• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Into the Wild

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: I don't remember where I saw it, but there was a FAQ asking a question about Twin Strike vs Goblins shift-away ability. The Wizards response was that the goblin could shift after the first attack, it didn't have to wait for the power to finish.

Basically, you can have reactions occur in response to each line on a power (on attack, on hit, on miss, on effect, etc, you don't have to wait until the whole power has been resolved). Supposedly this is from the Rules Compendium (I don't have access anymore so I can't tell).

"An immediate Reaction lets a creature act in response to a Trigger. The Triggering action or event occurs and is completely resolved before the Reaction takes place. An Immediate Reaction waits for its Trigger to finish, not necessarily for the action that contains the Trigger to finish."

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
GM: This is basically you getting burned by the afterburner of the appolo rocket. The attack and the movement are simultaneous and really it's the movement that hurt you. He wasn't hit.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=82251]TwoHeadsBarking[/MENTION], I don't think you can target W2 with blast 3 since he's 13 squares up...

Rocco shakes his head.
"You think running away will save you? Only thing you accomplished is coming closer to more of us and coming further from your allies. I will get you eventually."

The axe he throws falls short, but it still gets some attention from the cambion.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: RBA vs Chained Cambion AC; Damage (1d20+11-2=13, 1d6.minroll(2) +10=13) - miss, MARK

Save vs Daze (1d20=1) - ouch!

If chain attacks anyone, violating Rocco's Mark, Rocco teleports adjacent to him in flanking position (if possible) due to Foe Chaser Boots.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Rocco Stats]
MARKED: Chained Cambion

Initiative +4; Senses Passive Insight 15, Passive Perception 20
HP 34/55, Bloodied 27, Surge Value 13+1, Surges 11/12
AC 20; Fortitude 19, Reflex 16, Will 16

0/1 AP
Speed 5

Dual Strike
Brash Strike
Combat Challenge
Combat Superiority
Pass Forward

Funneling Fury
Sweeping Blow
Second Wind

Villain's Menace
Dancing Defense

Foe Maker Hand Axe - daily, standard, everyone within 5 squares are marked by Rocco
Mithral Chainmail - daily, immediate reaction, halve the damage of melee or ranged attack
Foe chaser boots - Daily immediate reaction: Trigger: Marked enemy makes an attack that doesn't include Rocco. Effect: Rocco teleports adjacent to the marked enemy.
Flesh Grinder Handaxe +2 - Daily free: Trigger: make an attack that attacks AC; Effect: Attack targets Fort and deals extra 1d6 damage

[/sblock]

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Haruka circles behind the imp, darkness roiling behind her. She tears at the small devil with vicious movements, nearly tearing the creature apart.

[sblock=actions]Move: East three, SE one, SW one, retain concealment.
Standard: BDotV vs Imp. Hits Fort 21 for 34 fire and necrotic damage. I get a +5 power bonus to my next damage roll against him before the end of my next turn, but I doubt that will matter.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Haruka's mini-stats] Haruka Sato human hexblade 8
Initiative: +6 | Passive perception: 13 | Passive Insight: 19
AC: 25 | For: 22 | Ref: 20 | Will: 23
HP: 38/65 | Bloodied: 32 | Surge value: 16 | Surges: 10/10
Speed: 5 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +14 vs AC, 1d12+14 necrotic damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +13 vs Reflex, 1d10+14 force damage
Powers: Eldritch Bolt, Soul Eater
Blazing Doom of the Void (0/2), Reflexive Hellfire
Decree of Khirad, Crackling Fire
Heroic Effort, Assassin's Shroud (0/2), Shadow Step
Ethereal Stride, Lesser Planar Ally, Dark One's Own Luck
Ironscar Rod, Prison of Salzacas, Blackleaf Gloves

Conditions:
DR 4
Concealed

[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
The warlord smiles as the hexblade flanks the imp giving it a punishing attack. Ok Haruka...time for a little two-on-one. Max slashes his sword at the imp. As the imp tries to avoid the attack, the sword catches his arm, cutting it off. The imp screams in pain and collapses to the ground. The brutal assault from Haruka, then Max, proves too much for the foe. Damn! the warlord says shaking his head Haruka, I was going to get ya a free shot at him. Looking down at the corpse guess we'll have to wait for another time huh. The warlord chuckles as he scans the area for a new enemy to attack.

[sblock=actions]
minor: none
movement: none
attack: Brash assault vs imp ac: 1d20 + 14 + 2 (CA) = 35 for 14

the imp dies before having a chance to attack Max...I think that's how it works

[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Reeling from the Cambion's attack and after effects, Renquist takes a moment to regain his senses and clear his head.

[sblock=actions]
Standard: Second Wind, regain HS +2 defenses TENT
Save: 1d20 → [12] = (12) Roll Lookup No longer dazed.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Renquist, Revenant paladin of Lauto
Status: bloodied, DR 3 TENT, +1 all defenses (hallowed circle), +2 defenses TENT (second wind)
Init: +3 Speed: 5 Perception:15 Insight: 20
AC: 24/23 (24 if not bloodied) NAD: F: 17 R:18 W:19
HP: 25/54 Surges: 9/12 Surge Value: 13 AP: 1
Languages: Allerian, Old Allerian
Str:13 Dex:12 Wis:16 Con:15 Int:8 Cha:18

Powers:
At-Will: Ardent Strike, Enfeebling Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (2/3)
Encounter: Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle or Divine Strength, Second Wind, Valorous Smite, Dark Reaping, Call to Arms, Call of Challenge, In Death, Life
Daily: Radiant Delirium, Hallowed Circle

Special: AC is 24 when not bloodied. Gains 3 DR TSNT if Renquist spends a healing surge. [/sblock]

[sblock=Mal] Mal, I may have missed something on Renquist's HP, but I had him at 12 HP before this round. By what you have, I have more HP. Let me know if I missed something. [/sblock]

Last edited:

[MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION], You regains also aditional +4 from being adjacent to Primera and you can use final 3d8 extra surgeless healing if you want...actually, the power doesn't give you any choice, so you regain extra Extra healing for Renquist (3d8=11) and this should fill you up.

EDIT: I broke the internet :( I posted first two rows, clicked post, then tried to edit and it wouldn't let me :(

Nementah watches as enemies take initiative again and her companions deal with various spells devils used. She decides she should follow the example of her group since the imp is killed and recover some of her strenght.

She moves away from terrible devil and call Primera closer to benefit from her healing magics.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: two left, six up, Primera moves adjacent in such way to block direct line from chained cambion
Standard: Second Wind healing 12+4

Save vs ongoing (1d20=5) - IC hates me

Out of turn in this order
Immediate Reaction: if enemy ends it's move adjacent to Nementah she pushes it back 1 square

Immediate Interrupt: [sblock=Infectious Spark]
Trigger: SC is hit a melee attack
Attack: +9 vs Will
Hit: 1d8+5 psychic damage and the target makes melee basic attack against the enemy of Nementah's choosing. SC dissapears and Nementah takes no damage from the dissapearance.
Attack most wounded or itself.
[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Nementah]

Initiative +3; Senses Passive Insight 15, Passive Perception 20
HP 25/51, Bloodied 25, Surge Value 12, Surges 6/11
AC 17; Fortitude 18, Reflex 16, Will 18
1 AP
Speed 6

+1 to hit vs bloodied enemies

Spirits Shield
Protecting Strike
Call Spirit Companion
Spirit of the Tempest

Second Wind
Voyage of the Ancients
Wrath of the Destroyer
Pursuit of the Hunter
Healing spirit
Healing spirit
Speak with spirits
Certain threat

Cleansing Wind of the North
Protective Roots
Wind of Pain and Succor

Repulsion Armor - daily

[/sblock]

[sblock=Primera - please read]
Primera grants to those adjacent:
+1 NADs
+4 to surge value on second wind

Primera can make OA:
Trigger: Enemy leaves a square adjacent to SC without shifting
Attack: +9 vs. Reflex (+10 if enemy bloodied)
Hit: 4 damage
Effect: One ally within 5 squares of SC regains 4hp

Primera CANNOT flank, grant CA, cover or be damaged by area attacks

If she takes 12hp in single melee or ranged attack she dissapears and Nementah takes 6 damage (can be reduced by DR)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads