...

When everyone reaches the river, everyone begins to set up a campsite and gather whatever additional food supplies they can manage besides their rations. The question comes up of whether to light a fire or not, and if the group will need to keep anyone on watch for the night.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Shariff shivers at the thought of not having a guard. I don't think that's a very good idea. We need to set a watch. I'll be happy to watch for a while but I don't see in the dark as well as an elf so I'll take first watch. Pop will help as well.

Dungannon

First Post
"Given our circumstances, I'd say a watch would be most prudent. We may be able to get away with a small fire to prepare some food, but I suggest we extinguish it before it gets too late." Devlin offers as he begins to set up for the night.

Creamsteak

Explorer
After a short campfire, everyone takes shifts during the night. Gur offers to "tough it out" until the elves have had their fair share of rest, since "they're supposed to sleep less than us, right?"

During the night, everyone hears yelling and talking coming from the other side of the river. When Silvercat looks out, he thinks he can see a large pire of light in the distance. The sounds are mostly human voices, having a great time apparently, on the other bank of the river.

Mithreander

Explorer
Gregorian, hearing the ruckus of their 'neibors' while on his shift at watch, asks "Do you think someone should check them out, just to make sure they have nothing to do with us? No, I don't know how we can get accross the river unnoticed. We did not have time to search for the ford before it grew to dark." answering the question before someone asked it. He knew they probably would not ahve the opertunity to look on the merry makers, but had to ask in case one of the others had any ideas to offer on this subject.

Dungannon

First Post
"Unless one of us has suddenly sprouted wings, I don't think crossing the river at night would be safe at all. Why don't we just lay low and hope they don't notice us."

Mithreander

Explorer
Gregorian is unsurprised by the answer and goes to sleep after his watch.

The next morning, he works with the others to find away across.

"Perhaps it would be a good idea to check out the sight of that other camp. Our capable tracker here could probaly determine numbers and some general information about them in case they are advesaries. What do you think?" As always, he thinks that more information is less, knowledge being power, and since the opertunitiy presents itself, he figured they should not waste it. He also realizes that they ARE a group, and will stand by the groups decision, regardless of what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads