Adventure: Into the Wild

"I'm not sure they would just like that admit what they may see as monsters, namely, me, Renquist and Virgil. Altough, I guess, Renquist could pass as human with no trouble. Hmm, and this is Feywild, they might have seen us somewhere. That leaves only Virgil. Let's observe for a time to see how you obtain those papers or what happens if you don't have them.

Dante, could you run back along the road and check if there is some hmm...paper station before this gate."

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
OOC: Assuming Dante takes Nementah's suggestion, he realizes that the majority of travellers already have their paper before coming into town, presumaby because they are subjects of Severus' domain and they have been issued by officials within a city.

That being said, some foreign merchants approach specifically identified patrols of soldier (those who have a captain or better as the ranking officers) and then ask for papers, which they obtain only after a thorough interrogation and inspection.

Making the paper itself seems very easy; the officier writes a few short sentences and stamp it with his seals. Presumably these are temporary visas because by the looks of it the officer can't be writting much more then the name, a date and a short description of the individual.

Concerning your appearances; you would stand out but not unduly so. The natives seems to be mostly gnomes and elves but the visitors/merchants are a much more varied lot and Virgil could pass as a pet, albeit an unusual and slightly suspicious one.

FourMonos

First Post
Renquist listens to Dante's report and observations. "Perhaps Ibram or Namentah could act as foreign merchants, seeking to establish trade routes, and we three act as your guards. Understandable given the environment and goblins."

"We are not suitable for such role. This pla...um...I am too new to the ways of civilization. But I may take the role of your guide and interpreter."

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dante, his report complete, stands watching the surrounding forest while everyone else decides where they are going.

Virgil huffs over to a nearby bush, coughs black smoke, then begins eating the bushes leaves one at a time.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
OOC: Which translates into you'll try have Ibram fast talk your group into Visas? (Foreign Merchants wouldn't work; where are your wares? Mercenaries is more likely.) Unless there is an objection I'll lead with you approaching a patrol tomorrow evening.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
The group approaches the smallest patrol with a ranking captain they can find. If things go sour, they have a fighting chance of taking out the patrol and then try to forge a visa from the captain's seal!

Facing about a dozen armed men, the group really hopes that bluffing works. The captain is an heavily armored, surly elf who eyes them suspiciously.

[sblock=Short skill challenge]Let's keep this short and sweet;

4 success before 2 failures.

DC 16

Obviously the key skill is bluff and you need to get at least 2 successes with that skills.

You also need to score at least one success from skills that support the idea that you are mercenaries. Improvise.

Aid another works as usual, remember that DC is now 11 if you are level 2.

No more than 2 full rounds so that's a maximum of 10 checks (2 each) so don't overdo the aid.
[/sblock]

Remove ads