• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] - you can make a new PC if you'd like or Ezmerelda can ride off with Ruarc into the sunset. Whichever you prefer. The shielding swordmage is a great defender, the assault one is definitely better at secondary defending.

The other two players are JoeNotCharles (warden) and FourMonos (barbarian). Not sure they venture outside of L4W/LEB though.

re: Fey - they have a large role later on in the AP, but I'm doubtful we'll make it to modules 5 & 6. Even if we somehow did, there are always multiple fey factions you could be working for a different one. [/sblock]
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
As the party appears stuck with what to do with the kobolds, Ruarc and Ezmerelda look at each other, "Alright, these guys don't seem to be too hard. If we're around your clan's home we'll stop in and see if we can help" the swordmage says as the goliath suddenly collapses. His body is contorted in pain as Ruarc is doubled over. Neither Mari nor Elurin can figure out what's wrong.

"We should get him back to Oleg's. Perhaps that new priest can help? Jhod I think his name was." Easy says.

At least the primal members of the party know to fashion a litter from some of the nearby flora and quickly the group begins moving back to camp.

[sblock=Razam]
[MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION] -
Your last memories were of a brief jaunt in the Feywild, what you were doing there is your own business when you felt an odd sensation and suddenly you felt something inside you, an energy and a feeling of your feet falling out from under you. You look around and the land seems far brighter, much less vegetation surrounding you, even sparse compared to the Feywild. What is clear is that you aren't on that plane anymore. Looking around your gear made the trip with you. You see a quintet of a menagerie of races moving, one of their number, a large giant of a man, is on a litter. They are well armed and move with confidence [/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=ooc] For better or worse, Razam is anything but quiet... [/sblock]

"KRAAA-KA-BOOOOOOM!"

Arcane energies briefly fill the air and a peel of thunder resounds loudly through the forest. Energy ripples about for a few brief seconds before the normal atmosphere returns. The arcane disturbance appeared several hundred yards down from the party, between them and the trading post.

As they watch, a large purple genasi with lightning shaped szuldar stands up from the forest floor. He seems fairly well shaken as he stumbles a bit, holds his head with his right hand and steadies himself with his left hand against a tree. You notice an obscenely large sword sheathed across his back.

Leif

Adventurer
Faustus, Tiefling Avenger of Lauto

Hearing the thunder, Faustus extends his hand to catch a raindrop, but feeling no moisture fall from the sky, the Tiefling says, "Oh, my, something is definitely afoot!"

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Ezmerelda casually draws her sword and holds it ready. The blade steams in the humid air and frost etches crazy lines up and down the sleek steel flat. Her other hand she holds out, fingers splayed, maintaining a barely-visible arcane shield around herself.

"Oy there!" she calls. "Who are you and what're you doing there?"

FourMonos

First Post
The large genasi looks up at Ezmeralda's call. Clearly, he is still not altogether as he stumbles two steps left and catches himself on another tree.

His eyes still swimming, Razam takes in the armed group, the lead scoundrel with her blade drawn.

"Oye, give me a moment if you're going to attack, I still am not used to portal jumping or whatever its called. Especially if I didn't see it coming."

Clumsily he reaches up and takes hold the pommel of his sword.

But then it seems his vision fully clears and he takes in the group for the first time. His hand falls away from his blade as a large grin splits his bearded face.

"Huzzah! A sister!"

[sblock=Primordial] "You are a sight for sore eyes, my sister! It's refreshing to see such radiant beauty in a place so plain as this! (he bows clumsily as he clearly isn't balanced) Please, m'lady, call me Razam. I am of the Clan Al'Amani, long from here. I am at your service..." [/sblock]

He steps forward confidently as he walks, speaking to Ezmeralda all the while.

Scotley

Hero
Mari relaxes a little, but does not assume the newcomer is a friend. She is mildly offended that her own beauty was ignored in favor of that air-headed slip of a girl.

Leif

Adventurer
Faustus, Tiefling Avenger of Lauto

The ram-horned Tiefling boldly says, "What manner of creature are you, Violet One, and whence and how came you to be here amongst us at this moment? Speak well and swiftly, lest we all set upon you and reduce your very members to sticks of purple kindling wood." [Aside, to the others in his band, Faustus says, "And we could do it, too, ya know!"]

FourMonos

First Post
Razam turns from Ezmerelda and looks eye to eye with the tall Tiefling. His eyes measure the moxie of the man (?) in front of him.

"Kindling?" He muses.

Another moment passes in silence. Then as if he can't hold it in anymore, Razam bursts out, "BWA- HAHAHAHAHA! Kindling! That is hilarious! HAHAH!" The group hears the distant rumbles of thunder as the large genasi laughs.

He doubles over for a second, then finally stifling the laugh and wiping tears from his eyes. When he straightens up, he gives Faustus a hearty slap on the arm. He speaks to Ezmerelda, indicating Faustus, "I like this one. Very funny!"

He then looks around the group, "But where are my manners?" He takes a small bow, "I am Razam of clan Al'Amani. I am genasi, just as the fair lady with the drawn sword here. (indicating Ezmerelda) We are of the elements. My clan are all free spirits of Windsoul, also like the lady. I am the only one of my clan that is of the Storm. Like a storm, I roll ever forward in search of my destiny. And who be all of you?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads