• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Fire and Ice

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Skalisss - HEAL!]I need you to heal me. I can't let go of Astral condemnation and this eats my minor. I need to shift away and this eats my move. I don't want to lose my attack, we really need to get Hammer down ASAP.

So Heal! Your healing hand would give me 13 HP and that should be enough for one more round (fingers crossed). But if you could also use your daily that would be swell, especially if that kills the damn hammer.

Also, you get +2 to your next attack vs Hammer.

PS:In a situation like this, it'd be great if you were able to use divine sanction to mark both at once.
[/sblock]

[Sblock=Dorn]Be sure to stay close to me. As soon as Skaliss is bloodied I want to healy you both at the same time but you need to be within 5 square.

My latest shift put us within exactly 5 square, as a matter of fact, but keep that in mind when you move.
[/sblock]

Hadrak winces but doesn't make a sound as Rigas claws dig in his flesh.

-''I've been hurt far worse before, you arrogant buffoon. Don't worry, we'll get to you in a moment.'' Hadrak says, quick steeping backward and launching a powerful blast of radiant light not at his agressor but instead toward his weaking cohort. The blow is telling force the target to soit blood.

-''Skaliss, a little help my friend?'' says the dwarf as his blood drips to the floor.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Shift to L7
Minor: Sustain Astral Condemnation
Standard: Lance of Faith vs Hammer 2
vs Hammer ref 15 (1d20+7=27, 1d8+7=10) crit! I knew I was better off attacking!
critical (1d6=3)
18 HP of damage

Skalisss gains a +2 attack bonus for his next attack against Hammer.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat]Hadrak - Male Dwarf Cleric 1
Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 21
AC:17+1 (Sacred circle), Fort:13, Reflex:12, Will:18 -- Speed:5
HP:5/37, Bloodied:18, Surge Value: 9, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Lance of Faith
Sacred Flame

Divine Glow
Healing Word
Healing Word
Life Transference
Channel Divinity

Astral Condemnation
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Dorn]
Safe from immediate harm, Dorn tries to aid his enemies, but his wounds and the prior expenditure of arcane energy have left him feeling depleted.
Jeez, Dorn, why are you trying to aid our enemies???

I guess we should be grateful you were too depleted to actually help them... :p[/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
Holding his ground Skalisss stabs the Hammer with a viscious reverse thrust and then speaks a Holy word to give Hadrak even more of Netari's Divine healing.

"Rigas, you are mine" Skalisss compel's the fiend with Netari's Divine influence.

Standard Action: Paladin's Judgement against Hammer2, includes +2 to hit for Lance of Faith, attk & dmg (1d20+10=24, 3d8+4=18)
This hits for 18 points and Hadrak may use a healing surge.

Minor Action: Healing Word for Hadrak, he uses a healing surge gains his healing surge value plus HS adder (1d6=4)

Convert Move to Minor: Divine Challenge on Rigas.

[SBLOCK=Skalisss' Stat Block]
Skalisss - Male Dragonborn Paladin 2
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18
AC:23, Fort:16, Reflex:14, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP 31+2 temp/33, Bloodied 13, Surge Value 9, Surges left 11/11
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Conditions: inside zone granting +1 AC
Powers -
Valiant Strike
Bolstering Strike
Divine Challenge
Piercing Smite USED
Dragon Breath
Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle
Channel Divinity: Divine Strength
Lay on Hands x2
Healing Word USED
Paladin's Judgement USED
Sacred Circle USED
Healing Surge from Dwarven Plate Armor USED
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Kalidrev

First Post
Hoping to correct his previously wild swing, he comes back with a backhand chop, aiming for his opponents chest while calling on Terra for the strength to endure this fight. As his sword makes contact, sand-like pebbles begin to fill in the some of the dents on Crags body.

"Hey, losers! I'm still standin'! Stay here and do your job, ya bunch of weaklings!"

[sblock=Actions]
-Standard: Strength of Earth hits for 6 damage and gives Crag +5 THP
- Free: Mark all enemies around Crag.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Crag's Stats]
Crag - Warforged Warden 1
Passive Perception 15, Passive Insight 10
AC 20, Fort 16, Reflex 12, Will 12
HP 31/42 + 5 THP, Bloodied 21, Surge Value 10, Surges 12/14
Speed 6, Initiative +0
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Warden's Fury, Warden's Grasp, Strength of Stone, Thorn Strike
Encounter Powers: Earth Spikes, Warforged Resolve
Daily Powers: Form of the Willow Sentinel (Form of the Willow Sentinel Attack)

Note on Warden's Fury and Warden's Grasp:

Warden's Fury gives me a free attack against any of my marked foes adjacent to me that attack any of my allies (as an Immediate Interupt). If it hits, it does my normal basic attack damage, but it also makes the target grant combat advantage until the end of my next turn.

Warden's Grasp lets me slide any of my marked foes within 5 squares of me that attack any of my allies. The slide is one square and it also slows them and doesn't allow them to shift until the end of it's turn (this is an Immediate Reaction). [/sblock]

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I was waiting for Crag, hoping he could finish off that hammerer... not quite, oh well.

Also, I intend to use Ingot's daily against the other hammerer. It's fire based, which I'm afraid may not be very good against Rigas. I will probably wait until Ingot can flank him, though, for maximum chance to hit... If we have any way to maneuver to bring that about, or otherwise get him to grant CA, let's do it![/sblock]

Ingot sees a chance to finish off the cultist that it and Crag have surrounded. Just a moment after the warforged warden's strike connects, the warforged priest's fullblade hacks deep into the cultist's neck, nearly decapitating him and slaying him instantly.

Ingot steps forward between the rows of pews, trying to keep the remaining hammerer pinned in the corner, away from Dorn.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Righteous Brand vs. Hammerer 1 (1d20+7+2=29, 1d12+4=8) Crit! Overkill!!! For the record, it does 20 damage. :)
Move: Walk to J14[/sblock]

[sblock=Ingot stat block]Ingot- Neuter Warforged Cleric 1
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP:27/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:9/9
Initiative -1
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: NOT USED
Powers: Sacred Flame, Righteous Brand, Healing Word(x2), Healing Strike, Avenging Flame, Channel Divinity (Divine Fortune/Turn Undead), Warforged Resolve
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Safe from immediate harm, Dorn tries to bring an untimely end to his enemies, but his wounds and the prior expenditure of arcane energy have left him feeling depleted.

Hoping to correct his previously wild swing, he comes back with a backhand chop, aiming for his opponents chest while calling on Terra for the strength to endure this fight. As his sword makes contact, sand-like pebbles begin to fill in the some of the dents on Crags body.

"Hey, losers! I'm still standin'! Stay here and do your job, ya bunch of weaklings!"

Hadrak winces but doesn't make a sound as Rigas claws dig in his flesh.

-''I've been hurt far worse before, you arrogant buffoon. Don't worry, we'll get to you in a moment.'' Hadrak says, quick steeping backward and launching a powerful blast of radiant light not at his agressor but instead toward his weaking cohort. The blow is telling force the target to soit blood.

-''Skaliss, a little help my friend?'' says the dwarf as his blood drips to the floor.

Ingot sees a chance to finish off the cultist that it and Crag have surrounded. Just a moment after the warforged warden's strike connects, the warforged priest's fullblade hacks deep into the cultist's neck, nearly decapitating him and slaying him instantly.

Ingot steps forward between the rows of pews, trying to keep the remaining hammerer pinned in the corner, away from Dorn.

Holding his ground Skalisss stabs the Hammer with a viscious reverse thrust and then speaks a Holy word to give Hadrak even more of Netari's Divine healing.

"Rigas, you are mine" Skalisss compel's the fiend with Netari's Divine influence.

The hammer remaining next to Crag and Ingot lets loose a roar of rage as his ally falls, his distraction from Crag is not enough to save Ingot from his weapon. The hammer smashes into the cleric's chest, leaving a freezing/burning sensation that heavily damages the warforged, although he leaves himself open to Crag.

The hammerer next to Skalisss managesto stay conscious, although just barely, as he moves to the dragonborn's flank, waiting for Rigas, who steps boldly in front of Hadrak. His hammer flares with the blue fire as he swings his weapon down, and it just barely connects. The paladin feels the pain as his left arm goes numb for a moment. Rigas looks at Skalisss, "Be careful what you wissssh for fool, you just might get it" he taunts, but his words are for naught as Skalisss brings up his shield and the claws scrape loudly against it, unable to pierce Netari's protection.

[sblock=stats]
Rigas - hp 134/134 - 23 AC - F/R/W: 21/18/17
Hammer - hp 60/60 - 21 AC - F/R/W: 18/15/16
Cultist - hp 1/1 - 16 AC - F/R/W: 15/12/12
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
*Hadrak gets an OA on Rigas, Crag gets an attack on Hammer (Warden's Interrupt)

Hammer 2 attacks Skalisss - vs ac; dmg; recharge (1d20 13=22, 1d10 7=12, 1d6=4) Hits for 12 damage, no recharge

Hammer attacks Ingot - vs ac; dmg; rechard (1d20 11=25, 1d10 3=12, 1d6=4) hammer hits for 16 damage, but fails to re-charge (forgot his power in the dmg area)

Rigas moves next to Hadrak, attacks Skalisss vs ac; dmg (1d20 11=16, 2d6=8, 1d20 11=14, 2d6=7) I forgot flank bonus but it doesn't matter.... thought I had you there...

Rigas - 101/134 hp, - Rigas takes a penalty of 6 to his damage rolls TENT (Hadrak)
Hammer - 50/60 hp
Hammer 1 - 11/60 hp, bloodied - dead
Hammer 2 - 3/60 hp, bloodied
Dorn - bloodied
Ingot - bloodied
Skaliss - bloodied

Initiative:

17 Bad Guys
17 - Dorn - 5/22+5thp<- you're up
12 - Crag - 31/42 +5thp
10 - Hadrak - 27/37
8 - Ingot - 11/27, bloodied
6 - Skaliss - 10/33, bloodied

bad guys; hadrak; Dorn; ingot; crag; Skaliss (1d20 5=17, 1d20 2=10, 1d20 4=17, 1d20-1=12, 1d20=8, 1d20 1=6)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=renau1g](Doh, Ingot should have only moved one square forward, forced the hammerer to come out where we could flank him... oh well.)

The die roll for the hammerer's attack on Ingot shows 12 damage, but your text says 16... which is right? Oh, I guess 16, is that what you meant about "forgot his power in the dmg area"? But just double checking.

Also, doesn't Crag's free attack on the marked target finally trigger? Yay![/sblock]

Remove ads