• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Hysteria's Ascendency (Judge: Stonegod)

jsb420

First Post
Reposted for Stonegod:
[sblock=The Math]
415 wererat minion x5 (83 XP ea)
600 wererat x3 (200 XP ea)
500 wererat brute x2 (250 XP ea)
1515 sub-total
3030 doubled

505 XP total XP each

Braddock: 5635*+505=6141 XP
Kellindil: 3750*+505=4255 XP
Quan: 3750*+505=4255 XP
Orsik: 9337*+505=9842 XP
Rikka: 9800*+505=10305 XP (Gain 1 level)
*NOTE: These XP totals were taken from your wiki pages.

[sblock=Time XP/gp]Hasn't been a month yet so I'll hold off on this for right now.[/sblock][/sblock]

GM: [MENTION=48394]pathfinderq1[/MENTION]: Got the word from Stonegod that you are all approved for your last level. Go ahead and level up (and then get in line again for approvals!).

Everyone: Looks like Muzdum is joining us. I'll wait for him to post then we'll continue (thanks jonmeier1 for getting him - love, lazy GM).

We've had votes for both checking out the trapdoor, as well as going to the Eldon, the gnome apothecary. So I'll need to know what choice you have made.

pathfinderq1

First Post
As Quan returned with his new recruit, Rikka slid forward out of the shelter of the ruins. Still in her leopard form, she growled "Another dwarf- perfect for some tunnel exploration. Let's have these rats- or their friends- out of their hole..." With a rough purr that might have been the feline equivalent of a chuckle, Rikka moved forward towards the trapdoor.

[sblock= OOC]
>Leveled up and ready to go.
>As noted, Rikka doesn't want to leave a loose end like that trapdoor behind- she would rather check it and then move on to other choices than go somewhere else and return here later.
>Unless physically prevented from doing so, Rikka will approach the trapdoor slowly and cautiously, she will examine the door itself and attempt to listen to hear if there is any activity under the door
>Stealth check (cautious approach) 1d20+11= 18
>Perception check (examine/listen at trapdoor) 1d20+20= 29
>Rolls: Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Approved]
Reposted for Stonegod:
[sblock=The Math]
415 wererat minion x5 (83 XP ea)
600 wererat x3 (200 XP ea)
500 wererat brute x2 (250 XP ea)
1515 sub-total
3030 doubled

505 XP total XP each

Braddock: 5635*+505=6141 XP
Kellindil: 3750*+505=4255 XP
Orsik: 9337*+505=9842 XP
Rikka: 9800*+505=10305 XP (Gain 1 level)
*NOTE: These XP totals were taken from your wiki pages.

[sblock=Time XP/gp]Hasn't been a month yet so I'll hold off on this for right now.[/sblock][/sblock]
[/sblock]
GM: [MENTION=48394]pathfinderq1[/MENTION]: Got the word from Stonegod that you are all approved for your last level. Go ahead and level up (and then get in line again for approvals!).

Everyone: Looks like Muzdum is joining us. I'll wait for him to post then we'll continue (thanks jonmeier1 for getting him - love, lazy GM).

We've had votes for both checking out the trapdoor, as well as going to the Eldon, the gnome apothecary. So I'll need to know what choice you have made.
OOC: In game leveling does not require judge approval, only DM.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Hey" kept saying the dwarf, anoyied that the elf didn't gave him the bottle, as he kept trying to snatch it from his hand, and failing due to his short stature. "Yer gonna make me mad, ye don wanna see me mad!"
As a random animal came out of nowhere and started speaking to the elf, Muzdum jumped out of the way. "Dinner's also included?" he asked, staring at the elf, hand in the hilt of his axe, and his free hand closed into a tight fist.

OOC: Hola :)

"Yes, and you're it!" speaks huge goliath ominously.

After a second of hard staring he cracks small smile. "Welcome. We're tracking some wererats. Would you be willing to help?"

FourMonos

First Post
"Ach, Muzdum! I was beginning to worry ye had found the bottom of the ale cask too irrestable!"

He motions to the trap door, "There be some wererat scum that tried to kill us a moment ago. We be thinkin' we need to go ferret them out. What say ye?"

[sblock=dwarven] Keep an eye on the elf folk. Very sneaky, that one! [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc] I vote trapdoor then alchemist [/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Quan takes a quick pull of the bottle before tossing it to Muzdum. He grins comically watching the dwarf try to catch it before tumbling towards the trapdoor and falling in after Rikka.

FourMonos

First Post
"Allow me," Braddock makes his way over to the trapdoor. He fumbles around in his cloak pockets for the right thieves tool, but isn't sure if the tumbler falls with all the cursing under his breathe.

[sblock=thievery check] 1d20+10 → [4,10] = (14) Roll Lookup [/sblock]

jsb420

First Post
GM: Majority rules. Opening the trapdoor

Kellindil is hidden in shadows, sharp eyes keeping watch.

Orsik eyes the trapdoor, maul in hand.

Rikka listens, ears rotating, but picks up no suspicious sounds. Feline eyes scanning, she sees nothing out of the ordinary about the trapdoor, except that it’s in good condition compared to the ruined warehouse.

Quan tumbles out of the drunken dwarf’s reach, tossing his flask to Muzdum.

Muzdum stumbles forward, grabbing the flask from Quan, is shocked at Rikka’s appearance.

Braddock is able to maneuver the simple bar locking the trapdoor, and from inside the space below the door, you hear a muffled thump as the bar lands. You wait for a few seconds for anything to happen, and nothing does.

Braddock and Muzdum muscle the door open.
[sblock=Cellar]
8veMw.jpg
[/sblock]

From the darkness below, the first thing you notice is the pungent smell of an open sewer. In the dim light from the trapdoor’s opening, you can see the room is smallish (20x25). Overturned crates, a few casks of cheap wine (just for Quan and Muzdum, haha), bundles of clothing, torches, a few coils of rope, and various other mundane supplies are tossed and scattered around the floor, as if someone (or something) grabbed only essential items before fleeing.

From your position at the trapdoor opening, beyond a short stairway, you can see rubble littering the floor directly in front of a gaping hole in the west wall, opening directly into Cliffside’s ancient sewer system. The room is otherwise unoccupied.

GM: Feel free to introduce yourselves to Muzdum, then enter the room below.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Ach, Muzdum! I was beginning to worry ye had found the bottom of the ale cask too irrestable!"

He motions to the trap door, "There be some wererat scum that tried to kill us a moment ago. We be thinkin' we need to go ferret them out. What say ye?"

[sblock=dwarven] Keep an eye on the elf folk. Very sneaky, that one! [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc] I vote trapdoor then alchemist [/sblock]

"Oi Braddock, just when I thought I lost ye, I found ye again! The gods favour me." states the brawler, winking about the comment in dwarven. "Sure thin' I'll kill some wererats, it's always a pleasure to rip heads apart and sink heads into shoulders with some friends."

Muzdum boldly enters the room, peeking through the gape in the wall, hoping his darkvision would allow him to notices something.

Passive perception: 14

Remove ads