Adventure: Echoes of O

Dawn Raven

First Post
[sblock]
I think everyone is ready to move on now. If I'm wrong, pretend the following doesn't happen..[/sblock]

Les turns back to the others. "Alright, the light is fading. Let us get out of here, now. We should likely report back to Borius and tell him what we have found so far." The githyanki turns and waves a hand over her shoulder, beckoning for the others to follow before heading off into the street at the head of their strange parade.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
7 Rabbit follows close after her, muttering to himself in his own tongue.

[sblock=Magari]
Grand Rising, by the Covenant of Watchers... How can the year be unimportant? Unless he was only considering the short cycles... And what did that wizard Vlastos say? Nergal's Fingers, Lidless Star... that must be Quetzal's Eye, that's obvious... wish he was still around to help me, I'll need to find that book he mentioned, Ibn Jortuur... Right, Grand Rising, Covenant of Watchers, Nergal's Fingers...
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
"Sounds good Les." Kruk says, then grins "If Borius gives you a hard time...one good whack with that weapon of yours will set him straight." Kruk laughs. "Maybe you should do that to him as soon as you see him." Kruk bellows a loud laugh. "I'd like to see that."

Dawn Raven

First Post
Les smiles over at the dwarf and lets out a short laugh. "Perhaps. Although eladrin are a strange breed. He may take it the wrong way, or we may not get paid. I think I'll just use you and Raiyek as pillars from his advancements."

PierceSG

First Post
"Alright, I think there's nothing to be found here. Might as well move all. And who is this Borius fellow you all are speaking of?" Ash follow's Les lead, while still keeping his hands on his dagger.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Alright then, I suppose we should go. Borius might have some idea of where to go next, though I doubt it. He seemed pretty oblivious about this part of town in general." Raiyek follows Les and the others out of the slums.

As they travel, Raiyek explains to Ash, "Borius is our original patron, the man who hired us to find Rebekkah. I'll trust you to be discrete with this information; it could be to our advantage dealing with the gangs. He is an eladrin, one of the city's wealthiest individuals. Rebekkah's parents were good friends of his, and she became his charge after they died. He lost contact with her some weeks ago and got concerned, so he hired us to find out what happened to her." Thinking of the eladrin, Raiyek chuckles a bit, glad to relieve the surreal eeriness of the encounter under the bridge. "And, it seems he has a 'thing' for gith. He's taken," he says with a purposely obvious wink, "quite a liking to Les, here." The paladin laughs again. "But worry not, fair lady - your stalwart companions shall defend your honor!" he declares with mock solemnity, readying his shield and staring stoically into the distance, as though preparing to fend off an attacker. With another grin, he turns to Les and says, "But, in all seriousness, I can try to deflect him if you wish. After all, I said I'd have your back." He seems to quite enjoy her discomfort, but seems sincere in his offer.

dimsdale

First Post
"And I as well Les!. Good point about getting paid first. I'll just hit him with the "flat face" of the axe a couple times. That should do the trick without killing him...wait...that would probably kill him...I'll have to think of something else." Kruk laughs out loud again and gives Les a forearm shiver to the ribcage (a dwarven equivalent to a wink), then looks forward and states out loud, "I hope Borius has some good grub. I'm starving."

Don Incognito

First Post
The party makes its way to Borius' mansion, just as darkness falls. Maitre'd lets you past the gates with a nod, and brings you to the library, where Borius is talking business with a halfling wearing read robes.

"Ah! Welcome back!" he says with a smile. Borius does not notice that one of the faces he hired has changed; such details are beyond him. He claps his hands together. "How did your investigation go?"

You relay the information regarding the incident at the bridge to Borius, who nods periodically. When finished, he looks confused, then seems to have an idea.

"Perhaps we should ask my associate here. This is Allip, my business parter. I take care of the financial side of things, and he takes care of the magical. You would be suprised how many bitter merchants try to unload bolts of cursed silk. Do you have any thoughts, friend?"

The halfling, Allip, looks troubled. He has been listening intently to your story, and when finally called upon, he sighs, and rises from his chair, facing Borius.

"Mr. Gand, we have been partners for years now, haven't we?"

Borius looks confused. "Why, at least five years now! Why do you ask?"

"And you trust me, don't you?"

"Of course I trust you! What's this about?"

The halfling arcanist sighs again, and puts his child-like hand on Borius' knee. "Then trust me when I say this; Rebekkah is gone."

Borius blinks twice in suprise. "What? But...how-"

Allip shakes his head and cuts the eladrin off. "Borius, trust me. It is better that you do not know the details. She is dead, and there is no magic strong enough to bring her back."

"I....I..."

"Go grieve, friend. I will help these folk however I can; they'll spend the night here, and leave in the morning. Go to your room. It is for the best."

"I...yes, of course" Borius turns to Maitre'd. "Make sure they are comfortable. Give them whatever they wish. Money is no object."

The warforged nods. "Of course." Tears flowing from his eyes, the eladrin leaves the room. Allip sighs once more, and turns to your group.

"So, how many of you are arcanists?"

[sblock=OOC]You have reached my favorite part of the adventure! This is not a skill challenge, but it is rather RP heavy. Rather than just give you a block of text, Allip is going to break up the plot exposition into several parts, periodically asking you questions, most of which you will not know the answer to. Feel free to ask questions.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Raiyek isn't going to say anything yet, but he is going to try to see if there's anything to read into the halfling's words and actions, see if he's hiding anything.
Insight on Allip (1d20+8=10). Aw, crap :([/sblock]Raiyek tries to observe the conversation with detachment, trying to pick up on any clues - one never knows who might be involved. However, his emotions start to get the better of him.

PierceSG

First Post
"Who are you? And how do you know Rebekkah is dead? And WHY do you know Rebekkah is dead?" Ash questioned in a menacing voice. "Answer me or meet my blade." Hoping his bluff pulls through.

[sblock=Bluff]13+8=21[/sblock]

Remove ads