Adventure: Echoes of O

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=Raiyek]The thickness and coarseness of the fur leads you to believe that it comes from some sort of furry humanoid. Shifter, gnoll, bugbear, perhaps even hobgoblin or minotaur.[/sblock]
[sblock=7 Rabbit]For clarification, you've never heard of a ritual sacrifice outside of the Valley of Bone (that is, a RITUAL ritual, with a component cost and such).[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"The fur looks like it's from some sort of furry humanoid. Shifter, gnoll, bugbear, perhaps even hobgoblin or minotaur. Perhaps whoever abducted her hired some muscle to do the job instead of coming themselves, and she struggled?" He ponders for a moment, looking at the hair in his hand. "Or ... maybe it's from them leaving her ... them ... here? Or ..." he turns to their local expert, "Ash, do you know if there were some people of those races that went missing recently? Maybe they came here and got more than they bargained for ..." He looks thoroughly confused.

PierceSG

First Post
"It is hard to say. There are all sorts of people in the slums. Perhaps they thought the Rebekkah was an easy target but was instead set upon by her. OR perhaps they were the bunch whom kidnapped her. Truth to be told, I know about Rebekkah as much as you do."

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk listens intently to the conversation. "Furry creatures and things that scream. The lass definitely was in the wrong place at the wrong time." Kruk shifts some rubble around to form a place to sit and stretch his legs, still tired from the previous battle.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
7 Rabbit looks around at the rubble, and says, "This place feels empty now. I am starting to think that if we stay here tonight and meet those things again, we will not learn much anyway. We should find a safe place to sleep - maybe an inn if you do not trust 'that lech'. Tomorrow I will go to the library and research the creatures. I have heard Daunton has a large and fine library, but I have not had time to see it. I thought it was more important to start meeting the local heroes first hand right away." He adds, to himself, "That may have been a mistake."

Seeing the others glaring at him, he says, No, no! You are all fine people! I just mean that there is so much I do not understand, I should have spent more time learning about the local stars and their magics before plunging in."

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"I would like to stay to see if Rebekkah's captors return. But if we think that we aren't likely to see the culprits tonight, I suppose it would be wiser to find a safer place to spend the night." Raiyek looks a little resigned - perhaps the long day and the harrowing fight have tired him.

The elf nods at Rabbit's suggestion for tomorrow. "Doing some research is a good idea. From our glimpses into her pain, it seems Rebekkah was made that way purposefully by some group. It would be an advantage to know who they might be and what they might have done to her. Let's just not spend too long searching in books, if we have other leads to follow as well."

After a moment, the elf speaks again. "Do ... do you think that these people could have done this to other missing street folk? What I mean is, there could be more of these creatures around, other than just Rebekkah," he says with a slightly troubled look.

dimsdale

First Post
After sitting for a while, Kruk gets up and asks "Where did you find the tuffs of hair?" When told, he heads over and examines the structures in the surrounding area where the tuffs of hair were found, in particular, the walls of nearby homes and the bridge. He looks for a possible entrance to a hidden lair or tunnel. "The hair had to come from somewhere, maybe right in front of our eyes."

[sblock=action]
dungeoneering 1d20+4 = 19

i've been waiting to use this skill...if it applies :)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dawn Raven

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Sorry for not posting. I have this bad habit I seem to be developing of reading and not posting if I don't know what to write! Also, ENworld was down all of yesterday it seemed.

My 'perception' roll was so low its not worth linking.[/sblock]

Les walks to the exit and looks around to see if anyone is watching them. "Good idea. Leave the magic to Seven-Rabbit. If we can figure out what we're dealing with, this will be alot easier. Perhaps we can leave him to research when we go to report to Marley?"

Don Incognito

First Post
Ash and Kruk's searches come up fruitless; there are no other entrances to the tunnel other than the way you came in.

Les yields similiar results; no one is watching you. At least, not anymore.

Light is fading fast; if you're going to make a decision, it would be best to do it before night falls.

[sblock=OOC]You're on the clock, people. I'm ready to move on if you are.[/sblock]

Remove ads