• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=P8 MIA?]Has anyone heard from Phoenix8008? His last post was a week ago, but it looks like he's been lurking around. Don't want to NPC him without checking, but I would like to give WD a fair shot at posting a real move before I update status.[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]Standard: MBA'
Target: Ambusher 2
Attack: 1d20+7+2(CA)= 19 vs. AC Miss

Directing Strike Granted by WD
Target: Ambusher 2
Attack 1d20+7+2(CA) = 16 vs. AC Miss.

Since WD posted theconditional move above, I'll call that the end of the round and post an update tomorrow night. [/sblock][sblock=WD]You still have a Move and a Minor if you want to post them before tomorrow night[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

Riardon curses slightly as Talon cannot use the shown opening.

[sblock=OOC]

Riardon will stay in the middle, so he could reach both enemies if needed.
No idea for a minor action. I will be done with the directing strike.

-----

Everyone in 20 sq around Riardon gets a +2 to initiative.
When you spend an AP, you get a +1 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 18 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 18 Reflex 17 Will 16
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 43 / 44 Bloodied: 22
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 0 Second Wind: 0
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 6 / 8
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Opening Shove
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 0/2, Aid the Injured, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Muffled shouts persist from the other side of the door to Mervin’s back as bottles shatter against each other and the knife-wielding rogue spraying him with exquisite vintages never to be tasted, “Man you’re a real headache, magic man.” Obviously not a lover of fine wine, the bandit pays no further attention to Mervin, seeing that he’s not going to escape into the tavern kitchen. He skirts around Rujah, dropping him with two quick cuts to gut, “Now stay dead, wyrm!” Grasping his own wounds, he bolts into the maze of casks to the north, disappearing from view.
The cornered thug strikes out ineffectively against Dayna. This time the thief’s partner is unable to Distract Talon’s protective jabs with his own attack. Though the shifter is hurt, he connects with Dayna’s assailant. Bloodied and surrounded, the partner-thief scrambles to the cask ramp in an attempt to escape to the street.

“Oh no you don’t!” Firebyrne manages to catch him half-way up the stairs, dealing a fatal blow. Standing over his kill, the dragonborn smiles and turns his attention back to the embattled shifter and his companion.[sblock=Mechanics]Knife Fighter:
Peerless Tumbler Recharge: 1d6=1 Fail
Standard: Dance of the Knife
Target 1: Rujah
Attack: 1d20+12=30 vs. AC for 1d6+6=9
Effect: Shift to L10
Target 2: Rujah
Attack: 1d20+12=19 vs. AC for 11 damage
Effect: Shift to J10
Move: to Last Seen at F10
Stealth: 1d20+11=29
Save vs. OG 5: 1d20=14 Success!

Ambusher 1:
Standard: MBA
Target: Dayna
Talon’s OA: 1d20+7=22 vs. AC for 1d10+4=5 damage
Attack: 1d20+12=14 Miss

Ambusher 2:
Standard: MBA
Target: Talon
Attack: 1d20+12=24 vs. AC for 1d8+4=6 damage
Effect: Shift to G3
Move: Shift to G2

Firebyrne:
Move: to G3
Standard: 1d20+8=28 vs. AC for 1d6+4=6 damage

Rujah: will delay pending attempts at healing.[/sblock][sblock=Status]
Riardon J5 43/44HP 6/8HS 0/2IW 0AP
Talon E4 6(8)/36HP Bloodied6/8HS 0AP Second Wind Used
Dayna E3 3/38HP Bloodied 2/2HS Shares AP with Talon
Firebyrne G1 32/37HP 0/0HS 0AP
Fenwick N8 37/37HP 10/11HS 1AP
Rujah M9 0/41HP Dying10/12HS 0AP SW Used.
Jin G5 23/32HP6/6HS 0AP
Mervin M13 15/31 HP Bloodied 7/7HS 1AP

Ambusher 1 D3 44/77HP
Ambusher 2 G2 -1/77HP Dead
Archer 1 I3 15/62HP Dead
Archer 2 N2 0/62HP Dead
Knife Fighter ? 2/162 Bloodied
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
BasementRound8.png
[/sblock][sblock=NPCs]
Firebyrne.png

Thugs.png

RogueArcher.png
Erkson.png
[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=quick question]If the knife fighter was last seen at F10, wouldn't he be in line of sight from E4 and E3? Also, is Jin, who is apparently on top of something, able to see into that area?[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
The knife fighting thief rounds the corner behind one of the stacks of ale kegs. Bleeding heavily, his breath coming in short gasps, he collapses to the floor with his back to a barrel. He leans his head back and closes his eyes in an effort to gather focus.

When he opens them again, he senses that he's been spotted. Talon, still engaged with the remaining thug, cornered behind one of the wine casks turns and spots the blade rogue. When their eyes meet, one pair begs for mercy; the other offers none, "The rogue here behind barrels!" The shifter's voice carries across the cellar as if spoken through a bull horn, "Cut his heart out. I eat it!"[sblock=New Map]
BasementRound85.png
[/sblock][sblock=Status Update]Thanks EB. I was concentrating so heavily on the lower right-hand corner of the map that I completely forgot about Talon and Dayna being there. I must have thought the table would block LOS, but, alas, no.

The Knife Fighter is at F9[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
Furious at the situation, furious at Wayne, and seeing the knife fighter run away - wine still dripping from his soaked clothes - Mervin takes a step forward and throws a fireball toward the bedraggled foe. It explodes and consumes the alcohol-soaked man in flames.

"Well, that does make me feel slightly better," Mervin says with a sigh as a third wine bottle disengages from the nearby rack and makes its way to his hand.

[sblock=ooc]Move: step to M11

standard: Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation on the knife fighter. I didn't bother to roll because it will do 2 damage to the guy regardless of whether or not I hit. If I need to roll, just let me know. Also, I didn't know if the wine would add some situational bonus (that's secretly the whole reason I hit him with the wine bottles). Either way, it explodes in a 3x3 area centered on the knife fighter and all enemies that enter/start their turn there take 2 fire damage. (I know it's overkill to use an encounter when the guy has 2 HP left but that's the mood Mervin is in right now.)

minor: mage hand another wine bottle to myself - it's about time for a drink

Tenchuu: I'm sorry I incinerated the guy, but Mervin is so pissed off he wasn't going to help you capture him. At least the ambusher is still alive! Maybe he'll give up at this point?[/sblock]
[sblock=Mervin ministats]Mervin Male Human Wizard 3
Initiative: +7, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 17, Senses: Normal
AC:19, Fort:13, Reflex:17, Will:15
HP:15/31 (assuming OA), Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:7/7
Action Points/Daily Item Uses/Milestones: 1/1/0
Powers:
Phantom Bolt
Winged Horde
Thunderwave
(Wizard cantrips)

Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation
Color Spray
Shield
Staff of Defense
Second Wind
Orb of Nimble Thoughts

Flaming Sphere

Important Stuff:

Conditions:

Full sheet: L4W:CS:Mervin (evilbob) - L4W Wiki[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

"Talon, you got the last one. Try to not kill him!" Riardon directs the ranger.

[sblock=OOC]

Riardon cannot reach the last enemy, so he gives a directing strike again.

Standard: Directing Strike for Talon.
Move: To M8, to make a heal check next round.

-----

Everyone in 20 sq around Riardon gets a +2 to initiative.
When you spend an AP, you get a +1 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 18 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 18 Reflex 17 Will 16
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 43 / 44 Bloodied: 22
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 0 Second Wind: 0
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 6 / 8
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Opening Shove
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 0/2, Aid the Injured, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]EB: No. Don't bother rolling.

BB: I think you're last this round. Tenchuu is on vacation and I still have not heard from P8. [/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads