Adventure: Just Before Nightfall (DM:johnmeier1, Judge:Ozymandias79)

johnmeier1

Explorer
From his vantage point in the tree, Tonk sees far through the woods and from below Murphy sees through the brush with his eagle eyes. Ahead is a small group of people. Among them are two large wolves that are sitting on the ground, seemingly at ease. As you get closer you see that there is one woman and two men, all three of them are very pale and wear elegant black clothing. The two men are petting the wolves in a nonchalant manner and the woman is looking in your direction while smiling.
[sblock=OOC] Okay, I assume that some of you will approach with stealth again, so you can roll that. Otherwise you see them and they see you at around 100 feet (20 squares) I have a map ready, but will wait to place the pieces until after you describe your approach. Anyone can also roll arcane for the pale humanoids.
[sblock=Knowledge Arcana 15]Not vampires, but Shadar-kai humanoids of the shadow realms. Two gloom blades and a witch (female). Their settlements can be found throughout the Shadowfell. Shadar-kai villages, towns, and cities are grim places populated by coldhearted, pitiless people who crave power and do not fear death. In fact, most shadar-kai embrace death, trusting that the Raven Queen will keep their souls safe long after they’ve passed on.
[sblock=DC 20]Shadar-kai society is meritocratic. Personal achievement and glory defines a shadar-kai more than family, wealth, or holdings. A shadar-kai can gain a lot of power and prestige by murdering rivals, slaying powerful beasts in the name of the Raven Queen, or wreaking havoc and reaping
souls in the natural world. The gloom blades can disappear and attack, they also blind those they hit. The witch attacks the mind from range and can also summon shadows around her to hurt those near.
[sblock=DC 25] All shadar-kai have the ability to teleport a short distance and reappear in a dark, wraithlike form. They have no special weaknesses or resistances, they don’t care about sunlight.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]
[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
Dextyr walks along beside Shorrin just in case he needed a hand keeping up with the others again.

[sblock=When he gets close enough to see the group of people]
Dextyr studies the group for a moment but instead his mind wanders off topic and begins recalling a night he spent entertaining the curvaceous Beaufey twins......

[sblock=Mechanics]
1d20+6 (Arcana Check)=7
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

changer

First Post
Janus creeps forward with his comrades, keeping to the back of the group. His attention is drawn from the forest floor where he was watching a slug slither under some leaves to the strange group ahead.

A moment of recognition passes quickly as Janus's attention returns to the slug.

[sblock=ooc]
Arcana 1d20+10=14
[/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Shorrin walks in the front of the group, trusting on the keen eyes of Murphy. Shorrin ducked behind his shield, using it to push away the brush.

[sblock=ooc]

I used invisiblecastle to roll Arcana (got a 14), then my computer shutdown. I didn't bother posting the link because I didn't make the DC. [/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
As the party approaches the three pale humans, they look in the direction of the four visible party members. The two men wearing dark chainmail of fine make draw greatswords and the wolves growl. The woman appears clad in a dark corset of leather and an elegant dress, she looks at the main group and says in a loud voice “Go away fools, or suffer our wrath!”

[sblock=status] I have set Murphy and Tonk in cover (you can both take 1 move action immediately to reposition yourselves, -5 to stealth if you move more than 2) and the rest of you at the edge of the map in Larinza’s tactical layout. You can see the five enemies on the map. Consider every green square (more than half green) to provide cover, but the trees are too small to take up a whole square so there is no difficult terrain. Initiative for PCs, Initiative for Enemies:
Character Init Pos Status HP
Pale male 1 32 S21
Pale male 2 32 Q24
Grey Wolf 1 20 S20
Grey Wolf 2 20 P24
Dextyr 20 B8 33/33
Janus 16 A8 30/30
Pale Woman 14 S23
Murphy 11 D7 Stealth 26 37/37 <-move action now
Tonk 10 D6 Stealth 27 24/24 <- move action now
Shorrin 6 B8 43/43
Larinza 4 A7 29/34
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
42426d1262109149-adventure-just-before-nightfall-dm-johnmeier1-judge-ozymandias79-forest1.jpg

[/sblock]

[sblock] Enemy Stats
Males AC 20, Fort/Ref/Will 17/18/15
Wolves AC 16, Fort/Ref/Will 14/14/13
Female AC 21, Fort/Ref/Will 18/19/19
[/sblock]

Attachments

• forest1.jpg
    forest1.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 95

Remove ads