• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] KOGANÙSAN (DM: Sanzuo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Someone

Adventurer
raceportshardmind.png

The archers surely raised the alarm. We may face tougher opposition if we don't hurry, though we also may have an opportunity to parley. I didn't think our position in that crooked bridge was particulary strong for that.

I also think the western door may lead to the closed main gates, while the one in front of us most probably lead further inside the complex.

OOC: My vote goes for checking the door on our left first. As for the short rest, I'm cool with either option

Tenchuu

First Post
"Agreed," Halleck said, then smirked, "But who volunteers to go in the room first? Could be a tra-ap" he said in singsong.

Sanzuo

First Post
GM: So we have a half-vote for resting and one-and-a-half vote for not resting?

That's what I'll assume unless it changes by the time I update tonight.

Sanzuo

First Post
Just as Brenwar is about to venture into the room, Karma telekinetically hefts his trusty trap-rock and chucks it over the paladin's head. In an instant something happens.

crossbowturret.jpg

Alert! Hostile rock detected! Activating anti-rock defense program!

Before the stone even finishes its trajectory, two hidden crossbows mounted on turrets flip into view from concealed ceiling panels. They riddle the rock with small but deadly bolts, pulverizing it into gravel before it hits the ground. They seems to give off satisfied "ka-chunk" sounds as they reload.

[sblock=Map]
battle04map03.png
[/sblock][sblock=Terrain]
  • The ceiling is 10 feet (2 squares) high.
  • The bunks are blocking terrain.
  • The chairs and tables are difficult terrain.
  • The only illumination is from the group's sunrod.
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
Halleck raised his hand, his index finger pointed up, and he looked around to his companions, "I believe I called that. Let the record show: I predicted this trap."

"Now, how to we get past it? Do you suppose the trap could see in the dark? We might be able to put the sunrod in a rucksac, use the darkness to move into position, and then strike all at once, destroying the crossbows."

"Karma, can you move those beds closer, so we can use them as cover?"

Someone

Adventurer
"They destroyed a large rock in a moment. I doubt one of those beds will be of much help against the bolts."

"In any case the mental image of myself being reduced to rubble is impairing my higer intellectual functions. Though, not enough that to realize the voice said implied the turrets react to hostile situations. Maybe we could approach unharmed if we are not hostile. I must admit, I don't know if they won't just consider anything non-dwarf hostile."
says Shale.

Cute-Hydra

First Post
Karma smirks: "Of course I can"

OOC: Attempt to move H9-H10 bed into the middle, will take me one set of three squares- assuming it is within my weight limit (400pounds), to get it to I7-I8.

Then I will go for bed J3-J4 moving it to H4-H5.

Actions Move: to N7 so I can see
Minor: move H9-H10 bed.
Standard - tone down to minor: move J3-J4 bed.

I don't see how it hurts to try, it's not like we are responsible for keeping the place well stocked. It may hinder the senses? It may provide us a bonus to defenses from concealment, worst case scenario we smash up some beds..

Sanzuo

First Post
Karma switches places with Halleck so as to get a better view of the room. Keeping an eye on the turrets, he concentrates on dragging the heavy wooden bunks into position so as to provide a little bit of cover. Reacting to the movement, the turrets seem to track the beds.

crossbowturret.jpg

Attention beds, you are out of alignment! Return to your post at once! You have ten seconds to comply!

The bunk beds are made of heavy wood and the mattresses have long since rotted away, but they do count as light cover if you are hiding behind them (-2 to ranged attacks vs. you).

[sblock=Map]
battle04map04.png
[/sblock][sblock=Terrain]
  • The ceiling is 10 feet (2 squares) high.
  • The bunks are blocking terrain.
  • The chairs and tables are difficult terrain.
  • The only illumination is from the group's sunrod.
[/sblock]

Remove ads