(Adventure) Dwarven Golems and Old Ruins (GaryH Judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamsteak

Explorer
In the morning, the group gathers together their gear and heads upstream a mile, to a point where a fallen bridge sits at the bottom of the river. "We might be able to cross here. Theres an old trail that leads to Allimon past here, and is little known. The bridge is gone, but as you can tell the water is more shallow here. I don't know any better locations..."

Gur looks at everyone, then tries to demonstrate his confidence by wading into the water. He manages to get a quarter of the way across the river before he is even waist deep. "It might bet worse past here... I'd get rid of any extra weight, and the little guy should be on the mount!"

Dungannon

First Post
"Well, it beats swimming. And it shouldn't be that hard to backtrack and check out that party spot we heard last night. Any information we can gather is a good thing in my book." Devlin banters as he begins leading his mule (with Shariff aboard if he so chooses) carefully across the sunken bridge.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
From atop the mount Shariff looks up and down the river. Why would we want to meet up with them? They didn't bother us last night and thee is no sign that are going to bother us. Lets just get back to town.

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin glances at Shariff, a wry grin on his face. "If it makes you feel any better, you can stay upstream with Gur and Silvercat and rest a little while Gregorian and I go check it out. Curiosity seems to be something the two of us share. It shouldn't take too long, we'll just go take a quick look and come right back." Devlin looks over to Gregorian to see his response.

Mithreander

Explorer
Gregorian mooks at Shariff and wonders at his odvious intellegence, but the lack of common sense. Oh well, every one had their faults.

"If you think that's best. You are right, they probably have nothing to do with us, but I, personnally, always feel safer playing it safe. It is proably a waist of time."

He then heard Devlin's question and smiles.

"Now that make sus all happy. We'll be back shortly."

Getting back on his horse, Gregorian heads out with Devlin.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Right, so they leave me behind!"

Gur laughs it off for a second thinking about how confusing these city people are. "Putting pointy metal objects into your mouth for eating is one thing, but running off into the woods without the Ranger is another."

Gregorian and Devlin:
After ten minutes, you reach what appears to have been the site of the bonfire. Ashes have been soaked in water, and the campsite is clear of any activity. There are definitive signs that this was where there was such activity last night, including many broken boxes littered around the area. You can make out that the camp must have cleared itself out an hour before your group reached this location, headed for somewhere in the west.

Mithreander

Explorer
Gregorian looks over the broken boxes to see what sizes they are, and for any signs of what they may have contained.

How many people does Gregorian think may have been there? Did they walk out of camp, or are their signs of animals or wagon wheels, perhaps?

He then looks at Devlin to see if he's satisfied and heads back to the group with the little bit of information that they were able to formulate.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Gregorian: The broken boxes all appear to have been of the same size and material. They were approximately fifteen inches long, nine inches wide, and nine inches deep. They were made of wood that appears to have been of fairly good quality, and some of the boxes are wet. There appears to be no signs of wagon wheels, but you can't make out any sort of trail or signs of numbers. The group must have been fairly large to make all the noise on the previous night. (fairly large being more than ten)

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin searches the area with Gregorian to see if he can find anything about the revellers from the night before.

OOC: Search, and Spot if necessary, to try and find anything useful.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Devlin, you pretty much find the same information as Mith. There is very little left from the encampment, they seem to have cleaned up well after themselves, save for that which they intentionally left behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads