• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] KOGANÙSAN (DM: Sanzuo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Sanzuo

First Post
GM: I guess Kavac is awol again, I'll make an effort to pick up the pace. Thank you for your patience

After the arrow volley, Karma and Halleck get low and advance carefully while Brenwar catches up. Meanwhile, Shale and Shrakk boldly rush forward to cover more ground.

The hidden enemies seem to pick out the two ahead of the group, and focus their fire on them. The enemy's figures are briefly visible in the arrow slits and another volley is launched before they quickly slip back behind their cover. Shale proves to be a difficult target as the arrows pass by him or are harmlessly swatted out of the air by a psionic barrier. Shrakk is not so fortunate as the enemies gets two lucky hits, the arrows stabbing painfully into his body.

[sblock=Actions, Round 1:]Shale: Double Move to E18
Shrakk: Double Move to G-18
Brenwar: Move to C13
Halleck: Move to C14, Total Defense

Enemies: 3 misses on Shale (Intellect Fortress is used), 2 hits on Shrakk for 8 damage, enemies move out of view.[/sblock][sblock=Status]????
Minion
AC 14; Fort 12; Ref 14; Will 13*
Basic Attack: N/A
* Enemies have superior cover, -5 to your attacks!!!!!
  • Brenwar: 49/53 hp
  • Shrakk: 29/41 hp, 2 surges spent, -1 healing surge
  • Halleck: 24/35 hp, 4 surges spent, -1 healing surge
  • Kavac: 35/39 hp, 2 surges spent
  • Shale: 25/29 hp
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
battle03map04.png
[/sblock][sblock=Terrain]
  • The ceiling is 2 squares above the walkway
  • The dark areas are a 4 square drop into water
  • The north and south wall are sheer and meet the ceiling
  • The east wall is sheer with arrow slits carved every square
  • The squares on and behind the rock (R) are de-trapped
  • The enemies are behind the arrow slits
[/sblock]

GM: Shale used INTELLECT FORTRESS. It's super effective!!

Someone

Adventurer
Shale now advances slower, realizing that his companions were right on the "not rushing" strategy. This time he waits for any of the archers to show themselves before scattering their molecules around.

[sblock=actions]Advance to k18, ready an action to, as soon anyone moves to the space behind any of the arrow slits, manifest Dimensional Scramble centered in that space. It should hit Fort 16, without the benefit of cover as we discussed earlier; if it hits anyone with more than 1 hit point, try (this should allow them a save) to teleport him in front of the arrow slits - I mean the "26" column.

It it's useful, use the orb's encounter power (immediate interrupt, use Will defense instead of AC, spend 1 power point to raise Will save to 20)[/sblock]

[sblock= Combat Stats]
Shale, shardmind psion 2
Initiative: +1, Speed: 6 Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
AC: 18 Fort: 12, Reflex: 16, Will: 16, Resist: 5/psychic
HP: 25/29, Bloodied: 14, Surge Value: 7, Surges Left: 7/7
Action Points: 1, Power points 2/2
Powers
At-Will Powers:Static Mote, Dimensional Scramble
Encounter Powers: Far Hand (X) Forceful Push ( ) Shard Swarm ( ) Intellect Fortress (X) Item: Orb of mental constitution ( ) Second Wind ( )
Daily Powers: Living Missile ( )
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=GM Question]
The answer can be "because I said so," but, I am curious.

How were the enemies able to move, shoot, and then move again?
[/sblock]

Sanzuo

First Post
[sblock=GM Question]
The answer can be "because I said so," but, I am curious.

How were the enemies able to move, shoot, and then move again?
[/sblock]

GM: A perfectly reasonable question. The answer is that these particular enemies have the ability to shift once per round as a minor action, and because I am a jerk, I put them in an environment that lets them take advantage of this in the best way possible for them.

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=OOC]You are indeed a jerk then, since that limits my actions to run and pray. :p

Thanks for the info :)[/sblock]

"Stay behind me, Karma," Halleck advised. "Brenwar, Move on ahead. I am slow in this armor, and while Karma may be vulnerable in the next long stretch, he can probably out pace me and catch up to you, to be his guard for the next path ahead."

[sblock=Actions]
Move: C18
Standard: Readied Action Vicious Mockery
Attack: 1d20+5=12 Just missed.
[/sblock][sblock=Suggested Actions for others]
Karma: he said move up five, so that should put him right behind me at C17
Brenwar: to D18, or double move.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rapida

First Post
"Aye, Aye captain," Brenwar continues pushing ahead with his shield raised.
[sblock]

Brenwar – Male Human Paladin 5
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Brenwar_Holyshield_(Rapida)
Initiative: +1, Speed: 5 Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 20
AC: 24 Fort: 17, Reflex: 17, Will: 19, Resist: 1/all
HP: 49/53, Bloodied: 26 , Surge Value: 13, Surges Left: 13/13
Action Points: 1
Feat Note: Whenever Brenwar spends a healing surge, he gains 3 resistance to all damage until the start of his next turn.
OA Basic Melee Attack: +9 Virtuous Strike (Vanguard's Hammer) 1d10+5 Damage
Powers At-Will Powers:
Divine Challenge, Ardent Strike, Virtuous Strike, Enfeebling Strike Lay on Hands (3/3 Remaining)
Encounter Powers: Valorous Smite, Righteous Smite, Virtue, Channel Divinity, Second Wind
Daily Powers: Majestic Halo, Unyielding Faith, Magic Item Daily
[/sblock]

Cute-Hydra

First Post
Karma moves into the position shouted by his warlord, but as he goes she seems to be concentrating, Halleck feels Karma's twinkling green eyes on his as he listens. Karma turns away almost ignoring the rock which still hangs limpless in the air, with a flick of his eyes the rock moves onto the next title triggering the trap, callously Karma doesn't flinch as the traps trigger, he finally turns to the slots and fixes his eyes on them.

OOC:
Free: study Halleck
Move: to C17
Minor:Trigger next trap
Standard: delay to target C27 with dishearten (no augment) if I see any baddies, or just target 28 if I am within range, not entirely sure how it is measured. Please roll on my behalf if I hit/delay and hit.

Otakkun

Explorer
Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm going on vacations for the new 2 weeks, so my posting may be spotty, please NPC me as needed ... I'm not sure about my internet access over there.

I will try to post, just don't wait for me.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads