• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Fire and Ice

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=FINALLY!!!] WAHOO!!! Immediate Interrupt time!!!

With No #'s attack against Ingot comes Warden's Fury, which hits for 10 damage, and makes him grant combat advantage until the end of Crag's next turn! There you go, Ryryguy, now no maneuvering is necessary![/sblock]

Seeing his foe attempt to slip by and hit one of his friends, Crag swings his blade in an overhead arc that slices through flesh. It doesn't kill his foe, but it is certainly enough to make his enemy reel for a moment or two!

"Ignore ME will you....!"

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn, having recovered from his previous efforts, sees Crag make an opening and takes advantage of it, heaping further pain upon the 'forged's quarry by ripping rather crucial bits of information from the hammerer's mind (OOC: Chaos bolt hits hammer Will 16 (needed the CA - go Crag!) for 12 psychic damage. Even roll hit, so it jumps to hammer 2 but misses. ).

"Let's finish this, gentlemen."

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]

Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 1
Passive Perception 9, Passive Insight 9
AC 14, Fort 11, Reflex 14, Will 16 (base defenses)
HP 5/22, +5 tmp Bloodied 11 Surge Value 5, Surges 6/6
Speed 6, Initiative +4
Action Points: 0

Current Effects
Wild Soul: Cold
+1 AC from even roll
bloodied

Encounter Resources
USED Bedeviling Burst
USED Furious Assault
USED Half-Orc Resilience
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
USED Chromatic Orb

1x potion of healing
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Hadrak side steps Rigas to get a clear line of sight on his cohort and blasts him away. The cohort crumbles to the ground but Rigas takes advantage of Hadrak's distraction to score a hit against him

[sblock=Actions]
OA vs Rigas
vs AC 23 (need a 20) (1d20+2=20, 1d20=3) miss, may take Melee training wisdom somwhere down the line.

Move: to M7
Provoke OA rom Rigas
OA vs 17+1 (1d20+11=25, 2d6=2) Rigas hits for 2
Standard: Sacred Flame
vs Hammer 2 ref 15 (1d20+7=26, 1d6+7=12)
Skaliss gains 2 THP
Minor : Sustain Astral COndemnation

Hadrak is Weakened TENT. 35 HP healed in one action, ain't bad.
Minor:Sustain Astral Condemnation
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat]Hadrak - Male Dwarf Cleric 1
Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 21
AC:17+1 (Sacred circle), Fort:13, Reflex:12, Will:18 -- Speed:5
HP:25/37, Bloodied:18, Surge Value: 9, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Lance of Faith
Sacred Flame

Divine Glow
Healing Word
Healing Word
Life Transference
Channel Divinity

Astral Condemnation
[/sblock]

Last edited:

JRYoung

First Post
Skalisss, almost as an afterthought, hacks down the wobbling Hammer, and turns to confront Rigas for the final show down.

"Now we will sssee what you can do without your lackeysss!"

[SBLOCK=Actions]
Standard Action: Valiant Strike vs Hammer2, against AC, +2 to hit since there are 2 enemies adjacent, attk & dmg (1d20+10=23, 1d8+4=5)
Hit, that is enough to finish Hammer2!

Minor Action: Renew Divine Challenge on Rigas.

Convert Move to Minor: Dragon Breath (Lightning), vs REF, on Rigas (1d20+7=18, 1d6+1=6)
Hit for 6 points!
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Skalisss' Stat Block]
Skalisss - Male Dragonborn Paladin 2
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18
AC:23, Fort:16, Reflex:14, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP 31+2 temp/33, Bloodied 13, Surge Value 9, Surges left 11/11
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Conditions: inside zone granting +1 AC
Powers -
Valiant Strike
Bolstering Strike
Divine Challenge
Piercing Smite USED
Dragon Breath USED
Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle
Channel Divinity: Divine Strength
Lay on Hands x2
Healing Word USED
Paladin's Judgement USED
Sacred Circle USED
Healing Surge from Dwarven Plate Armor USED
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
OOC: Hammer2's attack on Skalisss misses, his AC is 23.

OOC: Also, can Hadrak give the healing to another ally, Skalisss is nearly at max?

[sblock=OOC]AARRG! Healer's Mercy grants every bloodied Ally in a close burst 5 the opportunity to spend a healing surge +5hp. There is nothing to transfer, you are either bloodied or you are not.

I did this because I thought you were bloodied. I saw a good opportunity to heal three allies at the same time. In theory I could heal all four of you if you are all bloodied at the same time.

If you are not bloodied because Hammer missed, you simply don't get the healing. The healer's mercy becomes a lot less worthwhile than I thought it would be (Dorn is reasonably safe despite having low HP and Ingot could have healed himself easily enough without my help.)

I'd have tried to kill Hammer 2 instead if you were not bloodied...

Can we retcon Hadrak's turn?
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I forget, are we doing freeform init order amongst the PC's now?

Anyway, I think it makes sense for Ingot to take its turn now and try to give Crag +4 from Righteous Brand again... if Crag can delay. I'm going to go for it...[/sblock]

Ingot staggers back from the blow. Freezing and burning... it thought. What will it be like to only freeze, or burn? I've only felt both at once... twice, now. But... at least once I must have felt fire alone. But I can't remember...

Its eyelights briefly dim, and the flickering energy where the hammerer had struck it becomes a bright flame. It prays aloud: "Vulkar, lend me the flame of your Forge, to avenge the fallen monks of this temple, and make things right." There is an audible click from inside its chassis.

The flame leaps from Ingot's chest and covers its fullblade, which it swings at an arc at the remaining cultist. Unfortunately, the cultist's armor turns the blade away. Still, some of the flames leap off the blade and onto exposed skin, burning him slightly. OOC: I hope, he may have some fire resistance!

Ingot continues to press the attack, but seems drained by its fiery assault, and the hammerer turns its swings away easily. Undiscouraged, the warforged moves to a ready position and calls on its reserves. The large dent in its chassis from the hammer blow groans and pops, moving slightly closer to true.

[sblock=Actions]Free: Divine Fortune
Standard: Avenging Flame. Avenging Flame, against remaining Hammerer (1d20+7+3=15, 2d12+4=16)
Booo! Half damage - 8 hp, or less.
Spend Action Point.
Standard: Righteous Brand, against remaining Hammerer (1d20+7+2=14, 1d12+4=16) Booo, I hate you too, IC!
Minor: Warforged resolve (heal 3hp, +3hp)

So much for Ingot's big turn. :(
[/sblock]
[sblock=Ingot stat block]Ingot- Neuter Warforged Cleric 1
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP:14/27 + 3 temp, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:9/9
Initiative -1
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: NOT USED
Powers: Sacred Flame, Righteous Brand, Healing Word(x2), Healing Strike, Avenging Flame, Channel Divinity (Divine Fortune/Turn Undead), Warforged Resolve
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads